Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Karthick.J
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Karthick.JYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 12 years old she is suffering with cough since birth and her weight is 22 kg.Kindly advise?
My son got an episode of febrile seizure (30sec to 1 min duration) at 18 months. Later, the doctor advised for immediate fever medication and tepid sponging whenever he develops fever. Now, at 21 months, we took him to the hospital because of fever again (no seizure), doctor adviced to give him frisium also whenever he develops fever. Frisium 5m bad as divided doses. I want to know if there are any side effects for frisium and will it effect the extremely active nature of my son.(read online). Also, do febrile seizures cause any permanent problem and will he become more prone to epilepsy later in life? kindly help!
My baby is 20 month old and 11 kgs. He is teething and has stopped eating since 20 days. How many days does it takes for teething and loss of appetite. Also I want to know the dosage of zincovit syrup for my baby.
My son is 18 months old. When we keep him stand he walks along. He just started walking alone from 1 months but the problem is that from 19 th August we observed that he scared to walk alone and when we leave him for walking he scared and hold our hands tightly. With holding our hands he wakes everywhere, climbed up on window, staircase. So please advice what should be the problem?
My 8 month old daughter is having very less hair on her head compared to kids of that age. Her eyebrows and everything is normal. I have tried oil massage and all that and have shaved her head twice also but still the hair is very less. Should I consult a skin specialist or would you suggest any medicine. We are getting worried thus request your advice and suggestion.
Eating breakfast, even if it's just a banana and a glass of milk, kick-starts the body and makes it easier to maintain lasting energy throughout the day.
If you can get your kids to establish the habit of eating a good breakfast at a young age, it should stay with them as they get older.
My 17 months old baby girl is not able to speak clearly. She responds when we call her but her voice is not clear. She speaks loudly but unclear. Please help.
Hello, My daughter is 4.7 year old have constipation, n chemist suggested me to give castor oil with milk n give it to her to relieve with constipation. I am giving it to her for last one week n got good results. Bt I want to know that this oil is safe for her or not. please let me know.
Anxiety is a common issue with growing teenagers. It is not the typical anxiety before exams or academic projects. It is more than that. Anxiety may be the result of the hormonal changes, which predominantly affect the adolescent years of growth. While your body copes with different changes, your mind tangles between the future liberty and present restrictions. Knowing certain facts about this anxiety trail can help you to cope with it.
1. Anxiety is not always a disease: Anxiety is not always a disease. It is a normal phenomenon among adolescent teenagers. However, in certain cases it may be severe for some teenagers. They may feel crippled with anxiety. Under such cases, one would require psychiatric help.
2. Talk to someone: A great way to relieve yourself from stress due to anxiety is to speak with someone. It can be a friend or someone close to share your thoughts. If you know the reason of your anxiety, share it, discuss it. You will definitely feel better.
3. Take a break: Entertainment and break from academic work and schedule is necessary for teenagers to lower anxiety traits. However, if the anxiety is due to peers, you may even take a break from them and engage in family.
4. Cry out loud: It is not a silly thing to cry when you are stressed under anxiety. Crying is an emotional outburst which essentially relieves the stress due to anxiety and lets you control the emotional disturbed state of mind.
5. Good sleep: Sleep is necessary for both mental and physical rest. You need to overcome from the fatigue of routine works, stressful events, peer factor, etc. Catching the essential 8 hour sleep is a great way to overcome anxiety issues.
6. Don’t be conscious: Anxiety is a common factor among all your peers. You are not the only one coping with anxiety stress. So, take it light. Relax and don’t be conscious about your anxiety problems. Consider them to be temporary.
7. Be confident: Losing confidence under the stress due to anxiety can be even more disastrous. The effects will never be better. So be confident about whatever you do, whether right or wrong. Every person learns from his own activities. Whether right or wrong, everything will give you a lesson. So you will never be a loser, you will win a lesson.
8. Don’t feel stupid: Being stressed with anxiety is not abnormal or stupid. Everything is okay with you, and you are not the stupid fellow out there.
9. You are not weak: Anxiety is not a sign of weakness. You can rather make it your strength. Fight it back and keep your energy and enthusiasm high.
10. Anxiety is temporary: As you move ahead of the adolescent period, anxiety will faint. You will be more confident and matured, able to tackle anxiety. So consider it to be an affair of a few years. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.