Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Kamlesh KumarYour feedback matters!
My mother is suffering from spondylitis. Daily she suffer any problem. Someday she suffers a severe headache, someday a severe dizziness and today an intense pain in her back. Her shoulder and neck is very paining. She is unable to move her hands, sneeze.(Unke nus chad gai hai.) Please help. How to cure all this.
I Am having Back Pain. Though I think Its because of Studying Hard Without any support But What Should I Do Now?
In my backside some time its pain so much. I am taking medicine but it is still not working it is paining again.
I have neck pain from last 2 years. I have tried physiotherapy for 3-4 months. But it don't help. I am a 26 year old male and I work continuously on laptop/ PC. What should I do to prevent a serious neck related illness?
I do not have any space in between my legs. When I stand in attention position. So what to do to make a gape between my inner thigh.Please tell.
Dear Sir. From past one week. I am suffering from back pain, shoulders pain and even knees and other joints. All other symptoms are normal. I will ride the the bike for 40-50 kms in Bangalore traffic. Feeling tired and not getting proper sleep also. The regular pain killers are giving temporary relief but not fully. Kindly suggest me the best. Thanks.
Namaste. My father is suffering from knee pain for 1year esp. During folding it. He is taking tablets for tension problem but it is not a serious problem for him. Only some time he get tensed up but he is very kalm. What shall he do for knee pain?
Hello I had a accident. And had some injuries. Now pain is less, but when I was exercising (doing hand up-down) in shoulder something is like moving. When I asked doctor, he said my rib is broken. And gave tablet to cure it. What is your suggestion?
I am about 70. I am having severe back pain and I am unable to do routine work. Kindly help me what type of medicine I have to take to relive from pain. Further I am also having skin problem of itching in my legs and private parts. Also let me know the effective medicine. Thank you.
CRP - 56.5, having Osteoporosis in knee, feeling pain in shoulder & leg of 77 year's women. Taking collaflex pro, calcium carbonate, vitamin D3. Suffering from pain more than 3 month. What is the treatment?
I am 35 years old man I am suffering from diabetes and uric acid I have asthma from last 25 years these days I am suffering from gout and sugar what I have not to eat?
Hello sir, I have pain in my lower back .as at the end point of my back rib. It create problem in my sitting. I want to know that what is reason behind it. As I doing sitting job from 9-5 ,is it a reason behind my pain or anything else. Please do help me .and suggest me that what can I do?
Are you taking medicines for the treatment of Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis literary means porous bones or bones which have developed holes in them. This is an exaggerated terminology because in this condition the bones become thin, weak and less dense. This weakness causes them to break (fracture) easily during minor falls and injuries.
This problem affects both men and women but is more frequent and severe in women. It is estimated that every second woman over 50 years of age will have a fracture of backbone or hip or wrist in her lifetime due to osteoporosis.
Prevention is the best way of avoiding osteoporosis and is achieved by diet and exercise. One should have a good nutritious diet which gives you enough calcium, vitamin D and phosphorus like yogurt, paneer, and green leafy vegetables. Second is to have an active lifestyle by having all kind of exercises. Walking, stationary bikes, small weights, and yoga are recommended.
Once the disease occurs and osteoporosis sets in, one is usually prescribed medicines as there is almost no role of surgery. Even medicines will not improve whatever bones have been lost but will slow down further deterioration.
If you have been taking commonly prescribed medicines (Bisphosphonates-/ alendronate: used weekly or biweekly) for having low bone density, then you need to be cautious. Long-term use of these medicines has now been linked with problems in the jaw bone and atypical fractures of certain bones.
These problems are more likely to occur if a woman takes the medication on and on for many years, as happens with many women found to have osteopenia or strong family history of fractures.
The best way to prevent these complications is to give your- self a break. It is recommended that for osteoporotic women, with every decade of drug use, you should take a break of 1-2 years.
While women with milder problems and having osteopenia, should take a year-long holiday from these medicines after every five years. But always check with your doctor before starting or stopping these medicines.
Sir, I have muscles pain in mt legs and 99 fever from approx 2 weeks and when done some tests typhoid comes normal but esr is 56 mm per hour. So what does it mean does this rise in esr and fever is due to pain or something else there are no symptoms except these. Age 19 years male. I am feeling like muscles are torn from inside. Please help.
I am suffering from tennis elbow problem on my both hands elbow for 2-3 years. I did, physio, ate many medicines, had injection in elbow. But all in vein, please advice. Thanks.
I am 29 year old male I have pain in my jaw and neck before it was pain on chest both side my all the reports regarding chest al are ok positive I have done lipid profile I have done echo and all test regarding chest all are fine. What to do some times its pain on ear also.
Are you aware of a disease called osteoarthritis that is more likely to develop in case you are aging? Osteoarthritis is a disease, which affects the joints of your body. It occurs when the cartilages that protect and cushion your bones break down, causing swelling and pain, and may make you immobile. The chances of developing osteoarthritis increase with age as your cartilages start breaking down. Women who are beyond menopause are at a higher risk of getting this disease as they do not produce estrogen, which is essential for bone growth. There are several precautions you should follow for the prevention of osteoarthritis, especially if you are aged. They are as follows:
- Manage your occupational risks
- Certain jobs involve repetitive motions, which cause stress on your joints.
- If your job or occupation involves a lot of lifting, twisting, kneeling, and walking, you should consult a doctor.
- It is important for you to undertake exercises of low impact, which is very crucial for improving joint health, even if you are aging.
- You should choose activities that involve strength training along with stretching and aerobic exercise.
- Regular exercise helps in the slowing down or prevention of osteoarthritis. It helps you in maintaining healthy joints, reducing fatigue and pain, increasing your bone and muscle strength, and relieves stiffness.
- Maintaining a healthy body weight
- Excess weight is a primary risk factor for osteoarthritis, especially if you are aged. It cxauses extra stress on your joints that boosts the deterioration of your joint cartilage.
- If you are obese and overweight, your chances of developing osteoarthritis are more. Hence, you should lose extra weight for improving the symptoms.
- Although exercise is important for keeping your joints and muscles healthy, you should avoid overdoing them.
- Have a balanced lifestyle, and when your joints become achy or swollen, give them a break.
- Abstain from using your swollen joint for at least 12 to 24 hours after experiencing them. Letting your injured joint rest helps in reducing your risk of osteoarthritis.
- Fatigue increases pain in osteoarthritis patients, and hence you must sleep properly.
- Control your blood sugar
- Diabetes is considered to be an important risk factor for osteoarthritis in aged individuals.
- High glucose levels may boost the formation of molecules that make your cartilage stiff.
- Diabetes also triggers inflammation, and promotes cartilage loss.
- It is important for you to keep your diabetes and blood sugar levels under control for preventing osteoarthritis.
In spite of no specific cure for osteoarthritis, there are several ways of preventing and managing its symptoms. It is very important for you to maintain a healthy lifestyle and a balanced diet, and also to try and keep away from becoming obese.