Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Karthick
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. KarthickYour feedback matters!
Am 20 year girl and my weight is too low i. E, 36 what should I do to increase my weight. And also to increase my memory power.
Stress can have a bad impact on all aspects of your life and your love life stands as no exception to this. If you feel tensed and worried at all times, chances are that your sex drive is going to suffer. There have been studies conducted all across the planet that show excessive stress hikes the cortisol production in the body and this makes you less attractive to your opposite sex.
- Know what’s causing the stress: This is the primary step to relieve stress out of your life. Take the time out to contemplate this and make a list of the top 10 things that are causing unbearable stress and anxiety. Weed those that can be eliminated right away and the others should be reduced considerably.
- Stave off undesired commitments: It is natural to have commitments in life but it is also important to note that all of them are not worth it. Again make a list and think of the amount of stress contributed by all of them. By keeping things that don’t matter to you, you are actually compromising your love life. Take a brutal step to eliminate those that hurt you the most.
- Never procrastinate: You must have heard that before, but you have never paid heed to it. Did you know that allowing work to pile up increases the pressure and stress you out? So, do what can be done today, or rather at this moment.
- Exercise: This is the best thing you could do to release stress. By working out regularly, you gradually release the stress buildup and it offers you a time that’s exclusively meant for you when you can contemplate as well as relax on everything that pertains to you and your love life.
- Eat a regulated diet: This one is a good habit which offers multifarious advantages. Stack up fresh fruits and vegetables in your breaks instead of munching fried staff or greasy food. They are not just causing to increase your stress levels, but also making you look tired and worn out. Plus, unhealthy junk foods create a lot of skin problems which make you appear dull and unattractive for your partner.
Stress is how your body responds to the hurdles and challenges in your life and a life without any challenges is really next to impossible. So, these were the top 5 ways to fend off stress from your personal life.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
In India, crimes against women have been on the rise; they might have always happened at the same rate but today's media have become more attentive towards these crimes by bringing them to the forefront. Recently, the devastating news of an Assamese higher secondary student being raped and killed has surfaced. Her floating decomposed body was not discovered until 4th of May when the incident itself occurred on 28th of April. If a rape victim dies, it is the most unfortunate consequence that the parents and the loved ones have to live with but there are numerous victims who survive and they can lead a normal life with guidance and care. Any occurrence of sexual assault not only leaves scars on the outside but also have deeper psychological and emotional effects. The emotional scars can manifest in the form of post-traumatic disorder, depression and suicidal tendencies. If you know anyone who has undergone such an experience, then read on to find out how you can help her get back to her life.
- Medical Examination: Physical effects of rape can be adverse on the victim. Forced sexual assault causes bruising, wounds and vaginal bleeding and immediate medical attention is required to ensure safety. Subsequent medical tests should also be carried out to check for Urinary Tract infection, Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) and uterine fibroids.
- Therapy: Wounds of the flesh heal, but it takes a lot of time to recover from emotional damage and in some cases the survivors bear the burden of psychological scars all through their lives. They may see the incident as an assault to their souls and develop depression, post-traumatic disorder, borderline personality disorder, sleeping and eating disorder. The loved ones have to be understanding and be patient with them. One-on-one therapy or group therapy sessions can be very helpful. Talking about their emotions and resolving issues of anger, regret, pain, fear, guilt in a friendly, supported and understanding environment can help them reconstruct their self-image.
- Counseling: Guilt and shame are two most common stigmas that most survivors have to deal with. They somehow blame themselves for the incident and regret any step they think that might have led to the incident. They become so consumed by the incident that they think the experience defines them, instead of their persona which is called dissociative identity disorder. In such cases counseling sessions can prove to be very beneficial. They need guidance to understand the situation and separate themselves from the incident. The survivors may feel weak and victimized, overpowered and violated; they may also think that they have lost control of their bodies. Counseling can assist to resolve such issues and help them empower themselves with time.
It is important to make the survivors realize that it is not the end of their lives. With a positive attitude, proper rehabilitation and counseling rape survivors can lead a normal, happy life.