Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KarpadamYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from mouth ulcers from 15 days. May I know reàsons for mouth ulcers and how to cure permanently from this problem. Please advise.
Diagnose root cause of your pain at an early stage because improperly diagnose & treated pain can create lot of problems in future.
Hello Sir. Mere Teeth main se Kabhi Kabhi Blood Nikalta hai. , Please uske Liye mujhe Koi Treatment Batayen jisse meri ye Problem Solve ho sake ,
Having bad breath, especially early morning very bad smell, after brush using listerine. Still having bad breath problem.
Sir, I have done a composite filling in my tooth but after 8 months there is alot of pain either I eat hot or cold eatables. Degree of pain such that even when I suck air. And it goes on to the tooth pain happen.
I am suffering from mouth ulcers every month its really very painful not able to eat food please help me out.
Tongue and Ceiling of my mouth always feels dry like cotton from past nearly one year. I smoke two cigarettes daily not more than that. Few days back one of my dentist friend observed that this is smoker's palate but I am not convinced as I am not a chain smoker. Please suggest what should be done to treat this problem. I never feel comfortable.
What are removable overdentures? When and why these are used? What are the uses and demerits of overdentures?
I have very yellow teeth and I want to get them cleaned. Can you please suggest any home remedy to get my teeth white back again.
I am 55 year old have a problem regarding my teeth \mouth having some smell and teeth pain gum pain.
I am getting cavity (teeth black hole or sadaan) in my teeth. I don't want to get root canal. I think it will take much time to get cured. What should I do it is getting much pain in it which unbearable today please help?
sometimes too much saliva secrets in my mouth and I have to spit at in every second minute and it really annoys me what can I possibly do to stop this over secretion of saliva in mouth.
I am 63 years. I have 8 extra teeth behind or in front of the original teeth, disorganized so far no tooth pain or no other problems so not thought of removal. Thinking of potential issues as aging increases. What would you advise.
Children are much more susceptible to tooth decay and gum disorders than grown-ups. This is because the gum and teeth in toddlers are very delicate. Moreover, children are more attracted to sweets and other food items, which cause damage to the teeth.
Here are several ways to protect the teeth of your little one:
- Have a dental checkup: You should take your child to a dentist on his first birthday. Early prevention is important as any kind of problem in the teeth will be detected and this will save you from a lot of trouble in the future.
- Teaching healthy habits: Brushing is very important and you should teach your child to brush regularly, more than once a day. Before the development of teeth in your baby, you should brush his gums gently by using water on a soft baby toothbrush or with a clean and soft cloth. After developing teeth, brushing must be practiced with delicate toothbrushes and fluoridated toothpaste. If several teeth touch against each other, you should use flossing. Brushing is essential before going to bed, and no food should be taken after brushing.
- Prevent "baby bottle decay": You should not let your child go to sleep with a bottle of juice or milk. The sugar contained in these liquids sticks to the child's teeth, which activates bacteria and may lead to tooth decay.
- Avoid giving juice to your child: Juice may be healthy for the body, but it leads to tooth decay in little kids. The amount of regular juice intake should never be above four ounces.
- Avoid excess use of a sippy cup: Sippy cups enable children to shift from bottles to a glass. However, all day long usage of sippy cups should be restricted as it may cause decay on the front and back portions of teeth, when the drinks are rich in sugar.
- Be careful about sweet medicines: Many medicines meant for children are sugary and stick to the teeth, increasing the chance of cavities. Several antibiotics cause overgrowth of Candida or yeast and cause an oral disease known as oral thrush. This disease causes creamy patches on the tongue. In case your child needs sweet medicines, brushing should be increased.
- Stop using a pacifier by the age of 2 or 3: Pacifiers are good for children, but using pacifiers for a long period of time affects the lining of teeth. The shape of the mouth may also change. Hence, do not let your child use pacifiers after 2 or 3 years of age.
Children are quite prone to teeth disorders and decay in the teeth. Hence, measures must be taken to protect the teeth of children from any kind of disorder.