Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. KarthikeyanYour feedback matters!
I had a chip fracture in my knee.in 2013. Doctors told me that it will settle with the time but it still hurts and I often face some veins and nerves pain.
I am 32 yrs old and I have slip disc problem. That is situated in L5-S1. I consult with neurosurgeon. He advised me to go for physiotherapy. But recently My back pain started for last 3 days. What is the remedies of this?
Hi my name is mukesh I am 19 years old I am suffering with a severe back pain. I am a little bit fat. Can you pls suggest me how to get rid of this.
I am 32 years old and I am facing problem with my ligament. 2 years ago I met with an accident and during playing time again my ligament have some problem and I can't run with that. Is it necessary to go for surgery or it will automatically. Its MCL.
I accidentally punched an iron door. It hurts me at the mcp joint from the fore finger. What measures shall I take to reduce the pain at home?
Suffering from slip disk or related to this kind of problem whenever I awaken in morning I am continuously getting pain in my back bone I think in spinal cord.
Iam a 65 year old man, had a stroke in 2009 and my left side was totally dead. After prolonged Ayurvedic treatment I Can walk now on plain surface without any external help. Recently I noticed my right knee making a crackling sound whenever I went down the stairs. This only happens when I go down the stairs. There is no pain but the sound is quite disturbing as I have never heard it before. What are the probable reasons and remedial measures I have to take? Please advise.
I am 18 yes old and I have back pain since 7 days and head ache since 3 days so prescribe some medicine for that.
I have a Ribs pain both sides and sometimes in heart also. So what can I do for it and what's the reason behind this? Please Suggest me. I am very thankful to you.
I am 50 years old female. I am suffering from knots (as clots) on both arms from last 10 years. Some times I feel pain in these knots. I cosulted many doctors and they gave me kachnaar gugle baati tablets but no relief. Please sugguest me.
I am newly came in a new palace for a college degree, so what to do maintain my health as I was a very healthy. Suddenly I am looking like a small man. What is the best protection to get addition for this. I wanna come at my initial point to restore. It very occur to see a suddenly changed body. So please help me to overcome from this problem.
I have pain in my both wrist this issue is there from nearly 6 months my both wrist pain very badly I cannot even lift anything in want to get rid of it.
My father of 50 years old suffering from back pain from last 7 year he is taking treatment and when he do more work he even can't stand also. Any solution for this.
I am a 25yr old male and have pain in my feet when I walk early morning after some walk there is no pain what can be the reason.?
Persistence of pain even after full healing of an affected area after injury or ailment is known as chronic pain. Chronic pain can also occur due to an undiagnosed underlying condition within the body. Any form of pain which lasts for more than 6 months can be categorized as chronic pain. Chronic pain might be continuous or episodic, excruciating or mild, totally incapacitating or merely inconvenient.
Symptoms of Chronic Pain include:
1. Light to severe pain that keeps occurring from time to time and cannot be relieved easily.
2. Occurrence of pain that can be described as burning, shooting, aching or even, electrical.
3. Constant feelings of discomfort. This includes stiffness, tightness or soreness in the affected area.
Chronic pain usually does not occur alone and is often accompanied by other problems such as:
1. Lack of sleep
3. Weakened Immune System
5. Mood Swings that include depression, fear, hopelessness, anxiety, stress, irritability, etc.
Reasons behind it
There are a number of different factors that can cause chronic pain. Some of them are:
- Aging: Common conditions associated with normal aging can have an effect on joints and bones, giving rise to chronic pain.
- Incorrect treatment and improper healing: Bad diagnosis or incorrect medications or procedures may cause improper healing of injuries as well as damage to nerves leading to chronic pain.
- Underlying disorders or diseases: Diseases are also capable of causing chronic pain. Conditions like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia are some well-known diseases that cause chronic pain. However, persistent and chronic pain might occur due to sicknesses like multiple sclerosis, cancer, AIDS, stomach ulcers as well as gallbladder disease.
In most of the cases, the reasons behind chronic pain can be rather complex. Sometimes, even though the chronic pain begins with an illness or an injury, the ongoing pain is capable of developing into a psychological aspect even after the physical issues have been healed, thus making treatment tricky.
Chronic pain is usually managed using a combination of physical therapy, medications and exercises, which helps in reducing the pain. Examples of pain relieving medications include ibuprofen and aspirin. Day-to-day activities can be performed only if this pain is adequately controlled. Additional techniques include:
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA): The target of this technique to address the nerves that are responsible for sending pain signals to the brain. This is achieved by placing the heated tip of a needle in a region which is extremely close to the nerve. The heat renders the nerve incapable of sending the pain signal.
- Pain Shots: This is used to deliver medications to the exact site of the pain. Nerve blockers are also used to block signals from reaching the brain.
- Alternative approach: These include acupuncture, massages and yoga along with other treatments from alternative medicine.