Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Kamala KannanYour feedback matters!
I am 25 year female and am facing some issues in my right ear. I can't hear properly. I have fever throat pain and coughing. What should i do?
It seems I have lost my sense of smell or about to lose it, I am 28 male my mom has already lost her smelling sense since many decades both have passive hepatitis b.Plesae suggest
Hello Doctor I am 29 year old man I have nose allergies problem last 4 month and infection for dust what should I do please tell me.
I have the problem of some fluid leaking from my left ear for more than 15 yrs. Ent specialist di agonized that there is hole on drum of the ear and surgery is required. Please advise.
Everytime I drink coffee, I eat sweets, my chest hurts, I feel dizzy, headaches, or sometimes im like high. Is this a serious problem.
Is apple cider vinegar helps to cure sinus blockage and other viral infection? What is the intake amount? How should I drink this?
Sir I'm 30 years male. On 15th July morning I got severe right shoulder pain and little throat infection I neglected it. Again pain on only left shoulder on 16th July evening. On 17th evening I got cold with running nose and cough. On 18th I got fever and severe headache. My heart rate is 115bpm. What is my problem? Please suggest something. Doctor has prescribed following tabs Vedox CV, dolo 650, esomeprazole, mysolone and maintain lc.
My left ear is closed. May be because of wax. I have tried sol ear wax for a month now and still doctors say that wax is too deep continue sol ear wax drops. I do not what should I do to clean my ear. It does not pain but its like I am temporary deaf. Please help me.
My son is 13 years old now, but since childhood he has a problem that he frequently bleeds from noise and specially during summers. So I want to know the reason and remedy. And also want to know seriousness about it.
I am experiencing some buzzing and (or) ringing sound in my ear. Earlier I was diagnosed with serious otitis media and now this situation persists. Am I suffering from tinnitus or it will fade with time?
Are you feeling lightheaded, unbalanced or woozy lately? Are you having strange sensations in the ears and eyes? These indicate that you are suffering from dizziness, a condition affecting the body’s sensory organs. It can cause fainting at times as well. It is not a disease, but a symptom of several disorders. Dizziness is caused by inner ear disturbances, effects of medication, motion sickness and underlying health conditions, such as poor blood circulation, infections or injuries.
Test and diagnosis
If you feel dizzy for a prolonged period of time or if the dizziness occurs and reoccurs, a special treatment is required. This is because dizziness may make you prone to several risks in everyday life. Several tests are carried out to find out the cause of the dizziness. If a stroke is suspected, an MRI scan or CT scan is carried out. A physical examination is undertaken in which the way you walk and balance are observed and the nerves of the central nervous system are checked. Hearing and balance tests may also be required, which are as follows:
- Eye movement testing in which the path of the eyes is observed while tracking an object in motion. An eye motion test may be given where cold and warm water is placed in the ear canal.
- Head movement tests are carried out when benign paroxysmal positional vertigo is suspected.
Treatment of dizziness includes medicines, therapies and balance exercises.
- Water pills are prescribed when a patient has Meniere’s disease, which helps in reducing dizziness.
- Antihistamines provide temporary relief from dizziness.
- Head position maneuvers: A technique known as canalith repositioning helps in resolving dizziness quickly. It can be performed by a doctor, therapist or audiologist. The position of the head is maneuvered in the process.
- Balance therapy: Several exercises help in making the body’s balance system lesser sensitive to motion. This technique, known as vestibular rehabilitation, is used for people suffering from dizziness due to inner ear conditions.
- Psychotherapy: This therapy may be used for patients who experience dizziness because of anxiety disorders.
- Use of antibiotics: An antibiotic by the name of gentamicin may be injected in the inner ear for disabling the balance function. The unaffected ear performs that function.
- Other procedures: A procedure known as labyrinthectomy may be used for disabling the vestibular labyrinth in the affected ear.
If you experience dizziness continuously, it is important for you to visit an ENT specialist. An ENT specialist deals with problems related to the ear, nose and throat and will be able to provide you with the best diagnosis and treatment for dizziness.