Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kamalakannan
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KamalakannanYour feedback matters!
It's a myth that since a child's milk teeth are bound to fall off, they don't require any special care or dental treatment. Several researches and studies have proved that any decay or damage to a child's milk teeth leads to problems that affect the permanent teeth as well. Also, a mother's improper dental hygiene during pregnancy proves to be harmful for the developing baby. Here are some useful tips if you're planning a baby or if you already are a proud mother of one!
- Your dental health also contributes to your overall health. Just like you pay regular visits to your Gynaecologist during pregnancy, make sure you also find yourself a friendly, neighbourhood dentist to take care of yours and your child's teeth.
- The hormonal upsurge during pregnancy casts its effects on your gum health too. This leads to increased inflammation and plaque build-up in your oral cavity resulting in gazillions of bacteria in your mouth. What goes in your mouth, goes inside your body too. All these bacteria are transferred through the blood stream to your baby resulting in the following ill effects:
- Do not defer your dental treatment. Most dental treatments can be safely done during the second trimester. Any emergency dental problem can be taken care of after obtaining a consent from your gynaecologist.
- First visit, first tooth. The first milk tooh appears at 6 months of age and that's when you need to schedule your baby's first appointment with the dentist. Keep your kid's gum pads clean by wiping them with a clean wet gauze pad or wash cloth after every feeding. Start brushing your child's teeth with a kid-sized toothbrush when milk teeth begin to erupt. Don't let your child sleep with sweetened milk bottle or pacifier in the mouth.
- Be a role model. Overcome your own apprehensions related to dentistry and inspire your children to take care of their oral health. Good dental habits need to be taught at an early age. Monitor your kid's toothbrushing till 8-9 years of age. Teach them the importance of regular dental visits.
Follow these useful tips and pass on a healthy legacy to your child. A mother always wants to give the best of everything to her children and what's better than a healthy smile.
I had cleaning of teeth done. And plaque removed. But it lead to gap in between the teeth. What could be the reasons. And How to avoid that?
Hi my mom got boild in mouth near molar right teeth after taking tender coconut it was better but now again boild near left molar teeth took medcine in that cure is only five percent so please suggest me
An immune system disorder distinguished by dry mouth and dry eyes is known as Sjogren’s Syndrome. It can also cause dryness in places that require moisture, such as throat, nose and skin. Sjogren’s syndrome is often linked to other diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and lupus (disease in which the immune system destroys its own tissues and causes inflammations). Sjogren’s syndrome normally affects people over the age of 40, and it mostly affects women.
Sjogren’s syndrome has mainly two symptoms, and they include:
- Dry eyes: You feel like there is sand in your eyes as it burns and itches
- Dry mouth: You have difficulty speaking or swallowing
Sometimes, you might experience other symptoms as well, such as:
- Joint pain, stiffness and swelling
- Inflamed salivary glands
- Dry skin or skin rashes
- Vaginal dryness
- Continuous dry coughs
- Sustained fatigue
The exact cause of Sjogren’s syndrome is not known, but research strongly suggests that the autoimmune disease could be caused by genetic factors; especially if the illness has been found in more than one member of the family. Also, families with members suffering from type I diabetes, lupus and autoimmune thyroid disease can cause one or more members of the family to develop Sjogren’s syndrome.
The complications of Sjogren’s syndrome include:
- Dental cavities: Saliva protects the teeth from harmful bacteria that cause cavities. Since your mouth is dry, you become more susceptible to develop cavities.
- Yeast infections: Oral thrush, an oral yeast infection, is likely to develop if you have Sjogren’s syndrome.
- Vision problems: Dry eyes can cause corneal ulcers, sensitivity and blurred vision.
- Problems in the lungs, liver or kidneys: Inflammations can lead to bronchitis or pneumonia in your lungs; may cause cirrhosis or hepatitis C in your liver; and may lead to kidney malfunctions.
- Lymphoma: Some people with Sjogren’s syndrome might develop lymphoma, or lymph node cancer.
Sjogren’s syndrome is either treated with drugs, or with surgery. Doctors may prescribe drugs to increase the production of saliva and to treat inflammations. Alternatively, surgery is done to either seal the tear ducts or insert silicon or collagen plugs to close the ducts temporarily. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I am brushing twice a day but my teeth was looking yellow colour soo doctor you can do anything suggestion for me.
Dental implants are basically replacing your teeth roots. In dental implants anchors are used which are actually a cylindrical screw like object. This is put in your lower and upper jaw bones through surgery and they work like stable bases for artificially replaced teeth. (Learn how to Avoid Yellowing of Teeth)
Dental implants can be of many types and the types of implants vary on the method of surgery.
Some prominent types of dental implants are:
Endosteal: In this method screws, blades or cylinders are surgically inserted in the jawbone. Every implant can hold one or more artificial teeth.
Subperiosteal: Through this process, artificial teeth are on the top of a jawbone by a metal framework. People who cannot wear artificial dentures and have a short bone height prefer this method.
Dental implants come with many advantages, some of the advantages may include:
Improved Appearance: Surgically implanted teeth feels like your own teeth, at the same time they also look better.
Improved Speech: With badly fitted dentures (learn more about regular care for dentures) you have chances to slur or mumble your words but with dental implants, it is easier to speak.
Improved Comforts: Dental implants are very comfortable; you will not find any difference with your own teeth.
Comfortable Eating: As it feels like your own teeth, you find no difficulty whilst chewing, and you can always enjoy your favourite food.
Improved Confidence: After dental implants, you will smile lot more than before and that will happen because of your regained self-esteem.
Durability: Dental implants last many years and if you take good care then it can last for your lifetime. Sometimes people choose dental implants for its durability.
Convenience: Although this process lasts for a very long time, you can replace it or change it anytime you feel like you are having any problem regarding it.
There are also some different processes through which dental implants can be done. It depends on your problems and needs.
Some processes may include:
Replacing one single tooth: if your one tooth is missing then one crown and one implant would be enough.
Replacing many teeth: if you are having problems with several teeth, then a full bridge of dentures can be used.
Replacing all your teeth: if it is needed then all your teeth can be replaced.
Sinus Augmentation: this one is a little difficult process, it helps to develop bones for dental implants. It also develops the quality of your bone.
Dental implants are very successful now. It is durable and good looking. After the implant the artificial teeth feels like your own teeth and it is very easy to handle.