Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kannama Balasubramanian
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kannama BalasubramanianYour feedback matters!
For every 30 minutes of doing a certain activity do 30 seconds of movement in opposite direction.
Every 30 minutes that you sit in the chair get up and do a stretch with backward bend for 30 seconds.
If your neck is bothering you just take a moment to draw your chin in as if getting a double chin, roll your shoulders back and down and stretch for 30 seconds.
If you realize you haven't taken a deep breath in 30 minutes then take a moment to focus on your breathing, take slow deep breaths for 30 seconds.
Set a timer for every 30 minutes you spend sitting, stretch for 30 seconds and feel better and look better.
Hi, I am a mother of 5 month old baby, previous month I tried copper t, now I have heavy periods and my hair loss became increased, is there any connection between this? How to control heavy periods? Thanks.
Hi. I am 24 years old recently I got married. I got menses on jan 9th 2016. Tis feb month I did not get menses time its already went so far 37days. I wanna prepone my menses time. I should get menses within 2 days. So please suggest me some precautions. To ger early periods. Thank you reply me as soon as possible. Have a great day.
I am 31 years unmarried girl. I have listened that having baby after 30 years can be risky for body and baby too. Should I go for harmonal checkup?
I am 13 weeks pregnant. I am continuously bleeding from week 6.at 12 week I was diagnosed with 2 adjacent sub chronic clot. Baby is absolutely fine. With hb of 171. What to do. Please suggest.
Me and my fiancee have active sex life for quite some time and we don't use any protection, he is been doing withdrawal method and have been following tht very strictly. My periods are delayed by a week and haven't come yet. Am I pregnant? How can I be sure about this? We plan to we'd after 6 months and not prepared to start family at this stage kindly advise what shd I do. We mutually decided not to have baby now but don't want to disclose it to our families.
Ashwagandha is one of the most powerful Ayurvedic herbs and is commonly known as the Indian ginseng. Ashwagandha can be loosely translated to mean the ‘strength of ten horses’. It can be used to treat a number of diseases, relieve stress and fatigue, helps heal injuries and may also be used as an aphrodisiac and can help prevent male infertility.
- Ashwagandha helps rejuvenate the body: This herb not only calms a person down, but also restores the balance of their body. Hence, it is also known as rayasana or a herb that rejuvenates. Ashwagandha stimulates the immune system and boosts the production of white blood cells thereby, elevating levels of antioxidants such as superoxide dismutase and glutathione peroxidase. The effects of this herb on a person’s nervous system and endocrine system can also harmonise the body, mind and spirit.
- It increases positivity: Stress and anxiety can lead to negative thinking and ultimately to depression. By fighting stress Ashwagandha helps negate these problems and instead boosts positive thinking. It may also be used to treat depression itself.
- It helps regenerate nerve cells: Along with diseases such as asthmatic bronchitis, emphysema and gynaecological disorders, Ashwagandha can also be used to treat neuro-degenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s disease or Alzheimer’s. It helps regenerate nerve cells and dendrite growth and even improves communication between nerve cells. This stimulates the body’s ability to heal any damage to the nervous system.
- It enhances memory and treats insomnia: Ashwagandha is one of the best Ayurvedic remedies to treat insomnia. It not only helps you fall asleep faster but can also improve your sleep quality. A restful sleep increases a person’s ability to concentrate and prevents drowsiness through the day. Ashwagandha also increases the levels of acetylcholine in the brain. This has a direct effect on boosting memory and elevating brain functioning and intelligence. Ashwagandha also increases the production of nitric oxide that helps regulate blood flow and blood pressure thus elevating the brain’s oxygen levels.
- It boosts libido: Ashwagandha helps optimise the functioning of the thyroid and adrenal glands and helps deal with both hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. Similarly, this Ayurvedic herb also benefits the adrenal glands and thus influences the overall mental and physical health of a person. The functioning of the thyroid and adrenal glands have a direct effect on a person’s sexual health and libido. Thus by enhancing the functioning of these glands, Ashwagandha improves sexual health and boosts libido. The nitric oxide produced by Ashwagandha also helps improve fertility.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi I have a pcos problem and I am married for 2 years. We tried naturally for one month but I did not conceived. So second month we consulted a doctor she kept me on clomifene citrate 50 mg from 3-9 days. And she gave a hcg shot on 14th day of my cycle. And we had timely intercourse but unfortunately I got my periods after taking gestofit. So the doctor advised me to have SSG test done. But I was not ready for that as we planned pregnancy only one month back. So we consulted another doc and she kept me on clomifene citrate 100 mg from day 4-8 and forminal for 30 days and weekly vit D supplement. So please tell me what are the chances of my successful pregnancy this time. Is SSG test necessary?
Hi, I am Dr Sowmya Nair and I am an Ayurvedic physician with more than 13 years of experience in Ayurvedic treatments. I am specialised in Ayurvedic therapies. So, today I am going to speak about Panchakarma therapies.
In Ayurveda, Ayur means "life" and veda means "science". IN Ayurveda, we are treating patients according to the doshas i.e. vaat, pitt and cough. If a person has any imbalance between the vaat, pitt and cough then they will suffer from diseases. In order to balance the doshas, we are doing Panchaklarma therapies.
Panchakarma means 5 karmas. It is the main treatment in Ayurveda. Panch means "five" and karma means "treatment". There are
- Rakta moksha
These are the main treatments in Ayurveda. With these therapies, our body will be healthy and it helps in maintaining all the doshas- vaat, pitt and cough.
- For problems like- sinusitis, chronic sinusitis, psoriasis, we do Vamana therapy.
- Virechana is a loose motion therapy. In the pitta problems also we do Virechana therapy.
- Nasya is the main treatment for the sinusitis, allergic rhinitis related problems.
- Basti is the main treatment. It cures all the vada related diseases. LIfestyle diseases liek spondylitis, cervical spondylitis, lumbar spondylitis, slip disc cases, multiple psoriasis. In this, we are giving medicated decoction and medicated oil through anal route.
- The last is the Rakta moksha. It is a blood ducting. It is a Kerala therapy and it is a Leech therapy. Leech therapy is very good for all pitt dosh related problem and skin related problems.
Nowadays the slip disc and osteoarthritis are very common. In osteoarthritis, there is degenerative changes in bones. If it affects your neck, it is called cervical spondylitis. If it affects your back, it is called Lumbar spondylitis. If it affects your knees, it is called ankylosing spondylitis. Osteoarthritis of knees are very common now a days.
How to prevent Osteoarthritis of knees?
- Maintain your diet. Avoid eating junk food and oily food in order to maintain your body weight.
- Do regular exercises. Do walk and yoga asanas to help preventing Osteoarthritis.
- Maintain the right postures.
If slip disc affect the neck, you will have pain and numbness. If it affects the cervical, you will get cervical pain, neck stiffness, neck pain. If it affects the Lumbar region, then you will have difficulty in movements and pain in both the legs. For such problems, we have excellent treatment in Ayurveda.
In Osteoarthritis problems, we are doing janu basti, janu pichu, abhyangam, elakiri, podikizhi. All these treatments are very good to cure Osteoarthritis.
If it is cervical disc related problem, then we give greeva basti, greeva picchu, nasyam are very good for this problem.
We treat Lumbar disc related problem with Kadi basti, kadi picchu, abhyangam.
These are the main treatments for all the diseases.
For more information, you can contact me through Lybrate.