Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Kandiah RYour feedback matters!
Hii l am 19 years old. L am wearing spectacles of power 3/6 of each my eyes. On going day by day my eyes are going inside and inside. It look so boring l feel shy when I removing my spex plzz suggest any exercise method to move out my eyes.
How to grow height and how to grow eye power. please give me information. please suggest me diet for protein and along with good health.
I can't see my eyes when driving night time in front any thing lighting comes I can't visible any thing please get the solution my eye sight is -11.
Hello, I have a eye sight problem of Hypermetropia from past 4 year, in present my age is 21 and I do not want to continue with my eye glasses. Some of my friends said after the age of 21, the growth of eye ball is stop and by having healthy vegetables like carrot, beetroot,etc. I can reduce it or even cure my Hypermetropia. Is this true or not. If yes what should I do to reduce my eye power from 5.5 to 1.25 or even low.
How to increase eyes brightness and exercise of eyes and how to black our hairs in a short age and also skins problem solution.
After getup my eyes look like sleeping, it's a big problem, I dnt look fresh because of my sleep, swelling eyes, this problem arise before two years when I was only 16. How I look fresh.
It's been one month my eyes turn red and became swell, some times tears used to come and allot of cramps. And another problem is that I want to know how to minimise the cramps during periods (mensuration.)
When I was use the system. More than one hour. Water was came to my eye's. Pl let me know the solution for this problem.
I have Eye problem I can see from near But I cannot see from far . Even in College I sit at 3rd bench I cannot see the board properly . It's like blur . I need to know what is the best suggestion to increase my Eye power I checked myself my left eye is More blur then right eye.
This Question is health issue of my fiance. We are going to marry soon. She is suffering from Uveitis in her eyes. She is undergoing treatment for the same. Doctor is saying it is a recurring disease. Is it ? She is undergoing steroids treatment. Earlier she used to take pills for the same and now eye drops of steroids. Still she is not reverong from the same. I am very much worried about her and our marriage also. There are many side effects of steroids which she is taking as medicines. Should I go ahed and marry her ? If I marry her, can we plan a baby ? What are the risks involved in pregnancy with Uveitis. Will our baby will eye problem too ? Can this disease will pass on from mother to a baby. Can we plan a baby in this Uveitis treatment. I am in very much stressed and worried about all this and my future. please guide me.
I am 18 years of age and I have a lot of sever headache wich leads to a burning sensation in my eyes.
I always feel sleepy and aalash, what is the problem in my eyes? Is any. And not able to do any work sincerely means get bored.
Hi Doctor, I'm a 22 years old girl and I have sinus for last 5 years. My eyes have puffiness. Recently it bulged a lot, I had used many creams to reduce puffiness but nothing works. Nowadays everybody told me about this. I l feel aged when I see myself on mirror. What should I do doctor?
Burning sensation of eyes reduces.
I have facing vising problem when I run fast for smaller duration. I don't drink and smoke at all. May I know the reason behind that.
I have an irritation in my eyes, it is continue with 4 -5 days it increase my eyes swelling and it also cause headache problem.
I am 26 years old male. Every morning when I wake up I find a sort of swelling around my eyes. It is this swelling that makes me lazy all that day Kindly look into the matter.
A cataract usually forms in the eyes due to clouding of the naturally clear lens that coats the eyes.This coating is usually a matter of age advancement or any other injury that the eyes may have sustained. It may also be a birth defect that a baby may be born with. There are various ways to deal with this debilitating condition.
One of the methods of treatment includes cataract surgery. Read on to find out more about this form of treatment:
- Procedure: During this surgery, the ophthalmologist will remove the cloudy lens and clean it before replacing it with a man-made lens.The technique followed for this procedure is known as phacoemulsification which involves a small cut or incision for the cataract surgery. The incision helps the doctor in liquefying and then vacuuming the centre portion of the lens, which is slightly harder than the rest of the lens.
- Device: The doctor will usually administer anaesthesia first and then make the tiny incision on one side of the cornea. Thereafter, an instrument or device will be inserted through this opening to send out ultrasonic vibrations to the eye. These vibrations will help in breaking the lens into tiny pieces. These fragments will be removed with the help of a suction that will go in through the tiny cut. This cut may also be made with the help of a laser beam.
- New Lens: Once the fragments of the old lens have been cleared, the doctor will go about the process of inserting the new man made lens which is usually made up of clear plastic, acrylic or even silicon, and is known as IOL or intraocular lens. This process is generally termed as intraocular lens implantation.
- Improved Vision: With the help of the new lens, the patient will now enjoy better vision and a visible decline in the symptoms of the cataract including problems in night driving.
- Convenient: This procedure usually takes about an hour and is an outpatient procedure. It is a completely safe procedure where numbing drops are placed on the eye so as to reduce any pain significantly. The doctor will usually give you a novocaine injection around the eye. Also, cataracts from both eyes will not be removed on the same day, and the doctor will schedule you for cataract removal from the second eye for another day.
- Aftermath: After the surgery is over, it is normal to feel some amount of irritation in the eye. If this irritation is persistent, you must see a doctor about it.
Painkillers like acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be used to recover from the pain after the surgery. Ask an ophthalmologist about other measures.