Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kannaki KYour feedback matters!
I am 29 years old female. Had a missed miscarriage in march. Now pregnant again but currently have spotting daily. I am 5 weeks plus. Dr. advised antiphospholipid and la profile. Which showed ptt-la value of 38.10 with reference range 25-32. And drvvt 34.40 with reference range 36-50. Screen ratio is .89. interpretation is no la coagulant. Phospholipid test is normal. Will this pregnancy survive?
My wife tells that she use to get white discharge before a week of getting her periods. Why it's happening like that? Please help we are trying for a baby. But still periods haven't come.
Hi I am a 28 year old married male. I would like to know the ways in which my wife will not conceive other than using condom or ipill. The way should not create a hindrance when we will be planning for child after a year or so. So just want to know other ways of family planning than using condom or ipill. Thank you
Liver does everything for you right from digestion, metabolism, immunity and the storage of nutrients to detoxifying your body. So, take care of your liver and it will inturn take care of you for better life.Thus, cleanse, rejuvinate and detoxify your liver with these to remain free from obesity, cardiovascular disease, chronic fatigue, headaches, digestive problems, allergies and many other health problems.
1. Garlic : To promote liver health, use fresh raw garlic instead of processed, minced garlic or powder.Eat 2 to 3 raw garlic cloves daily and include garlic in your cooking whenever possible.
2. Grapefruit : Drink a small glass of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice or enjoy the whole fruit with your breakfast daily.Moreover, the flavonoid naringenin in grapefruit helps break down fat.
Note: If you are on medications, consult your doctor before taking this fruit as it may interact with certain drugs.
3. Beetroots: they are the best blood purifiers.Simply add fresh beetroots or juice to your daily diet. Make a powerful liver-cleansing salad with 1 cup of chopped or grated beetroots, 2 tablespoons of cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil and the juice of ½ lemon. Mix all the ingredients together and eat 2 teaspoons of it every 2 hours during the day for a week.
4. Lemons: lemon promotes mineral absorption by liver.Make lemon water at home by adding the juice of 1 lemon to a jar of water. You can even add chopped lemons to it. Drink this water at regular intervals. If desired, add a little honey.
5. Green Tea: By drinking green tea daily, you can help your body flush out toxins and fat deposits, while increasing hydration levels.Drink 2 to 3 cups of green tea daily. If desired, sweeten your tea with honey.
Note: Avoid drinking green tea in excess as it can have an adverse impact on your liver and other body parts.
6. Avocados: The high amount of monounsaturated fat in avocados helps reduce low-density lipoproteins or “bad” cholesterol and increase high-density lipoproteins or “good” cholesterol. The liver easily processes good cholesterol.
Eat 1 to 2 avocados per week for a couple of months to help reverse liver damage.
7. Turmeric: The compound curcumin in turmeric induces the formation of a primary liver detoxification enzyme called glutathione S-transferase. It also helps regenerate damaged liver cells.Mix ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of water and boil it. Drink it twice daily for a couple of weeks.
8. Apples: An apple a day is the secret behind a healthy liver. Apples are a good source of pectin, a soluble fiber that helps remove toxins from the digestive tract and cholesterol from the blood, in turn preventing the liver from being overworked.
9. Walnuts: The high amount of the amino acid l-arginine in walnuts aids the liver in detoxifying ammonia. Moreover, walnuts contain glutathione and omega-3 fatty acids, which aid the natural liver-cleansing process.Munch on a handful of walnuts as a snack daily.
10. Broccoli: The high fiber content in broccoli improves the digestion process. Moreover, it contains fat-soluble vitamin E, an important antioxidant for the liver to carry out its functions.
Eat 1 cup of broccoli 3 times a week to keep your liver healthy.
Also, to keep your liver healthy, eliminate or reduce animal foods as well as alcohol, refined sugar, excess caffeine and processed foods from your diet. In addition, stop smoking as it causes significant damage to different organs of the body, including the liver
Hi I had my period this month which ws 8 days late last month it ws 7 days late. This tym on 2 nd nd 3 rd day I had heavy clots bleeding on 4th dae there are no traces of blood usually I bleed little on 4th day. please help is this periods or implantation bleeding?
Heart Blocks are a result of plaque buildup in your arteries, which blocks blood flow and circulation to the heart, causing heart muscle damage and heightens the risk for heart attack and stroke.
Arteries which have smooth and elastic walls become thick and restrict blood flow from the cholesterol deposits over the years. Blood clots can also block the arteries that supply oxygen rich blood to the heart. These can eventually lead to strokes and heart attacks.
Some warning signs that you may be at risk of heart blockage:
- Have you had a mild stroke: Plaque that accumulates in the carotid artery supplying oxygen rich blood to the brain can cause a stroke. People who have had strokes are more prone to heart attacks.
- Do you often feel fatigue and dizziness: Reduced oxygen from poor circulation and blood flow can result in fatigue and tiredness as well as dizziness.
- Experiencing shortness of breath: Poor blood flow can lead to shortness of breath from even mild forms of exercise or even from carrying out daily chores or walking.
- Sudden chest pain: Chest pain or angina result from reduced supply of blood to the heart. It can be felt as pressure, tightness in the chest, squeezing in the chest, numbness or burning.
- Unexplained lower back pain: This can result from pressure in the spine as a result of pinched nerves due to compressed vertebrae discs as a result of poor blood flow.
- Erectile dysfunction in men: If an erection becomes difficult or impossible, it could be a warning sign of clogged arteries. These arteries supply blood to the pelvis area and help achieve an erection.
- Calf pain: Blocked leg arteries can cause calf pain, especially in smokers . THis is an early sign of possible heart blocks.
- Painful, numb and cold hands and feet: Plaque build up in the arteries of the extremities can cause numbness and coldness in the hands and feet.
Remember early detection is the key to prevent or delay heart attacks.
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is a condition, which is born due to an imbalance of hormones within the female body. When this happens, the female body faces anumber of problems as far as her periods or menstrual cycles goes, besides finding it difficult to conceive naturally and easily. Let us find out more about this condition.
PCOS and hormones
To begin with, let us understand what hormones are. These are chemical impulses that send messages to various parts of the brain and rest of the body to signal the release of other kinds of hormones that may be vital for various functions. In PCOS, it is normally seen that the sex hormones are thrown out of balance, due to which the ovaries start producing a small dose of some male hormones. This creates problems as far as ovulation is concerned and also, it gives rise to the growth of facial hair, acne and changes in the overall appearance of the patient. Insulin resistance is another cause that may also trigger PCOS. It is also an inherited issue in many cases.
From irregular periods to an increase in acne and facial hair, there are many symptoms that may point at the existence of this condition. Fertility problems and issues related to normal ovulation are also often seen in women who are suffering from this condition due to the irregular periods. Additionally, depression may be seen in many patients who are suffering from this condition on a chronic basis. Thinning of hair and excess weight gain with difficulty in losing extra pounds may also be indicative of PCOS.
The diagnosis of PCOS is usually done with the help of a physical examination as well as a blood test that will primarily help in determining the sugar levels and insulin. The doctor will also conduct other hormone tests so as to understand which hormones are not in balance and which ones may be triggering changes in the body. Apart from all this, the doctor will also study the body mass index (BMI) of the patient to find out if there has been a sudden and drastic change on the weight of the patient. During the lab tests, where the blood and urine are examined, the doctor will also seek to rule out any anomalies in the thyroid gland. An ultrasound of the ovaries will also be conducted.
Weight loss programs as well as diet tweaks that remove excess dairy and meat may be recommended by the doctor. Further, the doctor may also put the patient on birth control pills so as to bring better balance of hormones. Moreover, moderate exercise will be required for the patient so that the normal production of hormones may be resumed eventually. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
हमें जिंदा रहने के लि्ए ऊर्जा की जरूरत होती है। ये ऊर्जा हमें भोजन से मिलती है। अगर हमारे खाने में पोषक तत्वों की कमी हो जाए तो हमारे शरीर के साथ हमारे जीवन पर भी खराब प्रभाव पड़ता है। ये हमारे स्वास्थ्य, व्यवहार, मूड के साथ-साथ संपूर्ण विकास को प्रभावित करता है।
अधिकतर लोग यह समझते हैं कि जिन लोगों को पौष्टिक भोजन नहीं मिलता केवल वे ही कुपोषण का शिकार होते हैं। लेकिन पौष्टिक भोजन मिलने के बावजूद अगर आपकी खाने-पीने से जुड़ी आदतें ठीक नहीं हैं तो आप भी कुपोषण के शिकार हो सकते हैं। जैसे हरी सब्जियां अगर भाप में पकाकर खाई जाएं तो इनसे सबसे ज्यादा पोषण मिलता है। लिहाजा हम जो खा रहे हैं, उससे सबसे ज्यादा पोषण किस रूप में मिलेगा उसका ध्यान रखना भी जरूरी है। कुपोषण का खतरा पुरुषों के बजाय महिलाओं में ज्यादा होता है वहीं वयस्कों के बजाय बच्चे इसका शिकार ज्यादा होते हैं।
कुपोषण के लक्षण
कुपोषण का सबसे प्रमुख लक्षण वजन कम होना है। अगर आपका वजन तीन महीने के अंदर बिना डायटिंग के 10 फीसदी कम हो रहा है तो आप कुपोषण के शिकार हैं। इसके अलावा थकान, आलस, खून की कमी, सांस लेने में दिक्कत आदि भी कुपोषण के लक्षण हैं।
कुपोषण की वजह
शरीर को पोषक तत्व खाने से ही मिलते हैं। जब खाने में पोषक तत्वों की कमी होने लगती है तो शरीर पर इनका असर दिखने लगता है। इन मुख्य वजहों पर डालें नजर...
1. खाने में पोषक तत्वों की कमी-
आप पेटभर खाना खा रहे हैं फिर भी अगर कुपोषण का शिकार होते जा रहे हैं तो मेन्यू पर ध्यान देने की जरूरत है। बहुत संभव है कि आपके खाने में पोषक तत्वों की कमी हो। कई खाद्य पदार्थ स्वादिष्ट होते हैं लेकिन हमारे शरीर में पोषक तत्वों की कमी को पूरा नहीं कर पाते। अगर आप इस तरह का खाना खाने की आदत बना लेते हैं तो कुपोषण का शिकार हो जाएंगे।
2. असंतुलित खाना-
हमारे शरीर को उम्र और आयु के हिसाब से पोषण की अलग-अलग मात्रा की जरूरत होती है। मान लिया आप आधा ग्लास दूध पीते हैं और आपके शरीर को एक ग्लास दूध की जरूरत है तो पोषण अधूरा रह जाएगा। अगर भोजन में पोषण की मात्रा जरूरी स्तर से कम होती है और लगातार काफी समय तक ऐसा ही कम पोषक तत्वों वाला भोजन किया जाए तो कुपोषण की संभावना बढ़ जाती है।
3. अनुपयुक्त भोजन -
अलग आयुवर्ग, कार्य-शीलता, जीवन की अलग-अलग अवस्था और महिला और पुरुष की जरूरत के हिसाब से शरीर को अलग-अलग मात्रा में पोषण की जरूरत होती है। उदाहरण के लिए सामान्य वयस्क और एक खिलाड़ी के शरीर को अलग पोषक तत्वों की जरूरत होगी वैसे ही एक गर्भवती महिला और सामान्य महिला की जरूरतें अलग होती हैं।
4. आर्थिक कारण और जागरूकता की कमी-
कुछ लोगों की आर्थिक स्थिति इतनी अच्छी नहीं होती किि वे पोषक खाना खा सकें। वहीं कुछ लोग सिर्फ पेट और स्वाद के लिए खाना खाते हैं और पोषक तत्वों की जरूरत को दरकिनार कर देते हैं।
5. पर्याप्त नींद न लेना-
आपको ये पढ़कर हैरानी होगी लेकिन पर्याप्त नींद न लेने से भी कुपोषण की समस्या पैदा हो सकती है। सामान्य वयस्क को रोजाना आठ घंटे की नींद जरूरी होती है। नींद की कमी होने से मेटाबोलिज्म गड़बड़ा जाता है। ऐसे में पोषक खाना खाने के बावजूद शरीर पोषण को अवशोषित नहीं कर पाता और धीरे-धीरे कुपोषण का शिकार बन जाता है।
लें संतुलित आहार
संतुलित आहार में कार्बोहाइड्रेट, विटामिन, आयरन, फाइबर, फैट, खनिज पदार्थ, पानी और प्रोटीन यह सात तत्व मौजूद होते हैं।
- कार्बोहाइड्रेट साबुत अनाज, फल, सब्जियों और फलियां वाले खाद्य पदार्थों में पाया जाता है।
- विटामिन ताजा फलों, सब्जियों, अंडे आदि से प्राप्त कर सकते हैं। फाइबर सिर्फ कब्ज ही नहीं, डाइबिटीज, अस्थमा, ह्रदय रोग और कैंसर को दूर भगाने में भी सहायक होते हैं। इनसे शरीर की प्रतिरोधक क्षमता मजबूत होती है।
- पॉलीअनसेचुरेटेड स्रोतों जैसे - जैतून के तेल, नट्स और मछली में संतृप्त वसा पाई जाती है।
- सब्जियां खनिज और विटामिन पाने का सबसे आसान तरीका है। ऐसे में रोज के भोजन में ज्यादा से ज्यादा सब्जियों को शामिल करें। हरी पत्तेदार सब्जियों के साथ विभिन्न रंगों की सब्जियों से आपको अलग-अलग पोषक तत्व मिल जाते हैं। पालक, बीन्स, ब्रोकली आदि ज्यादा से ज्यादा खाएं।
- नियमित रूप से कम से 8-10 गिलास पानी का सेवन करना चाहिए।
- मछली, मांस, अंडा, पनीर और दालें प्रोटीन का सबसे अच्छा स्त्रोत हैं।
ये उपाय भी अपनाएं- ड्राई फ्रूट्स और जूस भी शरीर को पोषक तत्व प्रदान करते हैं। अपने साथ किशमिश, काजू, अखरोट और मूंगफली रखें। इन्हें स्नैक्स के तौर पर खाएं।
I took I pill 3 days before my periods and now they are already delayed by 7 days. I took pregnancy test and it is negative. What should I do to get periods. Should I wait for natural periods or take some medicines to induce periods? If yes than please suggest the best medicine to induce periods.
Hello doctor my delivery time in 4 nov but mare twins hai so doctor told me ki mai pure 9 month complete nahi karungi. Kya ye possible hai ki mai october ki kisi particular date k din threw normal delivery baby born kar saku. Mai diwali k same day delivery chahati hu. My mensuration time is 28 jan 2017. And 18 txk mai baby hold kar saku is k liye kta karu.
I am 28 year old woman. I got married 2 years ago. My sex life is good I want to get pregnant. Is it compulsory to have sex within 10-20 days after periods. How many chances to get pregnant after this period. Usually we come together after this please tell me.
Hello, I am Dr. Tripti Raheja. I am working as senior consultant Gynaecology at Max Superspeciality Hospital, Shalimar Bagh, Delhi. Today we are going to discuss a very important topic that is Diabetes during Pregnancy. We call it Gestational Diabetes.
Gestational Diabetes is a very common condition that develops when the body can not produce Insulin to meet extra requirement during pregnancy. So, this leads to high blood glucose level. It affects 15-20% women during pregnancy. Chances of developing diabetes during pregnancy are more if the patient is obese or if there is any past history of Diabetes or if any family member suffers from diabetes. Usually, it develops n the middle or later part of the pregnancy.
So, to diagnose a Gestational Diabetes, we advise a test, which is called glucose tolerance test after 24-28 weeks of pregnancy. So, Gestational Diabetes is an easily treatable condition if it is diagnosed on time, if it is treated properly, if the sugar level is maintained in the body, so it leads to healthy pregnancy which is a healthy baby. But is it is not diagnosed and not treated, it will lead to various complications. Most important of these complications is a large sized baby. So, if the baby is excessively large then you likely to have caesarian section delivery. And if you have a normal delivery, there are more chances of tears or injuries to the birth canal and there are more chances of injury to the baby in the form of nerve injury or fractures. And the new born babies are likely to have fluctuation in the blood sugar level. Even in later stages, these babies are more likely to develop Type 2 diabetes.
So, in order to avoid all these complications, it is advisable to diagnose this problem on time, take proper treatment and keep your sugar level in control. Most important treatment for GEstational Diabetes is maintaining a healthy diet plan and regular exercises. So, if you are diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes, you will be given a diabetic diet plan and advised for regular exercise for 30 minutes daily.
In 80-85% women, these two measures work nicely and blood sugar levels are controlled in a week or 2 weeks. But if the blood sugar levels are still high after 2 weeks of healthy diet and a regular exercise, then you need additional treatment in the form of Insulin.
The growth of the baby is continuously monitored during the pregnancy by repeated ultrasounds and scans. So, Gestational diabetes gets better immediately after the child birth.So, the child birth is planned around 38-40 weeks of pregnancy. It can be done by the mode of the Caesarian section or the normal delivery, depending on the individual circumstances. Immediately after the child birth, you are advised to stop all the medicines which you were taking for Diabetes or Insulin injections. Once you are discharged, it will be checked if you are sugar level has come to normal. THen again you will be advised to get your blood sugar test done after 6 weeks to 45 days after the delivery to check whether they have completely returned to normal. And if they are still abnormal, then you will have to refer a Diabetes specialist.
You should also have glucose tolerance test 6 to 8 weeks after your delivery. It is important to do this test to check if your blood sugar level has come to normal. In some women, the blood sugar level is found abnormal even after child birth and they may require continuous treatment. It is also advised that you should check your blood sugar level every year. And the women who had suffered from Gestational Diabetes, they are advised to check their blood sugar level after every 5 years.
In the end, I want to say that Gestational Diabetes is a very common problem but it can be diagnosed very easily and can be treated. If it is treated properly, it can lead to healthy pregnancy.
If you need further informatio, you can contact me through Lybrate where you can have text consultation and you also fix up an appointment at my clinic.
I pulled out my penis during intercourse am sure I pulled it out and evaluated outside and my girlfriend 3-4 days away from her Periods but she feels tense now what to do. Suggest me if there any ways or symptoms to find it out. Please.
I didn't get periods for last three months, my last periods came on feb 2015. I delivered a baby on last march 2014 after that I got periods from october 2014 but suddenly its stops from march 2015. Please advice.
We have seen that many people complain of having trouble after taking particular fruits, it's just because they take something else with fruits which make them feel uncomfortable.
1. Put one or two lemon slices in the water and drink it. It helps to reduce vomiting sensation.
2. Make powder out of ginger root and add three teaspoons of it to boiled water. Now let the become cool. Sip this water throughout the day.
3. Chew on anise or fennel seeds, which are best to soothe upset stomach.
4. Drink a glass of water every hour can reduce morning sickness.
5. Drinking peppermint tea in the morning also relieves from morning sickness.
6. Raspberry leaf tea is another way to fight the morning sickness. It's safe to take 1.5 to 2.4g of tea leaf per day.
7. Take a glass of cool water and mix a tablespoon each of honey and apple cider vinegar to it. Drinking this mixture daily in morning, is an effective remedy for morning sickness.
8. Prepare a mixture of 1 teaspoon of fresh limejuice, 1/2 teaspoon of ginger juice, 1 teaspoon honey and 1 teaspoon mint juice. Consume this mixture 3 to 4 times daily.
9. Take juice of about 25 fresh curry leaves and mix it with 1 teaspoon of honey and 2 teaspoons of fresh limejuice. Daily take this mixture for 3 to 4 times.