Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. KarthikeyanYour feedback matters!
I am 16 years old. I am having a pain just below my knees it has started 2 years ago and it comes frequently a small tap can make me see heaven.
Hello sir, I suddenly have got pain in both my ankles and experience a bit of stiffness when I rotate my foot. What should i do?
I am 23 year old as I am doing job. So I have to stand the entire working hours when I woke up in morning. I am not able to walk for few steps. My foot pain for first few step.
What is the reason of back pain at the morning after sleep. I have already perform the test Rh factor that is negative.
When I started my work out at home with the gym equipments that I had, my lower left back side started paining. When I stopped my work out for 2 days, everything was fine. When I again started work out. It again started paining. While playing badminton also I felt the pain. It comes only when I any sweating activity. Pls find any solution for this. Thnk you.
I am having joint pain mainly in my legs ankles and fingers and also back ache. Dr. Says to reduce. Weight (98 kg now) to get relief from back ache. I cannot bend down long and it pains a lot. Even pain killers does not work.
I am using knee braces from last one week every after 8 to 10 hrs of duration I am suffering from knee swelling.what to do
I am 36 years old man who has been suffering from severe leg pain the last 6 months. The pain is worse at night when legs are up it turns through out the entire leg. Can you offer any advice for me.
I have a problem of leg pain from so long. It feels like that my legs are too tired. What is this problem and how can I get solve this.
My mother have back bone pain we done many treatment but no use if you have any suggestion please say.
I am having swollen ankle for few days now. Last year I fall down on stairs and had twisted ankle. Should I have to check with doctor or use pain balm?
Hi sir, I have facing a bug problem. I have slow pain in my right arm and leg. Somtimes its goes very high. Spl mrng time. One month ago I have also pain in my neck because my work is on pc then I going to e phesio therepist. After one month nech pain is ok now bt no progress in arm and leg. They are in same condition. Please tell me what type of treatment I need?
I am 44 old year male of 90 kg weight. My coccyx is bent and I am uncomfortable while sitting what should I do?
I have back pain, stomach pain, lots more pain I have, but when I test my chest, stomach, blood, sugar, B. P. Etc their is nothing is found, then I think, I have some neurological problem. What can I do now.
My bones are weak can you suggest how to make it strong. I am not able to lift heavy item its pain and hurt please suggest some good medicine.
Plantar fasciitis is an orthopedic problem that gives rise to pain in the foot and heel due to strain or pressure on the plantar fascia. This is a ligament or connective tissue which lies in a flat band, connecting your heel with the toes and effectively, providing a basis for the motion of the feet in general. Inflammation, swelling and bruising of this tissue or ligament can lead to excessive pain in the heel.
Let us look at ways that can help you deal with this pain:
- Rest: Taking rest and giving your feet a break from all kinds of strain inducing activities can help in relieving the pain. Also, you can keep your feet elevated to help in reducing the pain in the area.
- Supportive footwear: Using pads within your shoes with gel built into them, or using specific footwear that help in walking without feeling too much of pain is a good way of dealing with Plantar fasciitis. The shoe inserts must be rubber, felt or plastic so that they are soft for your feet. They also give your heel and its arch good support, while Orthotics pulls the ligament so that there is less stress on the same. You can also pull on a pair of night flints which will keep the foot and the ligament stretched while you enjoy a good night of sleep.
- Exercise: Indulging in mild muscle strengthening exercise that also involves stretching and heel hooks can help in alleviating chronic pain that you may be suffering from. Lie flat on your back and take a towel. Lift your leg and hook your foot into it. Now press against the towel and pull down the towel simultaneously. Repeat at least ten times per foot. This will give you flexibility and strength in the area.
- Painkillers: Use pain killers only when absolutely necessary and with due advice from the doctor or Orthopaedic specialist. The use of Ibuprofen and other pain relievers can help in numbing the pain inducing nerves in the brain and give you instant relief.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs: Your doctor may prescribe anti-inflammatory medication that can bring down the swelling for more comfortable functioning when you are on your feet. Naproxen is one such drug that helps in bringing down the inflammation. Also, corticosteroid injections can relieve severe pain.
- Surgery: Heel spur removal or Plantar fascia release are some of the surgical options for chronic and severe cases.
Taking care of your feet is a matter of ensuring that you look into the slightest discomfort and report the same to a doctor.