Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. KarthikeyanYour feedback matters!
I have problem of dark spots and blackening of skin. I have tried many creams and medicines but they are not affective on me. I feel depressed after seeing my skin. What should I do at home to remove it?
Sir, I have asked earlier question for Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and taking medicine Xet cr Plus 12. 5.
I am unable to study properly, unable to do focus and I have masturbation habit too. I am 20 years old, neither smoking nor drinking habit. I lives in hostel and eat in a mess,. I do not take breakfast. I take lunch at 12-1 sometimes after 2pm. I am so nervous about my exams which is on 3rd april. I try to do study but my mind wanders here and there at the same time. Different thoughts came at the same time. please I want your help Sir.
While many of us may associate healthy food with a healthy body, it is also true that healthy food can support a healthy brain. As we start to grow old, there is something known as oxidative damage which can lead to memory impairment and general brain decline. A healthy brain is one where the brain function is at an appropriate level and the aging process has been pushed back in terms of stellar memory and information processing. According to Ayurveda and other arms of medical science, there are a number of super foods that can help in this process. Here is a list of five foods that can lead to a healthier brain.
- Brahmi: This is one of the most commonly used Ayurvedic herbs. It can be used for many ailments and it also prescribed as a brain tonic for stronger memory. Besides making the memory clear and sharp, this ingredient can improve the brain’s grasping power and the mental capacity of the brain. It is also an excellent anti-anxiety agent, as per Ayurvedic science.
- Ginkgo Biloba: This herb promotes better blood circulation in the brain, which helps in improving the overall brain function. It is also a memory enhancer. This herb is used by Ayurvedic doctors for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease and Amnesia. It is a good medicine that can repair the damaged cells of the brain.
- Ashwagandha: This is also known as an Ayurvedic wonder herb. This herb contains many beneficial properties for the brain and the rest of the body. When it comes to the brain and its functioning, Ashwagandha is ideal for patients who are suffering from severe stress. Besides being a stress reliever, this herb can also be used to keep the brain in a calm state for better performance. It helps in improving the functioning of the brain and its complex nerves. This herb is also a good memory enhancer.
- Gotu Kola: Gotu Kola is a well-known Ayurvedic herb that can be used for protecting the nerves from damage. It protects the brain cells as well. Also, it enhances the capacity of the brain and leads to improved performance thanks to the many vital elements that it carries.
- Mulethi: This is a stress relieving herb used by Ayurvedic doctors. It improves the blood circulation in the nervous system, which gives rise to better brain function. This is a very good herb for children and students, as it is a memory booster which helps them in retaining and retrieving information. It is also a stress relieving medicine that can be used to keep the brain calm and cool even in the most challenging situation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
How can I stop excessive thoughts and concentrate my mind. Due to this I'm not able to focus on any work.
He lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to himself alone please help him.
I have wound in left parotid gland for about 26 days. What to do? Discharge continuously comes out. How to cu e it? I am unable to concentrate on my study. What to do?
Dear sir / mam I am college student. My mind is not sharp I am learn my studies and after my mind is blank.
I am 19 year old and. I am smoke cigarette. And I am sports man. Is it affects my stamina or my body.
I always suffer from mental dissatisfaction and feel tension with my career. What can I do to get rid of this problem?
I am suffering from ocd for the last 30 years. Please advice as medicines are not giving any relief.
I lose somebody close last year and since then feel bery depressed and prefer keeping the myself all time. please help me.
I am 27 years male. I had drank 2-3 peg of Vodka everyday from thi last 3 days. Now feeling totally body weakness. Still feeling like drankman. Not taken drink from last 24 hours. This has been done before 7 years before. I had drunk vodka of 4-5 pag. And feeling drankman and total body weakness still 10-15 days. I had drink many time vicky and nothing has to be done because of vicky. Is there any different in drunk vodka and vicky? Pls advise me on total body weakness and feeling drunkman.
Stress is the body’s natural way of dealing with a threatening situation. However, excessive stress can harm the body by lowering immunity and disturbing our mental and physical equilibrium. It is also a key factor that causes many diseases. Here are a few natural ways to beat stress.
- Get plenty of vitamin D: Vitamin D helps reduce stress and promotes the production of serotonin that reduces anxiety and makes a person feel happy. Vitamin D also boosts the immune system and strengthens the musculoskeletal and cardiovascular system. Exposing yourself to upto 15 minutes of sunlight a day is the best source of Vitamin D. Alternatively you could include salmon and cod liver oil in your daily diet. Vitamin D supplements can also help.
- Breathe deeply: We take the simple action of inhaling and exhaling for granted, but when done properly; it can engage the parasympathetic nervous system and help metabolize stress hormones. Using the technique of aulom vilom is very useful when dealing with stressful situations. Simply sit upright and close one nostril while inhaling deeply through the other. Hold your breath for a few seconds and then close the nostril you inhaled from and exhale through the other. Repeat with the other nostril.
- Chamomile tea: Herbs like chamomile have the ability to neutralize the effect of stress hormones. It also has powerful anti-oxidant properties. Chamomile tea is also often prescribed for people who suffer from insomnia and sleep difficulties. To benefit from this herb, steep a cup of hot water with a spoonful of dried chamomile leaves and drink the tea.
- Exercise: Hitting the gym or taking a long walk are very effective ways of combatting stress. Apart from making you fit, exercise also improves blood flow through your body and triggers the release of happy hormones. It also gives you time to yourself away from work and other responsibilities that may be tying you down. If you cannot put aside half an hour each day to exercise, try simply being more active through the day. For example, take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Herbal remedies: There are a number of herbs that help fight stress. Ginseng helps reduce the production of cortisol in the body and boosts the immune system. Basil is another great stress busting herb that also reduces pain and inflammation. Ashwagandha helps calm the mind in a troubled situation while passion flower can address stress induced anxiety. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.