Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KanaguYour feedback matters!
Hi, I lost my virginity on 5th of this August. And my periods were due on 29th August but I missed the date. My menstrual cycle is of 35 days. We took protection every time and I also took a pregnancy test in case but it turned out to be negative. Please guide me, is there any reason to worry about the delayed periods. Is it normal?
Pregnant women can eat mushroom recipes ?If yes please tell me clearly. Coz I heard it is very heat producing vegetable content.
Sir I have a little doubt first time when I have a sex with my girlfriend she didn't get bleeding. And my question is whether she loosen her virginity before or not because bleeding is not a problem for me while inserts my pennies in her Virginia it's going very easily and it's very loose so that only I have little doubt on this case kindly suggest me in this situation. My problem is not about bleeding why her Virginia is very loose.
The three basic things required for maintaining health as per ayurveda classics are:
• Ahara (Proper Diet)
• Nidra (Proper sleep)
• Brahmacharya (continence)
Thus Diet is considered as the foremost factor for keeping oneself healthy. If diet is taken in proper manner it will maintain health and can even curb diseases but if taken in an improper way it may be the causative factor for disease as Mithya ahara (Improper diet) is said to be one of the causes for the occurrence of diseases in Ayurveda. Thus ayurveda has laid emphasis on taking proper diet and a lot of information about it is available in Ayurvedic classics. By adopting Ayurveda diet plans one can enjoy a healthy body, mind and soul. This section will deal with the various aspects of diet as per Ayurveda.
The Importance of Six Tastes in Ayurvedic Diet :
Ayurveda recognizes six tastes and it's quite important to have all of these 6 tastes in your diet every day. The six tastes are:
Sweet sugar, honey, rice, pasta, milk, etc.
Sour lemons, hard cheese, yogurt, vinegar, etc.
Salty salt, any salty food.
Pungent chili peppers, cayenne, ginger, any hot spice.
Bitter leafy greens, turmeric, lettuce, etc.
Astringent pomegranate, beans, lentils, etc.
These six tastes are listed in the order they are digested in your body.Sweet gets digested first, that's why it's not a good idea to have a dessert at the end of the meal. Salad should be taken at the end of the meal.Cravings are often caused by not having all of the six tastes in your daily diet. Many people often omit the bitter and astringent tastes.When you have something bitter or astringent at the end of a meal, it actually reduces your desire for sweets.
Though it’s common for most people to consult allopathic physicians when they fall ill, you must have heard of alternate therapies like Reiki, Pranic healing and energy healing. These healing therapies share one thing in common - they all work by cleaning our aura.
What is the Aura?
The aura is a layer of energy that surrounds our physical body. Not just that, auras are found covering the physical bodies of all living beings on earth, like animals and plants. Auras are like cozy blankets that save us from harm, both physical and mental. That is the reason why they get torn and dirtied.
Why is the Aura important?
The ‘Prana’ or life force flows through the energy body or the aura. Any disturbance in this flow causes diseases, thus, a healthy, clean and energized aura is crucial for maintaining our well-being.
If there is a problem in your physical body, it will show up as a disturbance in your energy body too. For example, if your liver is sluggish, it is reflected as dirty, sticky energy in that part of your aura which corresponds to the liver.
If you are mentally, physically and emotionally healthy you will have a bright aura, and the energy centers on the aura called “Chakras” will be strong and active. On the contrary, if you are in any way not up to par, you will have a depleted aura with holes and tears. You will also be constantly losing energy which will further deplete your aura, making you sicker.
Can you cleanse your Aura?
The answer is a “yes”. You have a number of available options to choose from. What will work for you depends upon how damaged is your aura and your own capacity to cleanse and strengthen your aura.
- Approach a Pranic healer for cleansing and energizing your Aura: You have to do this if your aura is infested with too much dirty energy and this has already shown up as a serious disease like depression or hypertension. When you are too depleted of energy to help yourself, you must find a good pranic healer and go to him for treatment. What the healer will do is scan your aura to identify the problem. This will be followed by the treatment. The healer will cleanse your energy body using divine healing energy and Prana. He will follow this up with strengthening and energizing your aura. These two steps will automatically enhance the size of your aura and you will begin to feel relief. The treatment is usually divided into a number of sessions, depending on the severity of your disease and also on the cause of the problem. Pranic healing can also be done on the self, but you need to learn the correct way to cleanse and heal your aura first.
- Meditation: Your ‘chi’, ‘prana’ or internal energy in the aura can be increased by meditating. A good way to do this is by practicing the “Twin Hearts meditation”. The divine healing energy rains down on you during this meditation, immediately cleansing and energizing both your aura and the chakras.
- Hugging a tree: Connecting with nature is a great way to cleanse your aura. Another way is to hug a tree. The tree is able to cleanse your aura and make you healthier. Make sure, however, not to hug small shrubs or keep hugging the same tree daily for a long time, or it may well die.
- Crystal healing: Crystals can take away negative energies from our bodies and homes. You can use crystals like fire agate, labradorite and black Tourmaline as pendants to keep your aura clean.
- Smudging: Burning sage is a great way to clean your aura too. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Sir is this possible that my gf become pregnant after one sex intercourse but the sperm is not leaked into her I want to know how many times we have to sex for getting pregnant.
I am 27 year old .i am married but don't have a child. Recently I have been diagnosed with a 7 cm cyst in my left ovary which is hard in nature. Doctor whom I am consulting is saying me to get operated. Whay should I do .when asked they are saying that the decision of removing cyst or ovary or uterus will be taken during the time of operation in the operation table. If the uterus ic removed I can not conceive. So tell me what to do.
Hello doctor mane usg kraya h jisme ye likha h ki meri left ovary bulky h or hemorrhagic cyst h size 26*18 mm h please mujhe explain mey btayengy extract kya pro h ye or me kis doc k pas jau or meri age 24 h or me iska treatment jldi suru kru ya thoda ruk skti or mera kafi weight km hua h or thyroid report bi normal ai h.
Dr. suggested me to avoid non-veg while planning a healthy baby. May I know what harm can be caused by Having non-veg.
I'm a 24 year old girl having menstrual since 24 days. Taking ayurvedic medicines from 10 days not relaxed. Kindly advice me.
hormonal imbalance may b the cause of delayed periods in absence of pregnancy. What home remedies I should perform while waiting for it naturally.
What is laser laparoscopy? What are the chances of conceiving after this procedure? Does age matters to conceive? laparoscopy works for those who dosent have matured egg? please ans.
Hypertension or high blood pressure is common in pregnant women, even in those who have no previous history of high blood pressure. This leads to complications in about 6% to 10% of all pregnancies around the world. High blood pressure may develop before or after conception and as such needs special medical attention.
Hypertension prevents sufficient flow of blood to the placenta and this inhibits the normal growth of the fetus. This could result in low birth weight of the child. However, if diagnosed in time and treated properly, hypertension does not affect the child's health too much. There are various types of hypertension during pregnancies, such as:
1. Gestational hypertension
This type of hypertension is developed about 20 weeks after conception. There is no abnormality in urine or any signs of other organ damage (as is common with hypertension during pregnancy) but the condition can worsen and complicate very quickly. Pregnant women below the age of 20 and above the age of 40 are often diagnosed with high levels of blood pressure. Women who have heart or kidney conditions before pregnancy and women carrying more than one child are also likely to develop gestational hypertension.
2. Chronic hypertension
Chronic hypertension is high blood pressure which develops around 20 weeks before conception and does not normalize within 12 weeks after childbirth. The patient may also have been suffering from high blood pressure for a long time but the complications appear only during pregnancy because high blood pressure rarely exhibits symptoms without an associated condition.
3. Chronic hypertension superimposed with Preeclampsia
Women who have hypertension before pregnancy may develop even higher blood pressure levels during pregnancy. This leads to several health disorders like frequent headaches, fatigue and depression. Sometimes, protein is found in the urine.
Preeclampsia is often a serious complication of gestational pregnancy and affects about 5% to 7% of all pregnancies globally. Gestational pregnancy does not always develop into preeclampsia but it needs to be diagnosed and treated in time to avoid the complication. Women who have conceived for the first time or have a history of hypertension in the family are at a greater risk of preeclampsia. The symptoms of the condition are throbbing headaches, blurred vision, nausea and vomiting, pain in the upper abdominal region and shortness of breath. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Actually I did sex with my husband before 2 days and I took i-pill on same day. Right now we don't want any child. I am not very much sure about it,am I pregnant or not? Can you tell me how can check because I live alone here with my husband.
Being a mother is the greatest gift to womankind. With the most amazing feeling of being a mother, comes big challenges and responsibilities. The first and foremost being, keeping the baby safe and healthy. Providing babies their best start begins with breastfeeding. Doctors around the world recommend exclusive breastfeeding to begin within the first hour of a baby’s life and continue until six months.
A mother’s milk has no substitute. It is packed with amazing nutritional benefits, the absence of which can lead children at risk of malnutrition and various diseases. Breast milk is often being termed as complete food with added antibodies, enzymes, hormones and fatty acids extremely vital for a delicate immune system of an infant. Babies build their immunity in the first few years of their life and breast milk is critical to developing immunity.
UNICEF working on child’s rights and well-being world over promotes breastfeeding schemes across many countries.
According to UNICEF reports, a non-breast fed child is 14 times likely to die within first six months than an exclusively breastfed child. An estimated 8,20,000 children under the age of five could be saved each year with increased breastfeeding. However, Only 38% of infants globally are breastfed. Looking at India’s state, Malnutrition continues to be one of the greatest challenges. One cost effective, safe and smart intervention to curb malnutrition and decrease infant mortality is breastfeeding.
Let’s now look at the benefits of breast milk for infants and mothers:
- Breast milk is found to reduce the risk of respiratory tract infections, diarrhea, asthma, food allergies, leukemia, diabetes and celiac disease.
- Psychologists have long established the positive effects of mother’s touch in the emotional development of babies. In addition to this, breastfeed has positive effects on child’s cognitive development.
- Breastfeeding has amazing benefits for mothers. It is found to aid weight loss post pregnancy. It promotes better uterus shrinkage and delays menstruation. Lactating mothers naturally avoid pregnancy till they breastfeed. It reduces the risk of breast cancer, cardiovascular disease and rheumatoid arthritis later in life.
- Considering the benefits of this super natural milk, many countries have now adopted an international code of marketing of breast-milk substitutes. The code promotes breastfeeding and restricts marketing of infant formula milk. India along with many other countries signed it.
India has also begun with a baby friendly hospital initiative where hospitals educate new mothers regarding breast feeding and strictly discourage infant formulas wherever possible. The myth of feeding newborn babies with honey, water, sugar does more harm than good. Thus, it is vital to exclusively breastfeed the baby at least for six months before introducing other foods.
Ensure your child’s right to a healthy life through breastfeeding!
Vaibhavi homoeo clinic