Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KannanYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor my self ravi gupta I am 40 year old man I have suffering from sugar problem last five months what should I do please tell me.
I am 59 years, having problem with diabetes, taking medicine from Dr. Vijay panikkar lilavati hosptal.Please suggest .
I am suffering from uric acid which remain in control when I CONSUME good quantity of water. Secondly my left eye has a glaucoma problem eye pressure is much less and I Can't see a meter distance. Is there any treatment to normal vision or clear vision. Kindly suggest me, B. P. Remain little high.
Hi my mom is 49 years old she has been suffering from blood sugar/ BP and pain her recent diagnosis report says that FBS-- 238 PPBS-- 269 BP--130/80 she has been taking medication s like gluconorm g2 stamlo 2.5 but her feet and ankle used to swel occasionally her creatine is .38 what should I do.
There are many reasons why the problem of infertility occurs in many humans. Few of the main reasons of this are the inability of male partner to produce sperms and inability of the fertilized egg to get rooted in the uterus. It is in such conditions that the procedure of artificial insemination is carried out to infuse the sperm into the uterus of the female.
Steps Involved in Artificial Insemination-
There are certain steps that need to be followed before you get pregnant if you are planning on artificial insemination, and that would be of great use in providing an economically safe pregnancy. Artificial insemination is a technique that is of great use to couples who cannot get pregnant. The procedure is simple, but it has its own side-effects. It is a commonly used procedure and which is less expensive than other treatment options for infertility. The success rate of this procedure is about 86%, and a couple needs to make a few attempts to get pregnant.
Need for Artificial Insemination-
The effectiveness of the artificial insemination process plays a vital role for the women having fertility issues, especially while selecting the treatment. Many couples prefer the procedure of Intrauterine Insemination when fertility medicines do not work effectively. The procedure of artificial insemination which is a reproduction technique comprises of introducing the semen into the vagina, uterus, or cervix of a woman without sexual intercourse.
The artificial insemination procedure is made use not only in humans but even for breeding in animals. Sometimes the procedure is done if a woman has a condition called endometriosis or in other words, abnormality in her reproductive organs. The method is also suggested by the Doctors when the real reason for infertility cannot be identified.
Why Artificial Insemination?
The procedure is a great benefit for a woman who is single and desires to have children. The best part is that during the artificial insemination, the sperm used during the treatment is tested for any genetic disorder. This way, it reduces the chance of any disorder being transmitted to the child from a parent. The procedure is much cheaper than natural reproduction, and the main benefit of artificial insemination is that desirable characteristics of the parent are passed on quickly to the child.
Overall, the benefits of this procedure are that it is very effective and prevents any genetic disorder in the child, and the cost of the procedure is comparatively lesser.
I have gone thru thyroid test in this month. T3 t4 is under control only tsh is on higher side is 8.42. Doc has advised pe to take the pills for 2 months that 25 mpg. I am planning to conceive. Kindly advise without pills can my thyroid can be control n I will able to conceive. Is there any home remedies which can help me to control my thyroid. I am desperately wanted to conceive. Request your urgent advise.
What should be frequency of checking sugar levels in fasting, post meals and hba1c for a diabetic person in india?
What should be frequency of checking sugar levels in fasting, post meals and hba1c for a diabetic person in India? my parameters are: I am diabetic for last 5 years. 1) level of diabetic control: good. Fs: 92, pms: 126 hba1c: 6.6 2) medications taken: glycomet sr 500 mg bd. 3) adverse events, most commonly hypoglycemia; none so far 4) presence of complications like kidney disease, cardiovascular: r disease, etc none so far 5) age, occupation & lifestyle: age 57 years, height: 6 feet, weight is 75 kg, software professional, morning walk daily 40 minutes. Executive medical check up is done every year for last 4 years including ophthalmology. No major issues are reported so far.
I am suffering from thyorid, my weight is near about 90 kgs, my latest tsh resport is 16.74, I also giving time in gym, can you advice me any natural remedy for weight loss and I am also suffering from hair loss.
When your thyroid malfunctions, you may face difficult health issues. Hypothyroidism leads to excessive weight gain and a lot of other medical ailments. It can be identified by a bunch of symptoms which if present, should not be taken lightly.
1) weight gain - if there is sudden and unexpected weight gain, this is the earliest and definite sign of an underactive thyroid gland. This means that there are strong chances of lowered levels of t3 and t4 hormones in the body, leading to slow metabolism in the body. People suffering from hypothyroidism face increased body weight which becomes difficult to lose despite maintaining healthy diet and exercising rigorously.
2) constant fatigue - if you have slept well the night before, yet you are tired and if this is a regular feature, then chances are that your thyroid gland is underactive. Being low in energy, it gets difficult to complete daily chores or exercise.
3) swelling in the neck - another telltale sign would be goiter - an abnormal swelling in the neck. The thyroid gland mainly concentrates iodine from the blood to create both the thyroid hormones. If there is iodine deficiency in the body, this process gets disrupted resulting in hypothyroidism.
4) hair loss - hypothyroidism causes hormonal imbalance which in turn causes hair loss. If there is sudden, unexplainable hair loss, chances of hypothyroidism are high.
5) imbalance in body temperature - if you are suddenly feeling too cold, it is advised to get your thyroid tests done.
6) brittle nails - if your nails have become brittle, get chipped very easily and look weak, this could be an indication of hypothyroidism.
7) mood changes - the weight gained and the excessive fatigue, both trigger massive mood swings which at times, the person has no control over.
8) constipation - the contractions of the digestive tract get weakened due to low levels of thyroid hormones resulting in constipation. Chronic constipation without any apparent reason could be an indicator of hypothyroidism.
9) irregular menses - if your periods are irregular, do not take it lightly. This could be most likely because of hormonal imbalances which are caused by hypothyroidism.
10) slower heart rate - if your heart beats at less than 60 times per minute, it could be because of the interference by thyroid hormones.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
He suffers from TSH problem since last 2 years. Nd nowadays his hormone level is zero. Then what we should do? and please tell me when hormone level is zero then what type of disease occurs?
Obesity is a disorder which is characterized by accumulation of fat in the body resulting in various health problems. Diabetes is a metabolic disorder that occurs when the sugar in the blood does not get efficiently utilized by the body. This is due to the inability of the body to produce enough insulin to metabolize the sugar.
Diabetes is classified into two types, Type 1 diabetes wherein the body is unable to produce enough insulin and Type 2 wherein the body develops a resistance to insulin. Diabetes is known to cause diseases such as blindness and kidney problems. The risks of suffering from a stroke and other cardiovascular problems go up significantly if you have been diagnosed with diabetes.
Weight plays a big role in the development of Type 2 diabetes and so weight loss is recommended. Other factors such as stress, age, pregnancy and medications also contribute to this disorder. Usually, a majority of the people who have been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes are found to be overweight. Being obese makes it difficult for the body to utilize insulin effectively in order to metabolize blood sugar.
As obesity is closely linked with diabetes, it becomes essential to focus on weight loss as a preventive measure against diabetes.
- Try to exercise on a regular basis. Add cardiovascular exercises to your regimen such as running and swimming as they are very effective in burning fat from your body thus reducing the weight/fat.
- Lifting weights also promotes fat loss by boosting your Resting Metabolic Rate or Basal Metabolic Rate (the body’s rate of burning off calories while you are at rest).
- Follow a well- balanced diet that focuses on low carbohydrate and high protein based meals.
Apart from these lifestyle changes, focus can be brought on the following techniques also as effective means to shed off the excess fat:
- Ultrasonic liposuction: This technique involves using high energy sound waves to eliminate fat from your body. It is a non-invasive procedure that inflicts no trauma on the adjoining tissues in the body and thus providing better weight / inch loss..
- Mesotherapy: It is a non-surgical treatment that involves injecting medications into fat tissues. These medications target the adipose cells in the body and destroy them. This is a permanent procedure that is very effective in removing stubborn fat from the body and helping further in weight loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.