Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. KarthikYour feedback matters!
I think I am addicted to a guy. He has become my habit. V didn't had sex anytime. Still not able to divert my thoughts. Can you help me with it, in any way.
Smoking, in general, has a negative effect on the human body. It can cause a host of disorders such as mouth cancer, blood pressure problems, and lung cancer. Smoking affects the sexual performance of both men and women.
Here are some effects that smoking has on sex :-
1. Impotence: Smoking can damage the blood vessels that lead to erectile dysfunction (a condition where the penis cannot sustain an erection).
2. Decrease in libido: Smoking can cause various physical problems such as stamina reduction and lack of desire for sex. An individual who smokes won't be able to give an optimal sexual performance and this can further lower satisfaction levels.
3. Erectile dysfunction: Smoking can cause problems related to the circulation of the blood in the body. It can narrow the arteries that supply blood and this is directly linked with erectile dysfunction.
4. Tissue damage: Smoking can damage the tissues inside the penis thus impairing your ability to have an erection during sexual intercourse.
5. Early onset of menopause: It can affect the estrogen (a sex hormone) levels in the female body; so, women who smoke tend to reach menopause early.
6. Reduction in penis size: It can reduce the penis size in men by damaging the blood vessels and the structure of the tissue around the penis. This is more common in younger men.
7. Reduction in stamina: Smoking can cause a reduction in the stamina, thus a person will not be able to perform well sexually. It can lead to fatigue and tiredness during sex.
Of course, there are a lot of therapies which can help you recover from the damage already happened because of smoking and prevent further damage.
I have always worried about my study. And that time my behavior goes ups and down. And I felt nobody care about me.
I am 72 years old. I have dementia .I forget to wear sun glasses, Hearing aid. Please advise me what to do. I have back pain. There was hernia repair operation on 18/5/2016. Still there is pain and swelling on right side the area between abdomen and thigh.
I am working as a central government employee (defence). L am diagnosed with bipolar disorder and placed in low medical category. Can I hold any government job after retirement? If anybody can tell me about those guidelines specially the psychiatrist.
Does extraction of teeth affects on brain? I I have problems in remembering text book stuffs? Please advice.
Hello doctor. My sister is feeling restless since 1 week. Unable to sleep. Unable to concentrate on work and even a small sound is disturbing her. She is 38 years old. Please tell me what could that be.
I am well good student I am studying very well but sometimes I am getting very depression and getting nervous I can't read properly please suggest me.
I feel like somebody killing me sometimes. Always cry if I just listen to songs. Do I have a neurological problem.
From the last 1 month onwards I'm feeling stressed and I can't able to sleep peacefully what I want to do? please give me suggestion thnq.
Hello sir i'm in the feel of depression, lost about my career in wrong path. I'm 23 years old and always think about the feature but it doesn't working out as planned. I have done civil engineering and done job for 1 year and decided to achieve govt job so went for coaching for 6 months but due late in notifications now i'm lost all my hopes on govt job so decided to go for usa for further education and mentally i'm in mood to go, but the now notification is released. Now i'm really feeling depressed about the wrong decisions taken in carrier and really feeling lost about my plans. My mood will be always unbalanced and felt in the trap of confusions, and i'm also suffering with loneliness because of no suitable persons or friends helped me out I can't take decisions on my own. All because of uncertainity i'm in depression, lost and loneliness having a feel to commit suicide also.
I am suffering from mental stress it reflects in my personal life. Is it any disorder. Age 24. Working in software field.
Respect sir. my age is 27 facing a problem that I am forgetting like that I put my bag in locker late hours then I remember that I have put some thing in locker please give me some suggestion and also I am taking smoking bad habitat please sir say me what I do.
Now-a-days I walk around 2-3km everyday during day. It has been from 2 months now and I have started feeling weakness in me and I get tired very early and I get angry at very small things also.
I am 23 years male. My hairs are getting thin mostly from the front of my head also they don't grow after some length. My diet is very good still I am having hair thinning problem and my stress level is also low.
Anger is among the gamut of emotions we exhibit as a reaction to a situation, and it is a 'normal' emotion too as long as it is kept under control. Some people have the propensity to explode when pushed to the extreme. They keep swallowing their emotions until they can finally do it no more, and erupt like a volcano. Others dealing with extreme anger are like a ticking time bomb. You'll never know what you unwittingly say or do can trigger an explosion. In either case, anger that cannot be controlled comes with a physical reaction.
Your heart beats faster preparing you for both action and reaction. Your breathing quickens. You may clench your fist, tighten your shoulders and go into a defensive position. The problem arises out of the fact that it is almost impossible to feel anger and empathy at the same time. An angry person is seldom sensitive to the well being of his victim, and hence may lash out verbally and sometimes physically. Such things done in the heat of the moment mostly leaves us with regrets. So here are a few ways to deal with extreme anger.
- Acknowledge it: The first step in solving a problem is recognizing that you have one. The fundamental problem here is that people believe they are on the right track and refuse to budge from their views. It is essential to realize that this step is not about deciding whether you are right or wrong, but acknowledging the fact that your reaction to the situation can be channeled in a better way. When getting someone to acknowledge their anger problem, be careful as to not use negative words like wrong, false and shouldn't. Instead, influence with positive words like can and should. Instead of saying 'You are wrong to react like this', you can say, 'I understand what you are feeling. Is there a way we can resolve this situation?'
- Recognize the signs: Once you know that your problems exist, you can try devising ways that will work for you in dealing with the situation. You can count to 10 to calm yourself or simply decide to not speak until you can calm yourself. Knowing that you may enter into an argument in a situation, you can list down the points that you feel strongly about and discuss each of them one by one. Working your way through a finite list gives a better opportunity to reach closure at the end.
- Find ways to let it go: Not all arguments end in closure. A lot of unsaid justifications cloud our mind repeatedly leaving us seething from the inside. Research has shown that the neurological anger response lasts less than two seconds. Beyond that it takes a strong will to stay angry. Once you realize how much your anger is consuming your mind, decide to free your mind with meditation and other calming exercises. Tell yourself that some people and issues simply don't deserve your anger, emotion, reaction or time.