Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Accident Injuries Treatment
Head And Neck Cancer Surgeries
Anterior Segment Surgery
Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cancer Pain Management
Column Traumatology Procedure
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Submit a review for Dr. KarthikeyanYour feedback matters!
Have numbness in the body. All over the body and this doesn't go even after a jog. Is it a problem to worry?
My stone in right kidney is 4.1 mm and in ureter it is 5.5 mm. I am suffering from migraine also. Please guide some dietary plan. As 4 year ago I have positive thyroid by only small amount but I gained a lot of weight. Whole day I used to have small meals but doesn't lose much weight. I am getting more fatty day by day and getting tensed due to these diseases.
Several times there is a lot of pain in my head I get checked for migraine but reports are normal what should I do when my head starts aching there is a lot of pain in my veins any exercise or medicine which can help me I can not afford a doc not able to pay the fees help me please.
Hi, I am asking this question for my mother she have a regular migraine problem. Does it have a complete solution? What is the main causes of it?
My wife aged about 66 years having sever nerves pain in her lower back for the last 4/5 years. Please advise to get relief from pain.
My brother is having brain stroke. What should be lifestyle for him and what supplement should he take? Thanks in advance.
Sir, I am aged 63 years and suffering from diabetis since 5 years and in the beginning I was taking glizid m for the first 2 years and then shifted to the combination of metformin 500 with glimpride 2 mg for the next two years. Due to high blood sugar levels, I was admitted in the hospital at hyderabad and I was asked to shift to huminsulin 30/70 morning with 26 points and during night with 22 points. Now my sugar levels are under control, but my legs are getting sometimes pain and sometimes senselessness. Doctor has advised me to control the sugar levels and advised me to use pregabalin one capsule daily for controlling the leg pains. But the leg pains are continuing and I am not getting relief. Please advise me proper medicines to get relief of leg pain and senselessness. With regards
Sir, I have problem in ear, sounds sometimes go blocked. I had 7th nerve palsy 3 times in 4 years. This time i am also recovering. My muscles remained in spasm and palsy on my right side of face recovered. Same was on left side of face, my muscles went into heavy spasm. From, past 11 years , i am getting some salty substances in my mouth, and ear is paining now continuously from last 1 and a half year.Nobody is helping me. I performed MRi brain, ncv, spect perfussion. It was k..plz help me foe performing certain tests, as it is happening again and again,,,and i am sure it has some cause unlike bells palsy.
My husband is 42 year .he has a problem of migraine headache not frequently but sometimes. His blood pressure is 145/100 though he doesn't have history of high blood pressure but since few days his bp is fluctuating between 140 /100 to 130/90. Right now he's staying in Australia. And we all are in India .he has a history of allergy rhinitis. When ever he has headache he's taking naprosyn tab 250 mg.
I am 23 year old boy. I went to neurologist for my migraine pain in 2013. But the doctor abused me addictive antidepressants without my knowing. I took those medicines from Jan 2013 to june 2013. The following medicines were taken÷ 1>Provanol SR 40 2>Newcita plus 3>Dicorate ER 250 4>Zanocin OD 400 5>Headset Now I feel weakness of my body. My weight fell down from 70 kg to 55 kg. Before the treatment of neurologist I did not used to have depression. After the treatment of neurologist in 2013 I became plaque by bad health and depression as well.
I am 62 years old having diabetes for the last 15years. I am controlling diabetes by taking insulin and thru balanced diet. Recently I developed numbness in my right hand thumb abd index finger. Kindly advise cure.
I am 28 years old man. My height is 5'6' and weight is 60 kg. My bp is low and sugar is normal. Three years ago my hand had cut down in knife huge blood flow. Suddenly I felt senseless. In recent's 3 years when feel some pain and outcome blood in my bodies. I lose my sense. I visited neurologist and cardiologist they suggested me few test which is eeg, ecg, and mri, these test are normal. Then I appoint to psychologist he provide me one medicine zaptra 25. Still now I continue this medicine. I feel this not cure it. So what can I do please suggest.?
Suffering from Myoclonic seizure with mental retardation since from her birth. Can I treatment of her as stem cell therapy (autologous bone marrow transplantation (
Pains, sprains, twisted feelings, numbness all over body more in right knee and below even after all kinds of medication since a year because of acupuncture treatment by Dr.
My wife is suffering from meningitis. First time it was in june 2013 and again it repeated this time. Please suggest me?
PILLOWS AND MATRESSES.
“My neck pain started two days ago, Immediately I removed my pillow”
This is the very usual dialogue that I hear in my daily practice from my patients who are suffering from neck pain. Is pillow that important factor in causing neck pain or in relieving neck pain?? Let us know the facts.
Neck pain can be caused because of various reasons. Poor neck posture is one of the reasons for neck pain. So, what should be your sleeping posture? How can a pillow alter your normal sleeping posture?
Body needs rest and sleep gives our body rest so that body and mind work efficiently. It is very important that we maintain a normal sleeping posture so that muscles also get rest.
- Spine has to be straight
- Neck has to be in line with the body.
- It is better to avoid sleeping on tummy, as you will be forced to turn your neck to one side to facilitate breathing. Whole length of your sleep is spent with the neck turned to one side, out of alignment with the body, forcing the brain to sense something wrong and you wake up with a stiff neck. Pillow has no role here!!!
So, what kind of pillow can be used?
- Pillow can neither be too hard as it doesn’t absorb the shock/ weight of head, nor it can be too soft as the weight of the head can depress the pillow down and might take neck too low than body.
- Ideally the pillow has to regain its original shape faster once you wake up from lying position. If a pillow takes too long to come back to its original shape or doesn’t come at all or remains in the same shape, its time for you to change your pillow.
- If you are lying on your back, its better to use a thin pillow which supports your head and neck. Please do not use a thick pillow in this position, as it may raise or bring your head and neck forward or higher than body causing stress to your spine.
Not using a pillow when you lie down in this position can take your neck backwards and might cause trouble breathing.
Recommended to use a thin/ lighter pillow when you lie down on your back.
- If you are lying on your side (right or left), its better to go with a thicker pillow. Ideally the pillow should be as thick as the distance between your shoulder and neck, so that when you lie down on your side the neck doesn’t go down or go up and stays in line with the body. Pillow has to be used!!
Recommended to use a thicker pillow when lying on side.
Pillow is not a major cause of neck pain. Its always better to use a pillow than not using at all. Removing the pillow the moment neck pain starts is definitely not a good solution for your neck pain. Chose the right pillow and more importantly consult your Physiotherapist.
As with the pillow for neck pain, mattress is not a major cause for back pain.
- Mattress should not be too hard, should not be too soft either.
- If it is too soft, the broader areas of our body like the hips and shoulders, might press the mattress down thereby reducing the support for other body parts, which strains them as they do not get proper support.
- If its too hard, the mattress wont be able to support the various natural curvatures of our body (broader and narrower areas), forcing the muscles to work more and get strained.
- Its better to change a sacked mattress or too depressed mattress.
- Mattress should be uniform in contour.
- Lying bare on floor wont work!!!!
And more importantly consult your Physiotherapist for back related issues.
Have a pain free life…..