Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. KanmaniYour feedback matters!
I have not delayed my period but I have done my intercourse n planning for baby now from 2 days I am feeling like vomiting n stomach heavy n tired. And sometime my stomach also cramp. AM I got pregnant n shall a go do a doctor.
I am married before 3 months, me and my wife doing intercourse daily we planned to get a baby but my sperm is too watery is there is any problem of having sex daily and what is the best solution to get that substance thick and what can we do to have pregnant my wife have a irregular periods too.
I am 18 year old. Always my menses period is coming on almost every month 8 th. On this month I have not coming my menstruation. Only 2 drops have came on the date. Now the date 18 th it is not coming. What will I do. Is there is any problem?
I had sex with my gf yesterday without any precaution and she don't want to take any pill what should we do?
I usually get red spots after having metal spas during my monthly cycles due to pain. please suggest other medicine.
I have pcod problem. I am 23 years old unmarried person. And also have over weight. What should I do?
Sex ke dauran sperm vergina se bahr aa jata hai. Iski vajah se pregnancy nii ho pa rhi hai. Iska kya reason hai. Aur female pattern bilkul bhi uttejit ni ho pati jaise hi thora uttejit hona suru hota h waise hi sperm Bahar aa jata h please Hindi me bataiye.
Hi I'm 25 years old I am not knowing whether required amount of sperms are entering in my vagina or not to conceive, because most of the sperms comes outside after intercourse, we are doing intercourse once daily in every alternative day in between 6th day to 18th day after my periods.
Good afternoon Dr. my self anjali I am 34 year old married woman I have bleeding problem during in my period time 10 days or more days.
Hi, I am married Wants to conceive, we had intercourse on 17th Feb my dates came on 11 Feb now I must not feeling well pain in lower abdominal, dizzy etc. Please suggest do I have symptoms or what?
I did sex I'm 22 years old girl. I did sex with my boy friend since from last month. I took 2 times birth control pill in this time. To day my periods began. But it is not smoothly running. Some time it stops. Some time again bleeding. What to do now? my boy friend since from last month. I took 2 times birth control pill in this time. Last one day ego I took the second pill and the first pill I took last two weeks ego. Today my periods began. But it is not smoothly running. Some time it stops. Some time again bleeding. What to do now? I have no problem with periods. But today I observed it. Is this side effect of birth control pill?
I had sex today. She was on 6 th day of her menstrual cycle. We used condom. But still I have some fear about conception. Can you tell me which are the safe days and fertile days.
My mother, age 39 is having uterine myoma (48*56) fr past 2 yrs. How much can it enlarge & can it burst?
My girlfriend is pregnant one month but she don't want a child. what can be done to solved this problem.
Already I had papaya many times to have my periods but I did not get my periods. I don know what to do.
I am gain weight and want to reduce my weight. I am having pcos due to which I have heavy hair fall. please let me know how to stop hair fall.
Hi doctor. Tomorrow was my periods date but I did not got my periods. Feeling bit nausea also. What should I do.
Also known as Posterior Prolapse, Rectocele involves weakening of the walls between vagina and rectum, thereby, causing the rectal wall to swell and protrude into the space of the vagina. This bulging is a common, but temporary problem that arises after childbirth. In severe cases, the swollen tissues may extend out of the vaginal opening and usually cause more discomfort than pain.
What are the most common causes for Rectocele?
- An upright posture places a lot of weight on the pelvic region, which is probably the most important cause for Rectocele or Posterior Prolapse.
- Constipation is also a very valid reason for Rectocele because it causes straining of the connective tissues that separate the vagina and the rectum.
- Constant heavy lifting and indiscriminate increase of body weight may also put a lot of pressure on the pelvic region that could ultimately lead to weakening of rectal and vaginal tissues.
- Weakening of vaginal passageway due to pregnancy and childbirth is also a common reason for Rectocele development.
- Chances of developing Posterior Prolapse increases with age.
Physiological problems posed due to Rectocele
- Passage of bowel becomes difficult and may sometimes require pressure on the vaginal bulge.
- The protrusion of tissue takes place from your vaginal opening, when you strain while passing bowel. This usually happens in people with constipation.
- This disorder may also induce a sensation that the bowel tract has not been fully emptied even after passing stool.
- Such vaginal bulging also causes difficulties and embarrassing concerns during sexual intercourse.
Medical recommendations and preventive measures to tackle Rectocele
- Home made remedies and exercise are usually effective. Performing exercises help re tighten the pelvic muscles and tissues, thus reversing the effects of Rectocele. Vaginal pessaries or rubber rings, inserted into the vagina, can also support loose tissues and keep them in place.
- Surgical procedures are hardly needed in most cases of Rectocele. But if the issue is chronic, you may opt for removing the protruding tissues by surgery or strengthen the boundary between vagina and rectum by a mesh patch. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.