Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KarthikYour feedback matters!
3 months old baby with fever since morning fever is slight not very high His 5 year old brother is recovering from viral fever. Probably he has contacted the same. Please suggest medicine.
My sister's baby got aborted at 5 month because of lethal cardiac anomaly. Baby had large vsd ,ventricular hypoplasia, pulmonary atresia, common trunk and overriding. She is fearing is it because of them (parents. Is their any factor in the parents that effects even the next baby? Will it affect in the future?
My son is 2 months 18 days old. He doesn't sleep whole night not even take small naps. He sleeps next day at 4 am. I have to join my job back. So how to change his routine. I feel so tired.
My daughter is 11 months old and diagnosed with partial lactose intolerance at 2.5 mths old, she was partially taking mother milk until 7 mths age, she is now taking only zero lac milk powder. Her weight has been constant at 8 kg since past 2.months. what special care that should we do ? Any diet plan that she can recover on permanent basis ? I will be very gratefull.
For a mother, the first few months after delivery are crucial since the uterus after expanding due to delivery, shrinks back to its normal size. Moreover the tendons, ligaments and muscles connected to the uterus begin to regain the power and strength lost during labor. A lot of emphasis is put on postnatal care in Ayurveda.
Ayurveda suggested diet tips:
According to your digestive system, you must take Sesame oil i.e. Til oil and ghee i.e. clarified butter after mixing it with panchkola. Once this mixture has been digested, you must consume rice gruel and milk that is medicated with Vidharigandhadi gana or panchkola. Apart from these, you must consume jaggery water for about a week. After a week, you must eat foods that are easily digestible to help you regain your strength.
Do's and Don'ts:
1. Do massage yourself with Vatahara Oil
2. Do bathe with warm water
3. Do keep your perineum and breasts clean
4. Do urinate every 5 hours
5. Do Breastfeed properly
6. Don't consume food irregularly
7. Don't have stale or cold food
8. Don't retain urine or feces
9. Don't indulge in sex or exercise
Ayurvedic medicines and herbs:
All the medicines and herbs mentioned below are never advised together. An ayurvedic specialist will usually give you a combination of a few medicines depending on your symptoms and condition.
1. Dashamoolarishtam: Dashamoolarishtam is extremely effective in boosting your immunity and keeping infections at bay. It is usually prescribed for the first few months as it also helps reduce inflammation and pain.
2. Jeerakarishtam: Jeerakarishtam is well known for inducing normal lactation, and is usually prescribed to mothers during the monsoon or winter seasons. This is because it keeps the body warm owing to its hot nature.
3. Shatavari Gulam: Improve lactation and achieve overall hormonal balance by consuming Shatavari Gulam.
4. Pulileham: Pulileham is administered to new mothers from the third week onwards for about a month and half.
5. Shatavari: Shatavari herb is mixed with boiling milk to improve the production of breast milk and avoid post partum depression. It is also useful for normal involution of the uterus.
6. Musta: Apart from improving breast milk production, musta herbs also relieves clogs in milk ducts and inflammation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
My baby is breastfeeding. At the time of birth he was only 3.3 kg. After passing 45 days, he is now 4.0 kg. After getting two different lab reports of his stool there is no occult blood seen and thus doctor said there is no blood in his stool. But we see there is some little drops of blood in his stool when he passes every time.
All children from time to time will cling, shout, throw, resist, complain, argue and do not listen to their parents or teachers. Though they are normal, they can be upsetting to everyone around. They become problematic when they increase in severity, intensity and duration that is typical for the age of the child.
Usually they starts at around 1.5 years age and stay till 4 years of age.
WHY DO THEY HAVE TEMPER TANTRUMS
1.They get angry if they do not get what they want.
2.They want to control their lives.
3.They have not learnt effective skills to get what they want.
4.They learned from parents who show temper outbursts.
HOW TO PREVENT TANTRUMS
1.Praise the child for his/her good behavior
Give extra attention whenever child behaves well. Give him a hug and praise him. For example - when a child has put his shoes in place, instead of ignoring it, acknowledge it and praise him saying “Wow, that’s like a good boy. You put your shoes in the correct place. Wonderful!”
2.Encourage the child to use words.
For example - If he wants something, tell him to use words like ‘i want food/ i want this toy’ instead of screaming.
3.Also see whether they are eating and sleeping well.
4.Identify triggers -
For example, Are they hungry or tired? sometimes even when the parent is busy, a child can throw temper tantrum to gain attention.
After a long day of work, instead of directly going to make dinner, the parent can go give the child a hug and spend some quality time.
5.Give signals before ending an activity
For example - say “You have 5 more minutes before I switch off the TV” instead of switching it off suddenly.
HOW TO HANDLE TEMPER TANTRUMS
1.Remain calm and do not argue with the child - Before managing your child’s behavior you must manage your behavior (sometimes children learn from parents who show anger outbursts and learn to shout and scream). Shouting at the child will worsen the child’s behavior.
2.Think before acting and count till 10 if you are frustrated - and then think about the source of child’s frustration.
3.Come down to the child’s eye level - and say ‘you are starting to become hyper, calm down’
4.Distract the child - by asking them to focus on something else. For example say “let’s read a book or let’s go for a walk”
5.Ignore the tantrum - if it is to draw your attention. After the child becomes calm, show him attention.
6.Hold the child who is out of control - and who can harm him/herself. Tell the child that you will let him or her go only when he or she calms down. Reassure the child that everything will be alright.
7.Hug your child who is crying - and say that you love them but the behavior should change. Reassurance and hugging will always be comforting to the child.
8.Talk to the child after the child has calmed down - Talk to the child about his or her frustration.
Try to teach the child how to interact with a friend or sibling or parent and ask for what he or she wants.
Tell them how to express his or her feelings with words and recognise the feelings of others also without hitting and shouting.
Tell them the better ways to get things that they want.
Tell them that we all have anger within and also tell them how to appropriately express it.
9.Never give in to a tantrum - If you give in once the child will get used to it and his tantrums will increase more.
10.Do not let the tantrum interfere with your relationship - with your child.
Consult a professional if the tantrums are increasing even after 3.5 years of age or if there is self injurious behavior, depression, injuring others, low self esteem etc.
Actually when I earlier consulted a doctor he said that my son is very weak as according to his friends he doesn't look like a 6th class boy and moreover if he had played only an hour then he would have a lot of pain in his legs and hence he had a much problem of acidity.
I have a problem in chest allergy. There is some noise in cold like as a vessel. I take many allopathy medicine. Now take medicine from arogeoum centre. Please advise.
My 7th month baby is wheezing, no cough no cold, no fever, she got cold around 5 days back, nos only wheezing, kindly help.
My six year old daughter occasionally suffers from cold and cough. I want to give her something to boost her immunity. Kindly please give me direction as of which homeopathy medicine should I give her and will it be for lifelong?
I have 1.5 year child he has daily problem for cough what I do for his medicine & any req. To change his diet.
Sir/madam My daughter doesn't consume milk from breast Even she doesn't hv any cough and cold. If we put breast milk in a bottle then she can have easily. please suggest me what should I do for her. Or suggest me any substitute instead of breast milk Thank you.
My son is entering middle school in the fall. What advice can I give him if he finds himself on the receiving end of cyberbullying?
My baby recovered from sepsis on 3rd days of born due to bacterial infection by vancomycin .he is now 1.5 month & is o.k.,received pcv13 & one doctor says not to take PENTA1 vaccine. Only to take hexaxim. But doctor who treated him earlier says yes. Now I am confused. Please suggest me which one is to take?
Asthma is a respiratory disorder, which is characterized by the narrowing down and inflammation of the inner lining of the airways of the lung, resulting in excessive secretion of mucous. The airways are responsible for the passage of air from and to the lungs. Asthma can affect any person of any age group; however, the symptoms of the condition can vary. The symptoms of asthma include severe pain in the chest, coughing and problems in breathing, interruption in sleep due to breathing problems and a croaking sound during exhalation. Asthma, in most cases, tends to be chronic and can exist throughout your life with eventual changes in the nature of attack.
The most common causes of asthma are:
- Common cold and allergies from dust particles, smoke and minute insects might be catalysts for asthma.
- Suffering from severe anxiety might also cause asthma.
- Asthma might occur as a result of physical exercise and as a side effect of some medications such as ibuprofen and aspirin.
As of now, asthma is incurable. But medications can control the symptoms. Homeopathic preparations can also be useful for the treatment of asthma. Some common homeopathic remedies are as follows:
1. Arsenic album: If the symptoms include severe episodes of stress and nervousness, immense thirst but the inability to drink much water, severe attacks at night and intense pain in the upper right portion of the chest, Arsenic Album might be very useful to cure the problem.
2. Nux Vomica: If the attack is primarily caused because of gastric disorders or sudden outbursts of anger along with symptoms of dry cough, headaches and stomach aches, Nux Vomica might be used as a remedial medicine.
3. Carbo Veg: Carbo veg can be recommended if the symptoms include a pale face at the time of attack along with cold feet and hands and an itchy sensation in the larynx.
4. Kali bichromicum and Moschus: If the attacks become worse in the morning accompanied by yellow mucus discharge, the above mentioned homeopathic preparations are recommended. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
Here are symptoms, reasons and management of ADD and ADHD.