Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kana. Kulandai Vel
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Kana. Kulandai VelYour feedback matters!
I have certain problems with my dental health. My molars have fallen and I have a decay in bones of some teeth.
Hi sir, my query is about teeth, my teeth has bit gaps between, is it possible to fill this small n minor gaps to get nice teeth. Is there any treatment to cover this minor gaps between teeth (only upper teeth)? Awaiting answer, thank you :)
I need root canal in 4 n 5 tooth. Please let me know your bestdiscounted price for root canal in 4 n 5tooth n ceramic caps for both. Let me know the no of sittings needed
I have had tooth sensitivity for almost an year now. It happens only when I consume cold stuff. For eg. When I have my milk and cereal in school (which I sip from a cup) I feel this sharp stinging sensation in my teeth which Is so bad that I can't talk and usually berry my head in my arms till the time it stops. To be honest, my dental hygiene hasn't been at its best this year but I'm trying my best to work on it. I would love to have my milk the way I did before. Thanks a lot for helping! *I had a root canal a few years ago, if that helps.
Hi I am 26 year old n I have to ask one question that in my right side part of a teeth I have done root canal treatment n can I know that I have to put a cap on the teeth which root canal is done so how much money I will have to spend for the cap n which cap is best for my teeth n another problem is that in my right side I was removed the upper last teeth over a 2 years ago n how much money would it take for fixing a new one teeth in my mouth n also tell me the quality of a teeth will it remain over long years or not so sir please answer my question so that I will do my treatment as soon as possible I am waiting for your answer .bye.
My Lower jaw teeth is straight & aligned correctly. Upper jaw tooth has a problem with alignment. I visited a Doctor who told me 4 tooth will be removed: 2 from upper & lower jaw. So I just want to confirm. Also I am 27 years old so if there will be an affect on the brain; headaches ;pain etc?
An ulcer is in my mouth below teeth. Help me to know what is this. Is this any type of cancer. Please advice
My front 1 teeth was little broken and I had done filup also doctor said if colour changes then I have to go for rct ,i have no pain in my teeth from the first day but colour has slight changed and rarely some people can notice. Do I have to go for rct? Do any kind of problem in future if I do not go for RCT and capping.
Plaque is a film that forms over the teeth. This film is sticky in nature and it is also colorless. It is formed due the presence of bacteria and materials secreted by the bacteria. Plaque has the potential to damage the enamel of the tooth. If plaque is not treated within a reasonable amount of time, then it becomes hard in texture and causes even more damage.
Reasons that cause plaque:
1. Failure to brush every day: This is the chief reason behind the formation of plaque. Teeth must be brushed twice every day in order to keep them clean and healthy. If food particles remain stuck in the groves of the teeth, they can lead to many problems, like cavities and plaque. Each area of the teeth should be cleaned with a suitable toothbrush. The insides of the teeth should not be neglected.
2. Failure to floss every day: Flossing is unfortunately not so common in India. Brushing helps to keep the teeth clean overall but it does not reach some of the spaces between the teeth. Flossing is therefore required to make sure that the plaque on the gum line and other problematic areas are removed.
3. Excessive consumption of sweet and sugary food: Foods like cakes, muffins, sweetmeats, cold drinks, ice creams etc contain carbohydrates which the bacteria tend to feed on. In the process of creating the film of plaque, they turn the sugar into acid, which causes damage to the tooth. Such foods should, therefore, be avoided as they cause plaque.
4. Avoiding natural foods that improve teeth: There are many natural foods which keep teeth healthy. Failing to include such foods in one's diet could lead to the formation of plaque. Fruits and vegetables like guava or carrots can serve this purpose.
5. Failing to visit the dentist regularly: Since dentists are experts when it comes to taking care of death, everyone should make sure to get dental checkups regularly. Even if one flosses and brushes regularly, plaque may still form. A dentist should be consulted regularly to check if any such formation has occurred. Failure to this may cause the formation of even more plaque and more damage.
Related Tip: The Chemistry between Calcium and Teeth?