Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. KarthikYour feedback matters!
I am 19 year old and I feel pain in arm and leg joint. I visit many doctors but it did not work. Can you suggest me something.
I have symptoms of allergic rhinitis for past three years. I have recently consulted my family physician and given pills for associated hay fever/cold/cough/head ache/antibiotics for 5 days. Except cold and cough, fever and headache has come down. And also feeling fatigue, eye irritation. Family physician also suggested to undergo tests like TC/DC and 2 more.
Sir/madam i am 27 years old suffering from reactive arthritis from 6 months. I did my blood test as per advised by doctor all tests are normal except HLAB27. I have pain and swelling in my left ankle and right knee. Right knee joint margin also effected. Is this arthritis curable or not. I m taking medicine regularly. Tab. Is saaz 500mg b.D. Please give me answer ?
Sir my knee is touching when I stand up and stay at same position. Which exercise I do make distance between my knee. Please tell.
I am 28 years old male. I am having deep vein thrombosis with arthritis. I get genital ulcers with swelling of legs and dark sessions over legs even small pustules with puss. Is it curable and I got diabetic recently with no family history of diabetes, is it due to the use of wysolone?
I am suffering right hand shoulder pain for 3 months I take medicine but I am not cure the shoulder pain heavily please help me.
I am suffering with knee pain. When I fold it for two minutes and stretch it I am feeling sever pain after walking like that for few steps it gets normal. Please give some suggestions to get rid of the pain.
My legs are painful anytime if I am running, sitting, walking please suggest me for gaining good health to my legs.
Sir I want to know about the back pain. Why it happens? how I can get free from this pain? Please advise.
He is reading daily 16 hours and he is suffering from knees pain. How can he over come this problem? Will you please suggest for over come this knee pain problem?
I am 25 years old and have pain in bones (knees, Please let me know how do I strengthen my bones. And want to loose weight also, this pain has made me a bit lazy and I need to get things alright. Need your advise.
4 days back I developed pain in shoulder (torso). Here is details of my condition 12th April 2016: Shoulder pain started at 3pm. At 7pm I checked fever it was 99.1 which continued till morning of 13th April. 13th April 2016: Shoulder pain continued through day. Fever at 9am was 99.3. Took medicine crocin (paracetamol) at 9am. Fever dropped after an hour. Developed two boils (transparent in colour) one on left side of shoulder and other one on left side of wrist. At 8pm fever was back and was 102. Took medicine Crocin (Paracetamol) at 9: 30pm, Took levo Cetirizine 5mg at 10pm, took Ranitidine 150mg at 10: 30pm, took Fever dropped within couple of hours had no fever till 4pm of 14th April 2016.14th April 2016: Shoulder pain continued through day. Fever at 4pm was 100. Took medicine crocin (paracetamol) at 4pm. Fever dropped after an hour. Developed lot of boils all over body (above thigh) (transparent in colour). Developed sore throat in the afternoon. Had 100 fever and backpain throughout night. Had pain in eyes. 15th April 2016: Shoulder pain, pain in eyes and backpain continues in the morning as I am writing this mail. Body temperature (fever) is normal. Have taken no medicine since 4pm of 14th April.
I am a 3 months pregnant woman, I am suffering with stomach, legs paining, when I consult the doctor she told due to weakness your getting this problem, she gave me medicine. I am using those rather than this If any suggestions you will give it's helpful to me And tell me anything y my legs are paining.
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a painful disorder of the hand caused by pressure on your median nerve as it runs through the carpal tunnel of the wrist. Symptoms include numbness, pins and needles, and pain (particularly at night). Anything that causes swelling inside the wrist can cause carpal tunnel syndrome, including repetitive hand movements, pregnancy and arthritis.
Cause of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome symptoms begin when the pressure inside the tunnel becomes too high. This results in your median nerve becoming compressed as it passes through the small tunnel.
The carpal tunnel pressure increase occurs when either of two things happens:
- The tunnel space decreases, such as when the wrist swells eg after a traumatic injury, partial subluxation of the carpal bones or fracture or tenosynovitis.
- When the contents of the tunnel (median nerve, blood vessels and tendons) enlarge.
- Both of these situations increase the pressure on the nerve, leading to the carpal tunnel symptoms.
Symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) sufferers will usually experience the following symptoms in their hand or fingers:
- hand pain or aching
- pins and needles
- numbness esp at night of with wrist flexing
- weakness or cramping
- perceived swelling
The symptoms are usually worse at night and your grip will weaken as the condition progresses. Eventually you will notice muscle atrophy of the thenar (thumb) muscles and loss of hand function or clumsiness. If this sounds like you, suspect carpal tunnel syndrome.
Physical Therapy Treatment
- Gliding Exercises: Moving your fingers in a specified pattern of exercises may help your tendons and nerves glide more smoothly through your carpal tunnel. While there’s some evidence that gliding exercises can help relieve symptoms when used alone, these exercises appear to work better in combination with other treatments -such as splinting.
- Graston Technique/Manual Therapy: The Graston Technique incorporates a patented form of instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization that enables clinicians to effectively detect and treat scar tissue and restrictions that effect normal function. Manual therapy techniques such as myofascial release or Active Release Technique are hands-on techniques that release tight tendons and musculature.
- Ultrasound: Deep, pulsed ultrasound directed at the carpal tunnel can reduce pain and numbness, and improve hand strength. Continuous superficial ultrasound doesn’t help.
- Traction: Some people obtain relief from carpal tunnel symptoms by using a hand traction device, called C-Trac. You might try this device, which can be purchased for home use, if other conservative treatment options have failed.
- Splints: Splints (braces) are the most commonly used nonsurgical treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome. Splints that immobilize the wrist in a neutral (unbent) position are most likely to relieve discomfort. An unbent wrist maximizes the size of the carpal tunnel, which reduces pressure on the median nerve, relieving your symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.