Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kannaki K
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kannaki KYour feedback matters!
Mere wife ka M.c nhi ho rha hai. Last month 4 /06/17 ko huwa tha. Or av tak nhi huwa hai. Mene pregnant test v kiya but kuchh nhi aya. Or hmar 5 month k bcha v hai.
Hello doctor I am in my 6 months pregnancy and travel around 4 kms up and down to office and sometimes due to this winter sometimes I am forced to kick start my vehicle. So kick starting my vehicle will harm my baby in the womb in anyway.
Advice for an expectant mother is plentiful to come around from family and friends. While it may be well intentional, it may not be the best advice possible. One of the things most people would advise is to avoid exercising as it may affect the health of the mother and the baby. This is in fact a very wrong advice as expectant mothers like everyone need exercise to stay fit and healthy. The only difference from normal people is that certain types of exercises may not be suitable for pregnant women and the nature of exercises may change from trimester to trimester.
Some of the best exercises during pregnancy
- Swimming: This one is in fact recommended by doctors as the best and the safest exercise for pregnant women. Swimming is beneficial because of the following reasons:
- Walking: This is one of the safest exercise during any trimester as long as you don’t over exert yourself. Walking promotes blood circulation, improves heart health and is all around a good exercise for pregnant women. The key is to invest in a good pair of shoes for walking so as to prevent the knees and legs from jarring and also to support your upper body properly.
- Stretching: In the later trimesters, it may be a little difficult to manage other exercises as your body becomes heavier and movement may bse limited. However, you can do basic stretching exercises to improve mobility and also help with circulation.
- Weight training exercises: Certain exercises which utilize the weight of your body rather than external weight can be performed easily. You can also use lighter weights to help keep muscle tone and strength. A few examples of these exercises are
- Side leg lifting: Lie on one side and lift one leg up slightly higher than hip height. You can use your forearm for balance in this case. Keep lifting the leg and hold it there for a few seconds and do the same motions a few times for repetitions.
- Curling and lifting: Sit on a chair with your back straight with 2 to 4 kilo weights in each hand and curl up your hands up to the shoulders. Sit with your legs spread apart but comfortably. Also start the curl with your fore arms at a 90° angle from your elbows.
- Yoga and meditation: Yoga is possibly one of the most well suited regimens during pregnancy. Pranayama and meditation can definitely help you be more at peace and also manage many of the changes happening in your body in a much better fashion.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am a 27 Years of women and pregnant having 9th month, I am feeling very pain in chest after taking food, why it happens?
I am 29 years old having sex with my boy friend in the 4th day of my menstruation. Is it in safe period or I have to take contraceptive pill. Please guide and advice about safe period.
Sir/madam, I am facing a problem Pichhle 2/3 dino se mera thoda thoda white discharge ho raha hain or smell bhi ati hain. Mere shadi ka 5 months chal raha hain. Iske bawjud main pregnant ho sakti hu kia? Please mensuration date 30th nov thi.
Dr. madam my boy friend asking me to have sex. If we have sex, in feature is there any problem for me, and I brought condoms but in that having some oily any problem in that. And on April I am going to get marriage so me and my friend has planed before marriage if we did sex 1 time without condoms weather pregnancy will i get for first sex?
My wife menstrual cycle date is 20 date, what is the safe period for sex for not getting pregnancy, and how many condoms should be used for not getting pregnancy.
Me nd my gf had unprotected sex two days after her periods nd she took ipill under 12 hours of having sex. Is there any possibility of pregnancy?
Hormones are special chemicals, secreted by endocrine glands in our blood. hormones go to all organ systems of our body and affect their function. they are important at every stage of our life. hormone problems are very common in both men and women. hormone imbalance in our body affects health badly and rarely can be life-threatening as well. Hormone specialist is called Endocrinologist. Endocrinologists are doctors, who specialize in diagnosing and treating hormone disorders.
Various important hormones in the human body are
- Growth hormone - Growth hormone disorders result in abnormally short or tall stature, with negative effects on other organ systems as well.
- Thyroid hormone - Thyroid hormone disorders cause abnormal growth and puberty, affect sexual function & fertility. Imbalance in thyroid hormone also causes heart disease and neurological problems. rarely very low/high hormone levels result in critical illness and death.
- Insulin - Insulin hormone primarily controls glucose metabolism. abnormally high insulin levels cause low glucose levels (hypoglycemia). low insulin levels cause diabetes mellitus (high blood sugar). uncontrolled diabetes increases the risk of heart attack, paralysis, blindness, kidney failure and other serious problems.
- Sex hormones - testosterone and estrogen are sex hormones in men and women respectively. disorders of sex hormones result in disorders of puberty, sexual dysfunction, infertility etc.
- Parathyroid hormone - This hormone along with vitamin D regulates calcium and bone metabolism. Imbalance of parathyroid hormone and vitamin d cause low or high calcium levels, bone and muscle problems.
- Adrenal hormones - Cortisol and aldosterone are main hormones secreted by the adrenal gland. disorders of these hormone cause wt loss/wt gain, diabetes & hypertension at a young age, osteoporosis, weak bones etc.
You should consult an Endocrinologist (hormone specialist) if you have any of these hormone disorders. Wish you long healthy life! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!