Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Kamala KannanYour feedback matters!
You know that breathing is very much integral to staying alive. It is the only visible symptom that you are alive. Breathing helps in providing oxygen to the body which is essential to carry out various physiological processes. The nose is the organ through which we breathe and should be kept clean so that it does not interfere with the breathing process or cause any sort of breathing difficulty.
Therefore, cleaning your nose on a regular basis is very important in terms of improving your health and increasing your lifespan. Cleansing your nose on a regular basis can improve the quality of breath and help in protecting your breathing passage as well.
Ayurvedic treatment: Neti
Generally Ayurvedic techniques are considered to be the safest ways to clean your nose. Neti in Ayurveda is a cleansing procedure, which involves using a modified cup referred to as a nasal rinse cup. The cup is filled with water or saline solution and is normally used to clear the breathing passages or the nostrils in particular. Neti is administered in the following steps:
- Prepare a saline solution by taking a quarter teaspoon of table salt and dissolve it in a cup of boiled and cooled or distilled water. You also need to take care of the fact that the salt is non-iodized.
- After preparing the solution you need to put it in the 'Neti' cup. Then put the nozzle of the vessel firmly against one of your nostril in such a way that the water does not leak out.
- Breathe in and out steadily through your mouth.
- Lift the pot and tilt it in a manner such that water enters your nostril. After half of the water has passed into your nostrils, remove the nozzle and let the water to run out of your nostril.
- Blow your nostril to remove any moisture that is left inside.
- Repeat the process with the other nostril.
It is very important to ensure that your nostrils are fully dry and no moisture is present inside as it might lead to further complications such as infection and inflammation within the nasal or the sinus cavities. It has been observed that using a nasal rinse cup during cold seasons helps to reduce nasal congestion to a great extent. Excessive cough or mucus can also be cleared up by using this particular method. It also helps to improve the quality of breath and it also helps you to relax and stay calm.