Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Kanniraj MarimuthuYour feedback matters!
I am a 20 year old male and I have a problem of flat feet. I am a bit overweight and have just begun working out to loose body fat. I feel pain in my feet and lower leg whenever I go for a run. Please give me a solution to this problem.
I have cracked heels and a lot of pain in my foot and applied many foot care creams but the crack are still there. The skin has become so dry and hard now even the pumice stone is not working.
I got chikungunya before 3 month but still date suffering from joint pain and swelling in my right hand fingers. I can't do regular home work from my right hand.
Hello sir I am nani chinnahiudavarapu from warangal working as software developer so daily eight hours I am had to sitting chair past 7 months so im suffering with back pain I used many tablets it can't work please help me.
My mothers having osteoarthritis. Uric acid is raised and creatinine too. She has swelling in legs. What to do? Please help me.
Lack of proper mobility due to stiffness and significant pain can be due to a number of bone and joint problems. Osteoarthritis, arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, as well as injuries, trauma and inflammation of the knees are only some of the reasons why a patient may be experiencing joint pain. Apart from rest and medication, various surgical procedures may be considered as an option for particularly severe cases. Partial knee replacement surgery is one such option. So, here are the five questions that you must ask an orthopaedic specialist about partial knee replacement surgery.
- What is partial knee replacement surgery: This kind of surgery usually seeks only to replace the damaged part of the knee where the movements of the patient get restricted to a great degree. With the help of this surgery, the orthopaedic surgeon can replace the medial or inner part of the knee; or the lateral or outer part of the knee. When the surgeon conducts a surgery to replace the entire knee, this is called knee replacement.
- How to prepare for the procedure: The doctor will advise you to stay away from any medication and dietary supplements that may hinder the work of the anaesthesia that will be administered before the surgery. Before the surgery, the orthopaedic specialist will understand your medical history.
- What is the procedure: The surgical procedure for partial knee replacement surgery usually involves keeping the knee in a bent position so that all the joint surfaces are well exposed. The surgeon will start by making an incision that is about six to ten inches in length, before removing the knee cap in order to remove the joint surfaces that have faced damage. Once this has been done, the surgeon will attach artificial joint pieces and close the knee. Then, the doctor will bend and rotate to test for balance and proper functioning of the knee. This procedure usually takes close to two hours.
- How long does recovery take: The recovery process usually takes about three to four weeks following the surgery.
- What to do after the surgery: Pain medication will help the patient in coping with the initial discomfort and after effects of the surgery. Right after the surgery, the patient will be shown exercises before he or she is put onto a graduated walking program where walking indoors and then outdoors will be practiced. The patient will be required to take on physiotherapy for four to six months following this procedure so as to recover in a better manner and have a better functioning knee.
Get a complete check-up done in case you are facing persistent knee problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.