Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. KanthamaniYour feedback matters!
I have red eyes since a month. I am operating a computer so it always shows red eye so I request you why it becomes always red? I request you to give me proper solutions of it Thanks in advance.
I want to get rid of my spectacles. I'm 18 at the moment so can I get the operation done at this stage?
I am suffering from headache and eyes pain from last 10 days. I am not able to work. I cannot sleep. And one more thing I am not able to sleep every day.
Left eye red and painful in Aug 2016. Diagnosed nodular scleritis. Given wysalone tabs, 60mg a day, reducing 10 mg a week for 28 days and navnec drops 3 times a day. Redness subsided but after 3 weeks, again symptoms appeared. Was given pred forte drops 4 times a day, reducing 1 drop a week for 28 day's. This treatment will end in 10 days. If i get the symptoms again, should i continue pred forte? Please help as I am out of town and can't meet my doctor.
I am forced to perform night duties my eyes are got irritating every day, approached many doctors they prescribing eye drops but no permanent remedy how can I escape from this issue please suggest me.
Can rubbing your eyes or pressing on the front, top, bottom, or sides cause permanent vision problems? Please guide me for the same.
I woke up in the the morning and see in mirror that a small swelling over upper eyelid which is slightly painful. What should I do?
Suggest me medicine or exercises to cure my refractive error of - 1.25 d at few weeks because my medical at march and want to clear it.
I am 38 years old. No BP & sugar. I got twice retina blood clot which went away on its own. Reasons for this told by retina specialists is putting pressure on passing stools since I have unique and not easily treatable constipation prob dessenergic defecation. Please help me out.
Hi doctor, how to reduce eye stress? I work on for 7 hours in a day. Please suggest some foods also that can be helpful for eyesight. Thanks
I am 17 years old. My eye sight is 5 minus. I want to get rid of my spectacles. What is the best way?
Hello I am a 18 year old boy n I wear glasses due to myopia . My eyes are becoming shorter Plzz tell me the reason and a solution. Left eye is becoming more short than right.
Did you know that your vision is responsible for around 80% of you sensory input? your eyes are among the most delicate organs in your body. Long work hours in front of the computer and long study hours results in tired and sometimes irritating eye conditions. But help isn't too far. Before you head to the doctor, you can head to your kitchen to look for solutions. There are several home remedies that you can try to not only improve your eyesight but also get rid of glasses and rebuild your vision! here's how you can do it:
1. Exercise: Just like any other body part, your eyes need exercise too. Blinking your eyes rapidly for 5 seconds helps moisturize it. Similarly, cupping your eyes with you palms for 4-5 minutes triggers acupuncture points that helps the eye to relax. There are specific exercises to reduce eye strain, improve blurred vision and enhance reading. Do these as per the specific problem you are facing.
2. Take a break: Follow the 10-10-10 rule when you are on the computer for extended hours. For every half hour of work, take a 10 min break to look at something n a distance at least 10 feet away for 10 seconds. These becomes tricky if you are studying or working in a fast paced environment and easily forget to take breaks. Set alarms that help you know the time so that you can actively plan your breaks. To enhance break time, try to look at greenery during your 10 sec break which helps the eyes relax better. Splash your eyes with cold water to give them a fresh feel.
3. Yoga: Yoga and meditation relaxes your body and mind. It is also a great way to relax your eyes as you get to close them and give them rest. When you close your eyes, you shut out a big chunk of sensory inputs helping your body go from an active reaction mode to a passive action mode.
4. Eat for your eyes: Make sure you add your weekly quota of vision enhancing food in you diet. Carrots which are rich in beta-carotene and vitamin a are great for the eyes. Similarly grapes and blueberries work great to improve your night vision. Green leafy veggies, garlic, shallots, eggs and onion all contribute in keeping your eyes healthy and strong. Cold water fish rich in DHA is an another great food that helps reduce dry eyes and muscular degeneration.
5. Change your lifestyle: Other than exercise and proper nutrients, you need to ensure you get a shut eye for six to eight hours every day to let your eyes fully rest and rejuvenate. As always drink 6 - 8 glasses of water. And don't forget to get regular eye check ups especially if you are a diabetic or have other health conditions that adversely affect your eyes.