Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kamal Raj
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Kamal RajYour feedback matters!
I am unable to breathe sometimes and I am getting tired easily. I am also having joint pain and bad breathe what should I do?
My wife stomach center is tight and upper hua hai like as hernia and pain left side and wife use abortion pill as per doctor perception after 6 weak and abortion complete last weak successfully but stomach is very fat and stomach center hole very tight out like as nine month pregnancy. What are doing for hernia.
My father is 80+ and diabetic regularly he complains about joint knee pains and numbness. My doubt is can he take calcium supplements daily is it safe? Or can you advice me any other effective medicines for knee joint pains. Thanks waiting!
Hand pain is a common problem, and there is scarcely any individual who has not suffered from it. The advancement of medical science has progressed to such an extent that one cannot name an ailment which cannot be managed or treated. But for that, it is very crucial to determine the causes of the problem, and hand pain is no exception to this problem.
Different forms of arthritis along with its related conditions affecting the bones, muscles, and joints can lead to issues such as numbness, stiffness, pain, and inflammation in the wrist, fingers, and hand. Here are some of the most common disease-related cause that can pave the way for pain in wrists and hands.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome: This condition arises when the nerve running from the forearm into the hand called the median nerve becomes compressed in the carpal tunnel in the wrist. This nerve is in charge of supplying sense to the palm and thumb side. When it gets compressed, the affected individual may experience pain and weakness in the hand which radiates towards the upper arm.
- Osteoporosis: When the bones start losing mass, they become brittle and prone to breaking even in the slightest trauma. The wrist bones are the most susceptible ones when it comes to fracture arising from osteoporosis. This condition is more commonly seen among aged people who are also suffering from an inflammatory disease like rheumatoid arthritis, lack of physical activity and low-calcium diet.
- Scleroderma: It stands as an umbrella term depicting the abnormal growth of connective tissue that supports the skin and internal organs. There are different forms of scleroderma, and all of them lead to the hardening, tightening and thickening of the skin covering the fingers known as sclerodactyly.
- Ganglion cysts: These refer to the cysts which are formed next to the tendons or joints in the wrists and hands. The most common location of this problem is at the base of the fingers, joints that are positioned closest to the nail, palm side of the wrist and top of the wrist. It can occur among people of any age, and they tend to come and go without any apparent reason.
- Gout: This is one of the most common forms of arthritis which was believed to affect the big toe only in the past years. But in recent years, it is seen to affect hands and other joints in the body as well. If left untreated, it may lead to lumps of uric acid underneath the skin of hands.
Different types of arthritis: There are various forms of arthritis right from psoriatic arthritis to rheumatoid arthritis to juvenile arthritis to reactive arthritis that may cause pain in hand.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!