Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. KanthamaniYour feedback matters!
Some days my eyes got red and I feel that air surrounding me striking my eyes and its very pain full but as I close my eyes I feel more comfortable what is the reason for that. I don't do any type of intoxication.
My eyes drain out a lot of water, whenever I laugh or I talk or I stare anything and every time I feel that my power is changing continuously every 15 day's. Can you please suggest me with my problem?
I am a male 30 years of age. My eye lids are very dark and appear to have high a melanin concentration. I use spectacles for the last 10-13 years. I take a normal diet.Please suggest
Sir I have the problem of weak eye sight and my eye sight is getting weak now also so what to do for that Tell me diet for that.
My 12 year old son have a frequent problem of dry eyes for last few years . Whenever climate changes he had this problem of abnormal blinking of eyes. After consulting eye specialist we give him eye drops for few weeks and he recovers. Another climate change again make his eyes dry. I want to know reason behind this and how long it will continue ?
I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? I have an eye power but not not using specs or anything. May be is this the reason for headache?
I am facing a severe problem with head ache. I am nt able to think even. I have an eye sight of 1. Please suggest me a solution for this.
Problems in vision are a common occurrence these days; various factors such as spending a lot of time looking at smartphones and computers are a major cause of these problems. There are various natural remedies which can help you improve your eyesight, they are:
- Wash, especially after coming back from outside, your eyes regularly: Washing your eyes regularly with water helps in clearing out debris from the eyes and relaxing the eye muscles.
- Eat Healthy: Eating a healthy diet that has lots of fruits and vegetables are good for the eyes as they contain important nutrients such as vitamin A. You should include foods such as carrots, fish oil, cabbage and eggs in your diet.
- Carrots: Carrots are a good source of phosphorus, calcium, vitamin A and iron which are very good for your eyesight. You may consume carrot in the form of juices or salads.
- Almonds and other nuts:Nuts such as almonds and walnuts are rich in antioxidants which are beneficial for the eyes.
- Walk barefoot: Walking barefoot on green grass is therapeutic for your eyes as it enhances your eye power. It is recommended you walk early in the morning to get maximum benefits.
- Eye exercises: You should do various eye exercise to improve your eyesight as these exercises help in rejuvenating muscles of the eye. The muscles in the eye are strengthened which leads to better vision.
- Triphala remedy: This is a treatment that combines three herbal fruits which treat various eye disorders, eye weaknesses and hair problems. Triphala helps in eliminating toxins from your body and make your eyes healthy.
- Reduce screen time: Avoid extra working hours on computers and mobiles as far as possible. Especially playing video games. This can save you from computer vision syndrome.
- Avoid frequent rubbing of eyes: This habit can lead to frequent infections and shedding of eyelashes . Also, this is one of the causes of dark circles.
- Proper sleep: Importance of proper rest to the eyes cannot be denied and is equally important in general wellbeing.
Lastly, if anything is bothering your eyes seek help immediately before the problem increases.