Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kannan
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KannanYour feedback matters!
I am having a PCOD problem, because of this irregular periods. Can you please help me with this? Whether this problem will be cured?
During periods I am suffering alot of pain. What are the reason and also prefer me the best the medicine for it?
Me and my husband are waiting for my pregnancy, I consult the doctor, doctor prescribed crina NCR tablet is good or bad.
Till date I have normal periods and blood coming out during periods is sufficient. But this time I have very little blood out or almost negligible. Also pain during this period is very less than normal. What can I do to get normal period having normal blood out? Is there any major problem?
Hi, I am 23 age female I had sex 5-6 days before of my periods date. It was my first intercourse. Now 2 days has passed and my periods are not coming. My cycle is 28 days cycle. Can you pls give me any help regarding this.
I had my periods on the 22nd of last month. Me and my partner got physical on the 5th of this month. Since a week I have been feeling sick. Except vomiting i have been getting headaches, back and stomach pain, frequently going to the loo, getting tired very soon n sleepy all day. Could I be pregnant.
Hello madam ,my wife farhat 40, her CEA level is 9.1 and alkaline phosphate is 150. Hemoglobin is 9. Iron ,vitamin D, deficient. She was treated for infertility for long time two daughter one after 10 years of marriage and second after 21 years of marriage. She also opted for a failed IVF. Doubtful of cancer. Also suffering from heavy mood swings before and after periods.
I am 36 years female. I have taken MTP kit for my 5 week pregnancy about 10 months back. After that every thing was normal till my last periods which were about 20 days back. During my last period a piece of tissues came out from vagina and after that there is a little bleeding (drop or so) from vagina during urination. Today bleeding is getting increased. Is it a sign of my early period or any vaginal infection of anything else as I am feeling back pain as usually in periods. Kindly help.
She is pregnant 9 weeks ago, now she is suffering dry cough from 4days. What medicine she take? Is it harm to new born baby?
Hi, I got married on 8th July 2016, we are planning kid after 3 year. I am 26 and my wife is also of 26, My question is How can I plan a healthy kid and painless pregnancy of my wife? We are non vegetarian, I am a smoker but she don't. Do we need any type of medical tests before we proceed for children. What should be in our diet for full sperm and eggs. I know this is not a good question to be asked, because no any husband think for their children before pregnancy.
I have pimple problem and during my mc they are increasing what can I do for that and I have one more problem that is my belly fat is increasing and its very irritating me so please give me any idea to reduce at home I do not want to eat any medicine for this.
Doctor, I am 27 years old, I had a miscarriage in 9th month last July 2015 the reason is not known as doctors just said amniotic fluid was nil. So now I am again planning, as doctors say the most fertile days are starting 9 -19 day from your 1st day of menstruation cycle but my husband travels abroad frequently so need to know if I take medicines.
Hello sir, m 25 years old, unmarried, actually my breast is swelling last few days, I have a pain in my both breast, can not tolerate this pain, what can I do sir, do not have a idea sir, help me to come out from this pain.
Hi, my name is anusha I am married and completed 2 yrs. Now we want kids can you suggest how to plan for kids and what type of food we should take. My period cycle is between 29-31.
I am 26 old, I am 22 weeks pregnant low lying placenta. I am going office through my two wheeler. And walking what can I do.
It is always better to ensure caution and stay protected against possible infections, which are caused by intimate contact amongst partners. Sexually Transmitted Diseases or STDs are common occurrences for many people all over the world. These many range in intensity and type, and may also happen due to various causes. These are also known as venereal diseases. The most common way for this kind of infection or disease to spread, is through unprotected sex with an infected partner. The problem is that many of these diseases do not cause any obvious symptoms which make them even more difficult to detect and spot. So some of the prevailing STD's:
- Bacterial Infections: These are by far the most common type of STDs which can spread quickly and easily when the bacteria are passed on through sexual activity. The symptoms may include pain and even bleeding in the vaginal area. The different types of bacterial infections include Chancroid, Chlamydia, Syphilis, Gonorrhoea, Granuloma Inguinale and others. This bacteria usually manifests due to poor hygiene of the genitals. In case of many of these conditions, if proper diagnosis and treatment does not take place on time, the result may be infertility too.
- Fungal Infections: Fungal infections like Candidiasis usually occur due to the production of excess yeast. This yeast infection can spread and become painful and is usually characterised by a thick white discharge.
- Viral Infections: There are a number of viral infections like Viral Hepatitis, HIV, Herpes Simplex and many more, that can transmitted through a virus which can also be found in food, blood, yeast and in rare cases, breast milk. Pain and sores in the genital area can be some of the most common symptoms of these kinds of infections, which can prove to be fatal if not treated on time.
- Parasites: Crab Louse and Scabies are some common parasites that can also thrive on sexual contact with an infected partner, which leads to transmission and spread of the infection. The instant symptoms include skin problems and other changes that may be painful.
- Anal Conditions: Sometimes, many STDs can be caused due to anal sex which may be in insertive or receptive mode. These include HIV, Hepatitis, Gonorrhoea, Herpes and more. The initial symptoms may include pain and sores.
There are a number of unscreened bacteria and viruses that may cause such conditions and one must be careful to practice only protected sex with a known partner. Also, care must be taken to indulge in sexual intercourse with only partner at a time so as to prevent the spread of any infection or STD.
The treatment of any kinds of these STD infections should be treated at the right time before it makes condition worse and the proper medication can be prescribed by the sexologist or even surgery and other such procedures for particularly serious cases. so any case of unprotected sex should be monitored for any STD symptoms and get treated by a sexologist. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.