Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Karthik
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. KarthikYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am 23 years old male .I am suffering from anxiety and dysthymia for past 4 years, my mental capabilities have declined ,I took antidepressants for that ,but my mental function and foggy condition doesn't improve. I am facing academic difficulties and low performance in exams ,I am not able to concentrate in books and remember them. Is there any medication that can improve my cognitive functions or not. Because I want to score good marks and study hard but I am not able to do so. I have visited psychiatrists time and again but it doesn't help. I have tried antidepressant combinations also but it doesn't help. I was put on nortriptyline 25 mg bd .But I experienced tachycardia, rise in blood pressure with that so I began fearing that I might develop hypertension in younger age .So I didn't rely myself on nortriptyline. I only took half the dose 25 mg od due to fear of developing hypertension. Now I am on paroxetine 12.5 mg od. Would you please help me what to do Thanks Hitesh.
I am suffering from social anxiety. And not being able to enjoy my life. Have even tried things like visualisation. But they help only for short term. I feel so depressed about it. I fear it is going to severely affect my career as I am a CA student. N I have to face the corporate world. God only knows how I am going to tackle. Is there any solution? Pls help me out.
I am in a relationship with someone for last 4 yrs, I am so attached that I can not think of living without her, now I am facing the break up, I think I will become mad, any way to get out of the attachment.
I was suffering from mild depression, doctor suggested me, respin 1 & tretin 20, I took the medicine for last 4 yrs, later I stopped the medicine suddenly, but now my body power is getting low, I could not raise my hand properly I feel like a pain, feel very lazy, have a muscular pain, I don't know what exactly happened to me, these r the side effect or what?
My college is starting from tomm n I feeling so nervous n tensioned mainly in morning CLG bus first day I don't know BT this thing is making me feel so sick as wen I tensed I merely get low bp.
A large number of people in the world suffer or has suffered from speech disorders like stuttering or stammering at some point in their lives. Stuttering or stammering is the involuntary disruption or interruption in speech where certain sounds are prolonged or words are repeated. Speech disorder can cause a lot of problems in terms of personality build up and causes anxiety in people. Every activity of the body is dealt or controlled by the nervous system and the brain. Thus the proper functioning of the body is the sole responsibility of the brain and any glitch can affect the functions to a certain extent.
What are the symptoms of speech disorders?
- Words are repeated
- Prolongation of words or silent blocks
- Hesitation while speaking
- Difficulty while starting a word or a phrase
What causes speech disorders?
- Genetic problems
- Stress, Shame and Anxiety
- Embarrassment and nervousness
- Loss of control while speaking
Ayurvedic remedies to overcome speech disorders:
- Brahmi Oil: It is a stimulant that is known to calm your mind and boost the function of the brain. Take 10 ml of the oil and warm it. Cool it down to a suitable temperature and apply to your head when it is lukewarm, half an hour before going for a shower. You can also apply it before going to bed and shampoo the morning after. This is more effective.
- Black pepper, almond and sugar candy: Take black pepper, and make a paste out of it. To the paste, add 7 ground almonds and mix it with sugar candy. Consume this paste every day for at least a month.
- Amla: It is an effective remedy, especially in children to stop stammering. Also known as Indian Gooseberry, it should be chewed on to slowly every day.
- Cow's Butter: Also called as ghee, it is responsible for brain development and is known to increase memory. Add this ingredient to your food. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!