Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kandeeban
Treatment of Depression
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Eating Disorders
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Panic Disorders
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Stress
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Treatment of Autism
Submit a review for Dr. KandeebanYour feedback matters!
Hi I have very good atmosphere at my home as well as good relations with family and friends I am very happy with my love life and also with my career. I follow good diet n other healthy practices. Even then nowadays I get very emotional and I cry like anything all alone. I was never the same before. I am not able to recognize the problem. I am worried coz this leads me to stress Please help!
I am liking one female a lot. She is married nd middle age. My age is 27. Now she is not close to as before. I am feeling that I'm missing my life. Kindly help me to come out from this stuff. I want to show my attitude to her. She should not play with feeling.
Sir... I have suffer from depression problem my mind has does not work to do any work properly and I do not concentrate our business tell me how I reduce our stress and what meditation I do.
Warning Signs of Mental Illness
The mind or the brain is the master computer, the site of our consciousness, thoughts and memories. We often tend to think of our mind as a separate entity, but the mind and the body are linked and just like our body, the mind too is susceptible to illnesses. The idea of mental illness makes us feel vulnerable and helpless and we dismiss the possibility of mental illness as something that “will not happen to me” or “is in my control”. But like all other illnesses, mental disorders too, are ultimately not in our control. More importantly, they are readily treatable with medications and therapy.
Mental illness refers to a wide range of mental health conditions/disorders that affect our mood, thinking and behavior. They include depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, eating disorders, alcohol/drugs abuse and many others. All of us feel sad, anxious, stressed and have occasional sleepless nights. So when does a mental health concern become a problem? When the signs and symptoms persist and affect our regular day-to-day activities, it’s probably time to seek help.
Awareness is the first step to treatment. Learning about the signs and symptoms will allow you to seek help early and get back to a healthy and happy life.
If several of the following symptoms are recurring, it is advisable to consult a mental health professional.
1. Withdrawal: Recent social withdrawal and lack of interest in others are a common sign that you may have a problem in hand.
2. Drop in functioning: There is a sudden unusual drop in functioning at school, work or other social activities such as withdrawing from sports, failing in school or difficulty in performing ordinary tasks.
3. The problem with thinking: You face complications with concentration, memory or rational thoughts and speech that are hard to explain.
4. Increased sensitivity: There is a heightened sensitivity to sights, sounds, smells or physical contact and a tendency to avoid stimulating situations.
5. Apathy: There is a loss of desire or initiative to participate in any social activity.
6. Feeling disconnected: You experience a vague feeling of detachment from yourself or your surrounding and a sense of unreality encircles you (paranoia or hallucinations).
7. Illogical thinking: You have an exaggerated belief about your personal powers to understand meanings or influence events. You suffer from irrational or magical thinking, typical of childhood in an adult.
8. Nervousness: You have a feeling of fear, you are skeptical of others or have a strong nervous feeling.
9. Sleep or appetite changes: You experience sleep disorders, significant tiredness and appetite changes and even decline in personal care.
10. Mood swings: There are rapid or dramatic shifts in feelings ranging from excessive anger; hostility or violence to suicidal thoughts.
Anxiety disorders are serious issues amongst individuals of all ages today. It is a psychological feeling of uneasiness or fear about something, which can create other physiological and behavioral changes in a human being and can even drive a a person crazy. It can be characterized by symptoms such as sweating palms, rapid heartbeat, muscle tension, dry mouth, which arise due to various reasons such as face of fearing the crowd, stage-fright, doubt about facing a difficult situation, fear of failure or rejection and many more.
Homeopathy comes into this picture with a unique recovery program for such kinds of anxieties. Its treatment procedure is individualistic, which means, it has a separate recovery therapy for separate anxiety disorders. In addition, treatment is purely natural with no side effects. Following are some homeopathic remedies of various kinds of anxiety disorders:
- Aconite: This is the best homeopathic remedy for anxiety symptoms such as agitation, restlessness, dry mouth, fear of mixing with people, panic attack, fear of death, fear of future or even certain agonized feeling related to some past traumatic incident. In such cases, the patient may sometimes become very violent also.
- Argentum nitricum: This medicine comes into play in cases of extreme nervousness or apprehension of a person which turns him or her to be very much impulsive. The patient also becomes forgetful and dull always wearing a melancholy and grim face.
- Arsenic Album: There are certain anxieties, which include fear of security and safety leading to anxiety about robbers, health or money. Consequently, they tend to feel insecure and always try to be neat and perfectionist to avoid such problems. Arsenic Album is very helpful in such cases.
- Calcarea carbonica: People who suffer from a fear of change or losing hold of situation and are very stubborn and obstinate may take help of this medicine.
- Gelsemium sempervirens: This is useful when the patient is suffering from muscle tensions, shaking of legs or knocking of knees due to performance anxiety.
In addition, Lycopodium clavatum, Kali arsenicosum, Kali Phosporicum, Phosporus are also very useful for anxieties. However, people should always consult a doctor before taking the medicines.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My son is 8 years old. He not speak only says papa mama. new Delhi doctors says my son is totally medical fit nothing any problem. But my son is not speak what's the region please help me and give me good guide line for my son speaking problem.
Hi, I was having panic attack before 6 month I went to psychologist he gave me medicine and tell me to take 6 month at that time I took medicine 6 month when I left it again I am feeling like panic attack it means I will have to take medicine whole life or any thing to do or eat instead of medicine please tell me.
I am feeling very low these days. I don't smoke cigarettes but I drink sometimes. What are the adverse affects of drinking more please tell if there are some good effects.
I want to quit smoking but I fail every time what do I do I have tried 5 time to quit but keep on failing to quit?
While children can light up your life with joy and laughter, sometimes they can appear to be monsters with their temper tantrums and their stubbornness. Stubborn or obstinate children can be very difficult to deal with and could end up disrupting your life as well. However, there are a few techniques that mental health professionals have suggested that can help you deal with your stubborn and obstinate child.
These are mentioned here briefly
Hear Them Out: It’s often the case that children tend to be stubborn or obstinate and start screaming when they think they weren’t heard. This makes them feel helpless and thus forces them to bottle up and then take out their frustration by either not doing what you are telling them to do or doing exactly the opposite of that. The best treatment in this scenario is to hear them out and patiently try to resolve their problems.
Ensure They Follow Your Example: If one or both of the parents are extremely stubborn, then this would translate into a stubborn kid as well. Doctors have said that obstinacy is often in the genes. Also, environmental influence is a big deal for them as well. Ensure that you are flexible enough with your partner and the child picks up on it.
Teaching Kids About Give And Take: This is a very important lesson in life as it teaches kids to choose priorities. If you teach your kid to always give, then it sends a message that putting themselves second is the best option. However, if he or she is always fighting to take first priority, it may lead to too many conflicts later. Thus it is best to teach them that it is okay to fight for what is yours but also let others have their way sometimes. This attitude will help them develop a balanced attitude and lessen their obstinacy.
Give Them The Illusion Of Choice: Children are very malleable when it comes to their minds and you can use this trick to do certain things that make them appear they have some control when they actually may not. For example, if they are unwilling to go to sleep, you can say that you cannot make them sleep, but they have to stay in bed. Your child would then automatically fall asleep after some time due to boredom which would end up serving your purpose.
Use Scolding Or The Parent Card As A Last Resort: If any of the techniques mentioned don’t work, then you can scold or warn your kid with consequences which may result in capitulation. For example, if you child is not willing to come back and study, then try and stop them from whatever they were doing and make them sit with their books. This lets them know that certain areas you will absolutely not compromise on and they will understand the limits better.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!