Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kanna KulandaivelYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, my son is 7years old and having enlarge adenoid problem. He has heavy breathing and snoring at night and also he never have very sound sleep in night. He has sensitive nose and watery nose. He sneeze too much due to this reason. I am doing some homeopathy medicines for allergy. My question is - should we go for surgery ort wait for sometime and when he will growup then it will be corrected? any side effects of the surgery like problem in ears or throat? is this type of surgery are safe and what are the chances that adenoid will not grow in future? thanks
The gums are also called the periodontium which means perio for around and dontium for tooth as the gums are literally present "around the tooth." There is a softer mucosal portion that runs along the tooth in a curved manner and a stronger fibrous portion that connects the tooth to the jaw bone. Together, they provide the structural support for the tooth to be held in place. In addition they also have an aesthetic value with the healthy pink color.
The mouth has the largest number of bacteria in the body, which act on the food debris that is present on the tooth and the gums. This causes infection in both the gums and the tooth.
Types: Periodontal disease can be localized or general.
- Localized disease happens when a tooth is not accessible for thorough cleaning. The inside surface of lower incisors and outer surfaces of the upper last molars are common areas of localized periodontal disease.
- Generalized periodontal disease can be due to conditions like pregnancy, puberty, diabetes problem where gums around all the teeth are affected.
Symptoms: In both the cases, the following symptoms ensue:
- The gums are of a healthy pink color and if they turn darker hue of pink
- Swollen and/or painful gums
- Spontaneous bleeding: This may be localized or generalized
- Chronic bad breath: Due to food accumulation in the infected gums
- If it continues to form an abscess, pressure on the gums can produce pus
- Bad taste in the mouth (arising from pus in the gums)
- Gingival recession, producing an effect of having longer tooth
- Dentin is exposed leading sensitivity to hot or cold foods
- Loosening of the tooth
- Painful chewing, as it puts pressure on the inflamed periodontium
- Dentist will identify what are called pockets, which is an indication of severity - the deeper the pockets, the severe the disease.
Management and Prevention: Gum disease is very easy to identify and can be completely cured.
- Regular brushing and flossing can help maintain regular oral hygiene
- With each brushing session, plain finger massage of the gums improves blood circulation and their overall health
- Regular use of mouth rinse is a good way to improve gum health
- Regular visits to the dentist can help keep a check on the health of the teeth and the gums - early identification of disease and early treatment
- Once it has set in, deep scaling followed by root planing may be required to thoroughly clear out the infection
- More surgical options like gingival grafts, flap surgery, bone grafting in case of severe bone loss may be required.
- Management of conditions like diabetes
The best way to avoid periodontal disease is to know its symptoms, follow oral hygiene practices, and consult a dentist regularly.
Hi, I used to have Pan Masala which makes my teeth very dirty & reddish, how can I make them clean, I tried many tooth paste like Dabur Lal Dant, Ambay Glyster, Misbaak but not satisfy.
I have continous sensation in my front teeth. Also my wisdom teeth are coming out. Because of this I am having headache. I am a working woman & hence cant go to the doctor frequently. Kindly suggest as it is getting worse with each passing day.
Evry time I brush my teeth the gums starts toh bleed even my booth uppr lst teeth pains. Pls suggest proper trtmnt!
I am 23 year old girl and recently got one of my tooth extracted. I am pissed off with cavities. I just notices few black spots on 4 different tooth. Why the heck I am getting that even though I am brushing twice a day. Please help me. I am Army aspirant and should be fine with 14 dental points. I have already lost one at such an early stage. Please help me.
Hi, My 6th molar tooth has been broken for which 2 docs hv advised implant after extraction. One doc has Nobel biocare implant while the other has recommended astra biocare (israel based co). There is much difference in the prices for both. Please suggest whether astra is as good as Nobel? Thanks.
I have mouth ulcer. I have tried many ways to cure it. But its very often seen. Please suggest me anything more.
Hi, I am 25 years old from last 6 months I am suffering from gastric problem. My problem is throat and tongue infection. Not healed and under skin thickness and veins shown on body. Some body parts are swelling. Why it happens please support briefly don't neglect.
Hi Bad Breath comes out of my mouth after eating. Why does it happen? What is the remedy? I do also have sinus allergy.
We all look at pictures of our favorite celebrities and long to have that perfect while smile showing off well-aligned teeth. However, due to various reasons, our teeth do not seem to be like theirs. Some of the reasons for the not-so-white teeth include:
- Food habits like excessive cola, coffee, tea
- Tobacco chewing and smoking
- Fluoride deposits seen in people in which the community water has excessive fluoride content
- Side effect of medications like tetracyclines.
However, with teeth achieving major cosmetic value, a lot of developments have happened and now a set of white pearls need not just be a dream. Whether it is just one tooth which is oddly colored or the entire set has taken on a darker shade, teeth whitening procedure comes to the rescue. It is well within the reach of most people, with options that can be managed both in the office and at the convenience of your homes.
Whatever the technique, the basic chemical is the same, hydrogen peroxide, which is a well-known bleaching agent. This works very well on extrinsic stains and may take repeated visits to the dentist to whiten teeth with intrinsic stains like fluorosis.
Things to remember:
Before going ahead with teeth whitening, the dentist will inform you that:
- Cavities need to be treated before teeth can be whitened
- Receded gums need to be treated before teeth whitening
- Any crown work that is pending should be done before the teeth whitening can be done.
Once all the above mentioned things have been take care of, the next step is to clean the teeth completely. This cleaning will ensure that your teeth are free of bacteria and other deposits. The patient's impressions are then taken to make customized trays.
The dentist will provide you with a kit, which contains the trays and the bleaching material. The material should be applied on to the trays, left in place in the mouth to produce the bleaching effect. This may need to be repeated for about 2 to 3 weeks.
Whitening can be done on vital teeth or on non-vital teeth-
- Vital teeth are usually bleached in the clinic, where the bleaching agent is applied on the tooth. It is then activated by a laser light to produce the active chemical that whitens the teeth. If the staining is excessive, then in-house vital tooth whitening may be followed by a couple of home applications.
- Non-vital teeth: Teeth which are root canal treated turn brown over a period of time. Whitening these root canal treated teeth is known as non-vital tooth whitening.
So, if you are not happy with your set of teeth, there is always a solution – get them whitened and see your smile broaden.
Dental problem. My teeth are becoming yellowish. How can U make it whitish without loosing layers of enamel.
I have problems of teeth and gums. If I eat the food then food inserted inside the teeth and create pain and gums pain feeling too bad. please have a look to give Mr. directions what should I do?
Actually today I was in date with my girlfriend and we were kissing each other and then suddenly my says me that from your mouth had smell is coming.
There is problem in my teeth. and between my teeth there is a cavity that's why some times it pain a lot and food is also filled into it so how can I resolve it to save my teeth and get the relief for this problem.
Sugary foods should be consumed in limited quantities as the bacteria in dental plaque changes them into acids.