Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
My Ha1bc is 6.4 for the last few years. Will I have eye and kidney problems. What should I do to avoid organ failure complications ?
Sir, what are the pathological test required for cataract surgery, I am 54 yrs old and planning for the same. Kindly let me know before I go for check up. Thanks and regards.
Feel headache during study and water comes in eye generally and feel sleepy also even after 7 hr sleep.
I have consulted many doctors regarding my eye pain but not getting the right treatment. I need to stay for more than 12 hours in front of the computer. I was recommended to use GenTeal gel and Refresh Ezee as eyedrop. I use Gunnar computer specs which has by default. 25 power. I have. 5 power. Still I find my eyes paining sometimes from inside. Any solution? Thanks in advance.
I am suffering from severe cough for the past 4 weeks , already used amoxycillin but no relief, on 12th march I need to undergo cataract surgery,please suggest some medication ?
I am suffering from myopia How can I get my eyes back without myopia. Without surgery is it possible?
My eye sight is stable for last 5 years. But I want to improve it. How can I? My eye sight is. Left eye -1.5. And right eye -1.
I checked my eyes last week. And my number is 0.5 & .75 for left and right eyes. I am working as a site engineer. Please suggest me good eye drop. So that my eyes feel relax. Because dust enter my eyes at site.
My left eye is paining from yesterday. Now it became a little red and swallowed from downwards. 23 june I have my important exam. Please suggest something.
I have defect of short sightedness, and it is from three years and I am wearing a glass of -2.00. Can it be cured by naturally or any clinically treatment? If yes, how?
I was playing with my friends and my friend finger was poke in my eye any there is red colour formation onmy eye.
LASIK is a corrective eye surgery that aims at repairing the vision impairment. It is known as laser in situ keratomileusis. This surgery is typically used to fix nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism.
So can this surgery help in removing your spectacles and giving you crystal clear vision? Let us find out!
- Definition: The LASIK procedure basically works towards reshaping the cornea, which is the clear portion that coats the eye. This is responsible for proper travel of light to the retina where it must focus in an appropriate manner so as to reach the back of eye.
- Corrective Technique: With its cornea reshaping technique, this procedure is effective in correcting vision and removing spectacles for at least 96% of the patients who go through this treatment.
- Convenient: The LASIK surgery is a highly convenient one that hardly creates any pain. Numbing drops are used to minimise the pain that may be felt during the procedure. Also, the time taken for the correction is very little with most procedures commencing within a day or two. Further, this procedure does not require any bandages or stitches and usually works with a powerful laser beam.
- Eyeglass Dependence Reduction: Most patients have a dramatic improvement in the quality of their vision and do not require glasses, while other patients usually have a reduced dependence on eyeglasses once the surgery is done.
- Preparing for the Surgery: To prepare for the surgery, it is imperative to meet and coordinate the details with the ophthalmologist who will examine your eye carefully and seek to determine the risk of any kind of side effect. Also, the doctor will ask specific questions regarding the medical history of the patient before conducting the surgery. As a part of the preparation, the doctor will also take measurements of the corneal thickness and other such factors like refraction, corneal mapping, pupil dilation and air pressure, so as to carry out the surgery in the most effective manner. Do not wear your contact lenses for at least three weeks before this evaluation so as to get the correct reading which will make the surgery much more effective due to the correct settings applied to the pulses.
- Procedure: During the procedure, an instrument known as a microkeratome laser will be used to lift the flap of the cornea which will be peeled back while the corneal tissue is reshaped. Then the cornea flap will be put back in its position.
Remember to be prepared for some amount of dryness in the eyes once the surgery is over. Talk to your doctor about other side effects.
Total or partial opacification of transparent lens of the eye is termed as cataract. Such opacification essentially occurs in old age but it can occur in children or young age due to diabetes, trauma, congenital causes, use of steroid drops in the eyes or secondary to glaucoma.
Cataract affects vision depending upon its degree and location. Very slight cataract at the posterior pole can obstruct central vision and cause marked glare blindness or inability to read small letters whereas, cataract in the cortical area may take long time to affect vision.
Treatment: no medicines can cure cataract. Once it occurs, it has to be operated.
When to get operated?
When you are professionally blind or unable to carry out your routine duties/work. A driver or a watch repairer has to operate very early due to glare blindness whereas an old lady can wait for some time. It is ideal to get the surgery done with immature or early cataract than to wait for the cataract to get mature. A mature or hypermature cataract is difficult and risky to operate.
Phacoemulsification with ultrasonic rays is the modern method os surgery. You get only 2-3 mm of an incision, no sutures. The lens is emulsified and aspirated and a foldable IOL (lens) is injected by a syringe which unfolds and occupy the same space as your original lens. 10 minutes surgery with practically no pain. This lens lasts for a life time and gives you youthful vision.
The surgery can be performed even in patients with diabetes or hypertension and at any age. Maybe 90-100. Practically no post-op restrictions.