Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KarthikeyanYour feedback matters!
My Uric acid is high as 7.2 and I am taking zyloric tablets since 20 days. What is the further step to do.
My wife has thyroid. Her tsh is 7.7 she is taking" eltroxin 50mg" daily. May she have to increase or decrease her dose, if yes then how much dose she have to take. Or any better medicine from it to control her thyroid.
Infertility is characterized by the inability to get pregnant even after unprotected intercourse for over a year. Repeated miscarriages along with other factor can often be the reason behind infertility in women.
Probable causes of Infertility in Women:
The most common cause of infertility in women is an abnormal uterus. Congenital flaws, such as septate uterus can lead to repeated miscarriages. The normal pH level of the uterus is approximately in the range of 6.6 to 7.6. So a pH level below or above this range can lead to an abnormal uterus.
Ovulation defects (such as the eggs not properly maturing in the ovaries or the ovaries not releasing mature eggs) are other causes as well.
Another possible cause is Endometriosis, a condition wherein the tissues which line the inner walls of the uterus start to grow on the outsides of the uterus, such as in the pelvis or the abdomen.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), a condition wherein the ovaries become enlarged with tiny cysts growing on them, is another important cause for infertility. Hormonal imbalances are at the root of this condition.
A block or damage to the fallopian tubes can prevent the sperm to properly fertilize the egg thus, leading to infertility.
Unhealthy lifestyle habits such as obesity or being underweight, excessive alcohol consumption, smoking and not following a healthy diet are other important causes of infertility. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My wife is having problem for last3days. The outer wall of her vagina is severe itching problem. She is diabetic too Using Candid ointment but not helping. Pl suggest.
I'm 61 years old male. I tested my blood glucose on 20.04.2017. It's level - fasting 111 mg /dl and pp 160 mg/dl. Pl diagnose the condition and give suitable advice to avoid taking medicines.
Hi doctor, I always feel sleepy even sleep for whole night always my eyes pains, I had already go for eye check bt it's 6/6. I have a doubt of increasing thyroid. Seems to be the symptoms like that. If that so can you please suggest the test I can go for. Thanks.
Hi I am insulin dependent diabetic taking lupisulin m50 25 unit before lunch and 10 unit before dinner and taking Janumet 50/1000 2 time. My sugar lever is normal. From past 5-6 Month I have started strength training and now my strength has increased so I want to know can I take whey protein or protein supplements to gain muscle. Thank you.
Sugar fasting 180-190 after medicine janumet 1000 it will be 100- 110 but i want to continue with ayurvedic. So suggest.
What are the main reasons for diabetes. Please conform me once whether prediabetes patient will get surely diabetes.
Thyroid profile TSH 3rd generation 6.551 miu/ml doctor said hypo thyroid case what type of treatment taken? What type of medicine taken? Which food should be avoided? Please help to cure at low cost.
My 45 year old mom has diabetes from 8 years. She is taking insulin. From 3 years she is having severe knee pain. And all types of treatment has done and none worked. Doctors said cartilage (gel like thing) has dried up completely in her knees. Please suggest foods to build cartilage and any supplement and perfect treatment?
I am a diabetic patient 70 yr old dependent on INSULIN for last 18 years, 22 units in night after meal & 20 units in morning after breakfast (30/70 Hum insulin)My last F BS was 126 on 30th May-15 by AVIVA meter.I feel just like that I am walking on sprung mattress in night when I go for urination.It also happens in day time occasionally.I am taking Aldonil TAD two times and Duloxee 40 mg TAD & Inditor SR TAD once a day . along with other medicine for diabetes.There is marginal improvement in one last year.Please suggest me.
I have thyroid. TSH 96.7 and my BP is about 90/140, I felling nourvarseness, tens, sleepless in night. Now tell me what I can have to do? Please.
Dear Sir/Madam, I have pain in left side upper abdomen and after ultrasound it's found that I have fatty liver. Thereafter I have done blood test in which thyroid disease has found. TSH -7.79, T3 - 131, T4 - 8.9 . Now I got confused I want ask you is there any connection between fatty liver and thyroid? And according to above data related to thyroid can you tell in what stage of my thyroid problem? And also thyroid is curable or not?
People who suffer from high blood sugar can find it quite hard to keep their sugar levels in check. While the common practice is to maintain a low carbohydrate diet that is useful on the whole, there are other alternative diet options as well. The food items mentioned below either help by lowering sugar level or by increasing insulin sensitivity.
Items to include in your diet
- Starch: One of the items that help lower sugar levels is resistant starch. Starches are long chains of glucose and are found in food items such as bananas, potatoes, oats and various others. There are a few varieties that pass through digestion unchanged and are not absorbed as glucose in the blood. They are known as resistant starch. This type of starch is also known to increase insulin sensitivity significantly. They help in transfering glucose from the bloodstream into cells thus lowering sugar level and offering energy to the individual after meals. It is advised to not consume potatoes, but take a resistant starch supplement since potatoes contain digestible carbohydrates that increase sugar level.
- Ceylon Cinnamon: This is another great ancient remedy that has many compounds that prevent sugar from entering the bloodstream. It also enhances insulin sensitivity. Other great alternatives include cashews and almonds. These dry fruits are rich in Magnesium which is a mineral that ensures blood sugar regulation.
- Fenugreek: A powerful herb that is also a good source of soluble fiber. It has several compounds that are known to improve blood sugar control.
- Shirataki noodles: They are very low in carbohydrates and high in fiber. Keeping your carbohydrate consumption low is very important for diabetes management. So, these Japanese noodles help in doing so. Since they contain mostly glucomannan, an indigestible fiber, Shirataki noodles help in reducing blood sugar levels after meals while improving other metabolic health factors in diabetics.
- Dark Chocolate: Another good option is cocoa in dark chocolate. The cocoa comes from the cocoa plant and contains flavanols. Cocoa is known to improve insulin resistance and overall blood sugar regulation. However, dark chocolate does contain a little sugar so you would want to go in for 85% cocoa or more. Treat this item as a cheat item for those days when you need to cheat with your diet since this has a neutral effect. Switching to dark chocolate immediately is best for those who are addicted to chocolate. It will serve as a neutral item at worst and will help with blood sugar regulation at best.
- Apple cider vinegar: Another beneficial item to add to your diet is apple cider vinegar. It is an ancient folk remedy that is known to increase glucose metabolism by increasing the sugar uptake from blood into cells.
These items are known to be very helpful for lowering blood sugar levels and keeping it in check. It is advised to consult your doctor and seek his approval before you add any of these items to your regular diet.