Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Accident Injuries Treatment
Head And Neck Cancer Surgeries
Anterior Segment Surgery
Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cancer Pain Management
Column Traumatology Procedure
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Submit a review for Dr. KarthikeyanYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old male. Software engineer. Height 5. 8 weight79kg. I had numness problem often. Even I sit in a place for 10 min in crossed legs I will get numness in my legs. Kindly explain why it is happening to me and any solution for it. Thanks.
Hi, I am suffering from stroke haemeplegia can you please tell some medicines for speedy recovery. Please advise.
I am 40 years old male and I have been suffering from epilepsy for 30 years. I used ayurveda, and allopathic. Now I am continuing SELZIC OD 300 mgand rivotril 0.5 mg. Please release this disease.
Sometimes it is the simplest things that can really amp up your marriage, sleeping naked is one of those simple things you can do to improve your marriage.
First off sleeping naked is quite freeing both physically and psychologically. Baring yourself while you sleep with your spouse builds trust both physically (oxytocin is thanked for this) and psychologically.
The act of sleeping naked is simply sexy and appealing to your partner.
That skin to skin feeling also makes you feel sexy. Skin on skin contact releases the hormone oxytocin which increases the feelings of comfort.
This may put you in the mood for sex.
Oxytocin has other benefits as well like making you feel more aroused, increasing feelings of trust, lowers heart rate, reduces blood pressure and simply makes you more ready for sexual interaction.
Of course healthy spouses are happy spouses. Sleeping naked has been scientifically proven to improve health.
Being close to your spouse and cuddling while you sleep is actually beneficial your health.
Your skin can absorb more nutrients.
Your metabolism will also improve because your body will have to work while you sleep to maintain that healthy body temperature of 98.6.
For both men and women sleeping naked allows their genitals to “air out”. Your genitals are covered up all day, everyday which makes it an ideal environment for the overgrowth of yeast and bacteria which can lead to infection and discomfort.
More sound sleep equals less overall stress.
Feeling less stressed means less arguing and nit picking in marriages.
You may not believe it, but having a lower body temperature while you sleep actually helps you to rest better.
This is also an ideal environment for the anti-aging hormones to do their job.
Sleeping naked is also fun. What better way to end the day than to be skin to skin with your spouse.
It is an intimate way to sleep and will make you feel closer to your spouse.
The skin to skin contact is a great way to get that intimate alone time that you cannot get anywhere else.
There have been nights when we go to bed exhausted and yet we are naked. Through out the night we are touching a feeling each other.
As a new day arrives and the house is quiet we find the perfect time to enjoy one another sexual and start our day off on the right track.
Free yourself from wearing clothes at night! Sleeping naked is a empowering situation for both of you!
I am a student. I am 20 years. As my studies are more and due to excessive writing my hands feel weak and I can' t write like before. Can you suggest me for some remedy please ?
What is transsphenoidal surgery and its process. Are there any post surgical complications in it and how much follow up does it requires?
I am suffering from migraine for the last 3-4 years. I have been using Zerograin plus. But of late it has stopped being of much help.
I m patient of migraine. And using sibalium 5mg daily one tablet in night.m OK with this.but up to when u have to use this tablet.bcoz as I stop using tablet. I get problem of migrane
Hello Sir, I am 25 years old and I'm a male. I'm facing little numbness to my left side of the body, When I got consulted to the Doctor, He referred to Brain MRI and said that everything is normal and no need to worry but I got to know the change in me . I can't breath completely to my left side , one month back I went to the Hospital and there they referred to X--Ray and In-Flow Out-Flow graphs they too said that everything's normal but Why i'm facing this please help me out of this.
I want an advise for my hand when I drive a cycle or scooty my hand fingers become numb after 5 to 10 minutes drive. Why it happens what is a remedy for getting out of it.
I'm 24 years old and i'm a student. I'm perfectly alright until 2 years back. But then suddenly I started facing severe problem with my hand. I could do all the thing, except writing. When I try to write, hand won't go front. Pen slips from my hand. Hand gets twisted and get severe pain. Consulted many doctors for 2 years. Used allopathy, homeopathy, ayurvedic, herbal medicines, physiotherapy, acupressure. But nothing was of use. There was no improvement in my hand. I even slowly started facing problems like anger, frustration, headache, tension and depression. I'll get extreme emotions either too happy or too sad for small things. Got frustrated with all these treatments and lost hope that it will get cured and left aside everything. Can you please find any solution for my problem?
Pain on right leg Pain start from hip and buttocks And transfer to below the calf, heel, ankle and instep I think it's some kind of neuro pain like sciatica pain.
Benefits of sleeping on your left side. In ayurveda it is called vamkushi:
1. Prevents snoring
2. Helps in better blood circulation
3. Helps in proper digestion after meals
4. Gives relief to people having back and neck pain
5. Helps in filtering and purifying toxins, lymph fluids and wastes
6. Prevents serious illness as accumulated toxins are flushed out easily
7. Liver and kidneys work better
8. Helps in smooth bowel movements
9. Reduces workload on heart and its proper functioning
10. Prevents acidity and heartburn
11. Prevents fatigue during morning
12. Fats gets digested easily
13. Positive impact on brain
14. It delays onset of parkinsons and alzheimers
15. It is also considered to be the best sleeping position according to ayurveda.
Am suffering from migraine. From past one year. I couldn't bare it. I took medication from doctor. But I couldn't bare it when m exposed it sun, journeys and stress.
The partial or total inability to hear is known as hearing impairment or hearing loss. It can be present at birth, or develop later in life.
There are a number of factors, which may cause hearing loss
1. Age - Age is the biggest factor when it comes to the loss of hearing, and you may lose the ability to hear as you age. This condition is known as presbycusis. It becomes difficult to understand high-frequency sounds like that of a child or a woman when you get old.
2. Noise - When you are exposed to loud noises for a prolonged period of time, it damages your ears. This leads to loss of hearing. 5% of the total population of the world is affected by noise (the degree of suffering varies). It may be a result of continuous exposure to loud music or a sudden exposure to a loud noise like an explosion.
3. Hereditary disorders - Hearing disorder may be inherited by the dominant or recessive genes of parents in the child. 70-80% of these cases inherit from the recessive genes, whereas 20-25% inherit hearing loss from the dominant genes.
4. Trauma - Serious injuries of the head/ears may cause loss of hearing, which may be either temporary or permanent. When damage is caused to the brain, the brain fails to process the message conveyed by the ears. So even if the ears are totally functional, a person may face the problem in hearing.
5. Perinatal problems - The ototoxic effects on the fetus due to excess intake of alcohol during pregnancy lead to hearing the loss in about 64% of the infants born to alcoholic mothers.
Also, premature birth can be associated with hearing loss due to high risk of being exposed to noise in neonatal units.
Knowing about the causes of hearing loss can lead you a step closer to preventing this disorder as you age.
Here are some useful tips that can help prevent hearing loss:
1. Be more aware - You should be diligent and aware of the situations, which may risk your hearing ability and should try to avoid such situations as much as possible. Limit your exposure to sources of hazardous noises like firearms, firecrackers, concerts and clubs.
2. Take precautionary measures - If your occupation calls for working at an environment of loud noises, use earplugs or earmuffs to block out the excessive noise. Also, make sure that you work in a place where employers take all the necessary measures of noise control under the federal or state regulations.
3. Monitor your use of gadgets - Monitor and control the use of hearing devices, and try to reduce the use of headphones/ earphones as much as possible.
Related Tip: Why Do You Get an EAR Discharge?