Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kannan
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KannanYour feedback matters!
My wife aged 40 (no BP or sugar) is not showing interest at all in intercourse ,is there any medicines for her frigidity.
Thyroid TSH report is 4.78 and I am using Thyronorm 25 mcg. Is this dosage enough or do I need to increase the dosage.
Hi I am , 42 years old, having diabetes, my fasting blood sugar is 188 and ppbs is 314 I am obese and 120 kg of weight. I am not taking the medicines regularly as prescribed. My medicines glador m1 in morning metformin 1gm noon omega 3 supplement 1 in morning the problem is I am feeling very tired, less concentrated please give me a solution
I am 50 years old and having type - 2 diabetes, the blood glucose in fasting reaches 140, what are the best way to control the sugar.?
Sir/mam I have been suffering from diabetes (11 years) htn (3 years) tablets using. 1.triglynase 2, twice daily, 2.metosartan40/50 (morning). Sugar levels are normal. Problems. 1.weakness after breakfast 2.burnings and mild pains in hands and legs. And neck pain 3.weight only 53 kgs. 4.always fear about health. Sometimes I felt that this life is waste. of course I relaxed after that. 5.i frequently checking my health with the help of diagnostic tests. Could any body can give good prescription to my success ful life please?
I am 49 year old I am diabetic from last five year triglyceride is 251 and bp 110-180 mas per my physician glimisave -m2 Novastat- Tejlock am.
Can hypothyroidism be cured so that you don't need to take a thyronorm daily? I have hypothyroidism due to which I have s thick endometrial lining. I want to solve the problem from the root cause.
Hello Doctors, is eating peanuts and peanut butter good for hypothyroidism? I am taking 125 mcg Thyronorm every day. I need to know what foods are good and what foods to avoid. I am also under treatment for diabetes and I am using Glyciphage. Thank you for your knowledge.
Of a million sperms released in one ejaculation, a single sperm manages to fertilize the egg, which grows into an embryo and then a baby. Due to various reasons, when this does not happen, it is termed as infertility and is currently on the rise.
With IVF, couples sometimes go through multiple sessions to ensure fertilization. ICSI or intracytoplasmic sperm injection improved this chance of fertilization. It is where a single sperm is used to fertilize an egg in an artificially controlled environment and then injected into the uterus where it grows further.
The next step in this technique is IMSI, where the chances of successful pregnancy are further enhanced and also promises improved quality of the embryo. IMSI, as it stands for, has “morphologically selected” which means under a highly powerful microscope, the best sperms are selected and then used to fertilize the egg. Morphology stands for shape, and the shape of the sperm is a direct indicator of the sperm quality. This not just ensures good success rate but also ensures the sperm which is used produces a high-quality embryo.
- High success rate of fertility
- Reliable and efficient method of ART (assisted reproductive technology)
- More expensive than traditional IVF methods or ICSI
- Requires complex equipment, training, and set-up
- Useful in couples who have failed IVF previously
- Male infertility with unidentifiable cause
- Poor sperm quality
What to expect?
Both partners are prepared both physically and mentally prior to IMSI.
Before the procedure - men:
- A screening is first done to decide if the sperms can be used directly
- In case of hereditary diseases, a donor is preferred
- The first technical step involves sperm collection, either directly or through a donor
- Sperms are collected either through masturbation or through a small incision in the testicles
- Sperms used could be fresh or frozen; fresh ones may be stored for later use also
Before the procedure – women:
- The woman is put on some ovulation therapy to ensure the release of multiple eggs, so a good one is picked. These high doses of hormones ensure multiple eggs are released.
- Egg release is monitored through blood and urine tests
- They are collected within after 36 hours of release
During the IMSI procedure:
- A healthy egg is chosen and placed in a glass container containing hyaluronidase
- Sperms are placed in a medium which will slow their movement, which enables picking a good sperm for fertilization
- The dual advantage of this is that in addition to a high success rate of fertilization, the quality of the embryo is also assured
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!