Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Speech Therapy Treatment
Suggest me Best Calcium Tablets with Vit D . Should I go with SHELCAL-CT/SHELCAL 500G. I have joint pain.
Hello doctor When I do gym my leg fingers are automatically coming close and it's paining too much and when I swim more then 30mts that time also same pain ,can you please help me.
His knees and his hands bones are weak. He feels pain whenever he wake up in tbe morning what should he do?
I am 29 years old male, I have severe toe pain daily early morning when I wakeup. I have cracks in my toe and thumb finger of both legs. I feel very difficult to walk immediately after I wake up.
I'm 20 years old, pain in legs from last 2 days, feeling weakness, mucus, li'l headache, low hunger. Pls tell me what these symptoms says!
I'm 49 years. Old and I have pain in left leg starts from hip joint. I consulted 5-6 doctors and they are in opinion of sciatica pain. I got mri test, xray etc. Now it is cleared that my both hip bones (ball) are damaged and it is required operation to replace ball. This pain starts form hip to bottom. Kindly advise please.
I dislocated my right shoulder on 22 july. It was my first shoulder dislocation. After closed reduction I was advice to keep it in a sling for 3 weeks. Now I'm doing physiotherapy that includes some rotator cuff exercises. My question is will my shoulder dislocate again? Do I need to undergo shoulder surgery to prevent further dislocation?
I am suffering from joint pain every day from last 1 year. My both legs always pain daily. My family Dr. told me that I have arthritis. Due to that my full body joint and muscle stiff. Pls advice me medicine.
My legs are paining so much and its getting much paine in my foot, and I'm also a diabetic patient, in nights I used to move my legs for my pain its unbearable, how to overcome with this pain.
The shoulder is one of the most important joints in the body that uses a ball and socket to join the arm to the rest of the body. Any pain can make it difficult to carry out motion in a comfortable manner. The shoulder consists of the long arm bone called the humerus, the collarbone or the clavicle, as well as the shoulder blade called the scapula. A layer of cartilage provides essential padding to the bones in this area and its two main joints. There are a number of issues that can cause shoulder pain. Let us get to know the six most common ones.
- Rotator Cuff Injury: This is the most common cause of shoulder pain and it occurs when the four muscles or the tendons are injured. These muscles and tendons usually control the movement of the arm. This injury can involve strains and tears which may also be caused by constant lifting of heavy objects.
- Rotator Cuff Tendonitis: This condition affects the tendons and muscles that help in moving the arm freely. This usually happens due to inflammation in the tendons. It is commonly experienced by patients who are actively involved in sports and other heavy physical pursuits in their line of work.
- Frozen Shoulder: This is a debilitating condition that restricts the free movement of the arm and is also known as adhesive capsulitis. When the shoulder tissues become too thick, it leads to the growth of scar tissue that hinders proper movement and causes pain.
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is a condition that comes as part of aging bones that also become hollow and brittle over the passage of time, which leads to joint and bone pains in various parts of the body. It is a degenerative disease that is caused due to prolonged wear and tear as well as other factors including family history and sports injury.
- Bursitis: This condition is known to affect the fluid filled sacs that lie in between the joints. These are known as bursae. When the bursae suffers from swelling, the effect usually shows up as pain in the joints.
- Tendon Sheath Inflammation: The fibrous tissue that connects the bones and the muscles is called a tendon. The presence of the tendon makes it possible to pursue activities like running, jumping, lifting, gripping and more. It is protected by a sheath known as synovium, which also lubricates the same. Any injury or tear to this sheath can cause shoulder pain.
Acute and persistent pain that does not abate and gets even worse should be treated with immediate medical intervention.
Related Tip: "What Does Neck and Shoulder Pain Indicate?"