Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. KarthikYour feedback matters!
I am a male 31 years old. I am having backache for the last 8 years. When I did X-Ray of my backbone/spinal cord, Doctor told me that there is less gap in between the bones. So it will be there for life time. Kindly advice me ways to recover from Lower Back Pain which is hampering my daily life.
I want a advice from neurosurgeon. My dad has too much pain in sitting and walking, unbearable pain, everything he do on bed only. Mri report says that Destructive lesion with narrow Edema and erosion of adjacent end plates of L5-S1 vertebral bodies with intervening discitis and pre and para vertebral intraspinal, anterior epidural abscess resulting compression thecal sac and existing nerve roots. What to do for this problem, line of treatment and advice.
My friend who is 21 usually suffer from back pain and it gets worse sometimes. Please suggest something for him and also what should he avoid to take in order to get rid of the pain
Hello sir, My mom when she was 35 years fell of from the cot and was unconscious for a minute, later everything was fine but after a few months her back started paining, to which we consulted all types of treatments like allopathy, homeopathy, massages and finally poojas, bajans (got cheated). It's been 5 yrs since she fell and pain as started increasing day by day and she's not even able to do household works. Due to frustration she's starts screaming, blaming, scolding everyone and there's no peace in home. Sir, please if anyone helps out in finding solution I would be really really glad to you sir. Thank you.
I am 20 years old and I am suffering from low back pain from last five months I used lots of medicines but the pain still continues. What shall I do now?
Hi sir good evening having back pain I think its because sitting continuously in front of the system as am working as system engineer.
I am 31 year old I have back pain in 20 days and my leg also pain in 20 days please you will suggest me why this problem for me in 20 days I am a working women.
I am a 37 years woman and am well overweight. I weigh 80 kg . I have hypothyroid and have everything else associated with it. I am quite used to all of that. My concern at the moment is to bring down my weight since I have constant pain in my legs . Especially my calves .Also the pain is particularly in the back of the knee area. I can feel tightness in the leg muscles. Who should I consult and how can I get rid of the weight and the pain in my legs.
Hi I am suffering from knee problem I am getting very pain why I should getting pain on knee what is the problem I do not understand could you explain me about that why?
I have pain in my legs. Its when I wake up early in the morning. What should I do? How can I reduce this pain. Can you tell me home remedy?
The longest nerve in the body is the sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve starts from the lower part of the spine, through your hip to the back of the leg. So when it is said sciatica, we refer to pain in this nerve. Since the nerve covers the spine, hip and leg, sciatic pain is felt in the areas through which it passes. The lower leg muscles and sensation in the legs, thighs and feet are controlled by this nerve.
Symptoms usually include:
- Pain that radiates from the lower back to the hip and to the leg
- Sharp, tingling, dull, constant or burning pain
- Loss of bladder or bowel control
- Sneezing or coughing increases pain
- Moving the leg gets difficult so usual activities like walking, sitting and standing become painful
Homeopathic remedies are easy and gentle on the body. Homeopathy aims to boost the body's immune system so it can fight all its weaknesses. The following remedies may prove to be useful:
- Ammonium Muriaticum: It is taken for chronic pain in the heel or for chronic backache or when straightening the knee gets difficult as hamstrings contract. It is also taken for limping.
- Bellis Perennis: In periosteum injuries, stiffness and deep aches in the spine Bellis Perennis is used. It is also used for tailbone injuries. It is also helpful for nerve pains during pregnancy.
- Calcarea Fluorica: If the vertebra degenerates after trauma to the spine, then Calcarea Fluorica can be useful.
- Cicuta: The worst back injuries with serious trauma and muscles spasms are treated with Cicuta.
- Hypericum: Hypericum is suggested for tailbone injuries, temporary paralysis, spinal concussions and for sharp pain that tingles and moves upwards.
- Rhus Tox: If after lifting weights, overexerting muscles and exposure to anything wet, you feel tearing and burning pain, then Rhus tox is beneficial. Cramps that get better after heat application, but get worse after exposed to the cold are also treated with Rhus tox.
- Ruta: Stiffness and pain from back injuries, twisting the wrong way and bruises are prescribed with Ruta. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.