Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. KamalakannanYour feedback matters!
My left ear gets clogged nowadays on regular frequency even if I am not having cold. I have tried using ear drops but after few days it again gets clogged. Kindly advise.
From my ear liquid is coming for 2 month. I consulted a doctor he told me I have strain in my eardrum. What should I do?
Boy is having enlarged adenoids. Do these need to be removed surgically. How big is this surgery. Boy also catches cold easily and snores heavily while sleeping. The body immunity is not too sound as well. Can these all be the beads of same rosary?
Any ailment can cause a breakdown of one's overall well-being due to the onslaught of related symptoms, and sinus problem is no different. Sinusitis refers to inflammation or swelling of the tissue that lines the sinus, which are passages filled with air and lie in the nasal tract.
Sometimes, these passages get blocked with germs, fluid and other elements that can give rise to infections and allergic reactions. Here are the ways in which this condition can affect your health:
- Related ailments: One of the most common outcomes of sinus blockage is common cold, which can happen when the passages do not get proper movement of air. Further, it can also cause allergic rhinitis which is also known as hay fever and comes with its own set of symptoms like a runny nose, blocked nose and ears, watery eyes and other signs. A build-up of nasal polyps can also take place in the blocked path of the sinus, while the nasal cavity can also shift, causing a deviated septum.
- Pain: We have many sinuses that are located in various parts of our head, including the areas above and below the eyes. As a part of the sinus attack, one may experience pain and fluid fullness in these areas. These regions can ache when there is a sinus infection. This pain can also be caused by the dull pressure exerted by inflammation, and the pain can then travel down to jaws, teeth and even between eyes.
- Headaches: The constant pressure and persistent pain in the various areas containing the sinus can lead to long term headaches which will be at their worst in the mornings. This is due to the fact that the fluids have been accumulating throughout the night. These headaches can get worse if there is a change in the temperature.
- Congestion: Congestion is also a common symptom of sinus infection. The swollen sinuses can lead to constrictions in the nasal passage, which can obstruct normal breathing. This will lead to congestion, which can also affect the senses of taste and smell.
- Cough and discharge: A patient suffering from a sinus infection may end up blowing his or her nose more often than normal. This will usually happen because a yellowing greenish discharge will drain into the nasal passages on a regular basis during the infection. When this discharge bypasses the nasal tract and reaches the throat, it can also cause persistent coughing. It is best to ask for medical intervention and practice steaming to relive the painful symptoms of this condition.
Dear Doctor, My mother (60yrs) was recently started pain in the nose. With the MRI scan dr said it is Adenoid Hypertrophy. And they gave few medicines and a nasal spray. Now its increasing the pain. What is the adenoid hypertrophy? If it is the case, will it cause pain? What is the proper treatment?
Hello, I have a very serious issue. Please help. whenever my husband and me do lips kiss than after that my husband and my self feels very cough in throat. My husband feels very pain in throat and when spit his cough then some blood comes with cough. And he feels very uncomfortable. Please provide solution for it .and which tests we have to do for proper treatment. Please guide.
Sir / Madam wax formation in my left ear is very high. This is too high that after a gap of approx two months my left ear become block & also very less audible. Then I am using " wax rid" liquid. It also takes 15-20 days for wax removal. please suggest something that this wax formation should be minimum.Please tell.
Hi I am 30 years old. M suffering lack of appetite from last 1 year. I feel like food stuck in my throat. Also feel morning sickness. N bitter mouth. please suggest.
My wife age is 51 years she is suffering from snoring last 1 year and also thyroid please give me correct suggestion.
I have a small hole near my ear, during bath soap and water goes inside and when I press it some semi liquid substance cones out with a pungent smell. Please advise what it is and the cure.
Dear sir My name is Rahul. My problem in my ear. My ear is problem when I driving bike in traffic please tell me solution. Thanks.
I have black heads as well as pimples on my face. I can't even eat oily food and fast food. I have sore throat and it is very painful. What can I do.
SIR, I AM HAVING BILATERAL MAXILLARY AND ETHMOID SINUSITIS CHANGES. WHAT I HAVE TO DO AND NOT TO DO. I ALSO REQUEST TO MENTION THE MEDICINES ALSO YOURS
Hello, Two months back, It started with chest congestion and than fever. After about 15 days my doctor diagnosed as bronchitis. He gave me antibiotics,anti-allergy, and seroflo 250. After few days it settled and again came back with irritation in nose and throat. Again I had antibiotic course for 10 days. After 5 days I started with irritation on nose and throat area and fever. This time I had X-ray and found out sinusitis, and IgE levels 830. Doctor gave me glevo500 -antibiotic, levocitrizine-anti-allergy and furamist for 10 days.Please suggest what to do I am fed up of taking antibiotics
I am 25 year old, i had a back problem from last many years and also a joint pain. and also sinus problem. please give me a appropriate recommendation. thanking you sir/madam.
From two days, one of her ears got blocked and cannot hear from that ear! What will be the cause for that? If it is do to ear glue, what medicine she should take?
The usual measures to treat sinusitis are sufficient to help cure the tooth pain in such cases.