Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KarthikeyanYour feedback matters!
Dear sir I am 20 years male. I am suffering from gum bleeding problem from last 1 year. And also mouth smell. What should ido?
Hello I want to ask something From last so many days I am suffering from some problem and the problem is If I eat any spice thing then my tongue can not bear it normally I can et spicy food bt from lst so many days I suffer this problem and someday my tongue become dry also. Pls help me asap.
I am suffering from bad smell in mouth. I am doing proper care but no result and no problem in teeth. So what can I do?
I am a 18 years old girl. I have yellow color on my teeth. I brush 2 times in a week. But still the coloration not leave. What should I do doctor?
I am getting very hot air from my mouth And nose. Full body pain, throat pain and warm body what's the problem please tell it's urgent.
She has pain in her teeth for over 4 or 5 days, its too painful she can't even eat food, she can not handle it she don't work at all please help
Pain in my tooth, right cheek region inside, no bleeding, doctors gave me clavam 625 amd zenodol, told me to continue for next 5 days 2day now, terrible pain have the x ray report now couldn't sleep for 2 days, please suggest.
I am suffering from oral sabmucus fibrosis what should I do. A doctor suggested me to take Ms. fibre tablet for 60 days. Is it works.
I am 25 year old. I have severe bad breath. What should I do to avoid bad breathe. Im short too. What should I do to grow.
My wisdom tooth is growing due to which lower jaw part has swelled a bit also its paining inside and I cannot have food properly kindly suggest any medicine.
I have recently done root canal to set right a decayed tooth. Even at that time I had sensitivity in the teeth around the affected teeth. After root canal sensitivity is not gone. What is the way out. Any special tooth paste required to be used?
No one likes going to a dentist. People fear a toothache, let alone the treatment. Because of this, a lot of people end up in the dentist's chair only when the pain is unbearable and it is too late to save the tooth. Just like we have a routine health check up for the rest of our body, our teeth too need to be looked at by a dentist at regular intervals to spot that cavity right when it starts. A regular visit can also allow a quick clean up to keep your teeth shining white.
Here's what to expect during a routine dental check up:
- They'll check your history: Before you actually get to the dentist's chair, your dentist will want to know your entire health background. This is done either by you filling out a detailed form that the receptionist gives you or a junior dentist filling a medical record sheet after asking you questions. You'll specially be asked questions about any pain or symptoms you might be experiencing in your teeth and other things like medications, diabetes, arthritis, pregnancy etc. Each of these problems can have a direct impact on your dental treatment, hence revealing them to your practitioner in advance is very important. Also, be sure to discuss any concerns or anxiety you are experiencing. Most dentists know how to put their patient at ease. All it'll take is a quick chat to put you at ease.
- You'll get a cleaning: Just like the car gets a good wash before the mechanic can have a look, your teeth will get a good scrub before your dentist can address any problem areas. Cleaning involves scraping off built up plaque and tartar that collects above and below the gum line before flossing between and around every tooth to remove any plaque or food particles that are clinging on. You may also get a final shiny finish for your pearly whites at the end of the cleaning session.
- Your teeth will be examined: Your dentist will now use a metal probe with a small angled mirror to see behind and between teeth and gums, as well as check for the softening of tooth enamel and dentin. If you have a cavity or anything deeper, this is when it will surface. Once the doctor identifies a problem, they suggest the next course of action.
- You may get an X-ray: If the doctor finds a problem that needs fixing, he may ask you to take an X-ray to find out how deep the decay is. You'll be asked to bite down on a piece of plastic while the X-ray machine is placed against your cheek. Where possible, you can check if your doctor can do a digital X-ray which emits 90% less radiation.
- Results and advice: Based on your X-ray results and overall medical condition, the doctor may recommend various procedures to remove your existing decay and prevent new ones.