Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kanagu
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KanaguYour feedback matters!
Hi me and my gf want to have sex without any precautions. Can you say me the exact what days after or before period to have a sex. Without getting pregnancy.
Syphilis is one of the most common STD and can affect both men and women. This bacterial infection can be easily treated, but if left unattended it can cause serious problems. Syphilis can be caught by mere skin to skin contact with an infected person’s genitals or mouth. Hence even if you do not have intercourse with an infected person, you can still get infected from them. If a woman who is pregnant gets infected with this disease, she could pass it on to her unborn child as well.
A person suffering from syphilis may not always exhibit symptoms of the disease. This disease goes through active as well as dormant phases with symptoms being present only in the former. Even its dormant phase, this disease can be transmitted from one person to another.
There are four stages of syphilis and each of them have their own symptoms.
- Primary stage: In its first stage, syphilis is marked by the presence of open sores called chancres. This can occur in the mouth, genitals are or around the anus. It can also be seen in other parts of the body where bacteria may have entered the body. These chancres are painless and may be accompanied by a swelling of the lymph nodes around it. This is the most contagious stage of the disease. Without treatment, these sores will resolve themselves in 3-6 weeks but the syphilis bacteria itself will remain in the body.
- Secondary stage: Anywhere between 2 weeks to 12 weeks after coming in contact with the bacteria, this infection may move into its second phase or secondary stage. At this point, you will notice a rash on your skin. This rash can be seen as a collection of small, flat or raised skin sores along with small, open sores on mucous membranes. These sores may contain pus. Dark-skinned people may notice that these sores are lighter than the surrounding skin. Along with this, the patient may also have fever, a sore throat, headaches, weakness, irritability and suffer from weight loss.
- Latent stage: Once the rash clears, this disease moves into its dormant or latent phase. This is also known as the hidden stage and can last anywhere from 1 to 20 years. It is very difficult to diagnose syphilis in this stage as there are no visible symptoms.
- Late (tertiary) stage: If the disease is not diagnosed and treated by the time it reaches this stage, it can cause a number of serious health problems. This includes blindness, cardiovascular problems, mental disorders and even death.
I am 25 years old, actually maire vagina part mai sujan (swelling) ho gayi hai and pain bhi ho raha hai halka halka, kya ap mujhe koi medicine bata skte hai jisse ye thik ho jaye.
- Every Indian man and woman wants to be FAIR.
- Fairness is considered hallmark of beauty, which is not absolutely true but it is in vogue. Dark face may look beautiful if it is glowing.
- Regular use of sunscreens can offer some prevention of pigmentation, especially over face, neck and exposed hand areas.
- Arrival of pigment lasers have worked wonders for a lot of individuals, women in particular. Sittings are offered generally at interval of three weeks each and one may go for upto 6 sittings in one session. Skin shade may become one or two shade lighter....and more importantly it glows!!! Generally face is addressed and at times neck and hands to are attended.
- Combination of lasers may offer fairness, glow as well as rejuvenation of aging face without surgery or practically without downtime.
- If one wants to preserve the results thus gained for a long time, sunscreens and other cream treatment regimen advised by doctor must continue. Really these non-peeling lasers are a boon for Indian populace mad for white skin color.
Hi doc can I have intercourse after using vaginal progesterone. My gynaec prescribed me vaginal progesterone 200 mg. After u/s she found that my follicle is getting rupture .so she prescribed vaginal progesterone for 15 days from yesterday how should I plan intercourse while using suppository.
Female, 20 years, unmarried, virgin. Suddenly found my both breasts itching around nipples. On pressing it, a milk like cloudy liquid came out of them. It tasted like milk. It kept coming out for sometimes. Pain is also there in both breasts. Itching continuously. Got done with my periods 2 days ago. Not sure about it but it's embarrassing and disturbing. Really worried. Help please.
Hello. Please I had sex during the third day of my period. After my period I feel pains in my abdomen when I urinate. Please what is the cause of it. Am very worried.
I am pregnant and 4th month has started. While intercourse I felt a strong push up in my stomach. I was worried because my husband put weight on me while intercourse. Pls suggest.
Hello. Me and my gf had foreplay on 23rd july and rubbed our genitals. She had her last periods on 15th july. She had her underwear on. I was naked. But I did not ejaculate neither penetrated. Today is 16th and she still has not got her periods. We did urine test and it was negative. What could be the reason? And can she get pregnant?
1. Use a cane or walker for added stability.
2. Wear rubber-soled shoes for traction.
1. Make sure lighting is adequate especially night as falls are common when trying to walk in dark.
2. Eliminate clutter in the house and neatly strap loose wires etc so it does not come in the way.
3. Avoid using rugs where foot or cane can catch while walking.
4. Make sure there are bars to hold on to in the bathroom.
5. Elderly patients will reduce fall risk if they do gentle stretching exercises daily and keep up their walking.