Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kamal
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. KamalYour feedback matters!
I have a pain in my left side of chest my left shoulder also pain sometime our family also have cholesterol problem my age is 18 what could it be.
Allergic rhinitis is characterized by symptoms of a runny nose, congestion, itchy eyes and sneezing. This disorder is usually caused by allergens such as pollen and dust. Commonly known as hay fever, allergic rhinitis may exhibit the following symptoms:
The symptoms of allergic rhinitis are:
- You may experience a runny nose and congestion in the nose
- You may have allergic conjunctivitis where your eyes turn itchy and watery
- Persistent coughing
- Symptoms of sneezing
- Swelling may develop underneath the eyes
- You may have an itchy nose
- Constant signs of fatigue
Allergic rhinitis or hay fever causes the immune system to recognize certain airborne substances as harmful. The immune system in the body starts to form antibodies to combat these irritants. The antibodies cause the body to release “histamine”, a chemical that triggers the symptoms of allergic rhinitis.
The various triggers that may cause allergic rhinitis are:
- Dust mites
- Tree pollen
- Grass pollen
- Spoors from outdoor and indoor fungi
- Ragweed pollen
The treatment for this disorder is to avoid exposure to the triggers. Mild symptoms of this disorder may be treated with over-the-counter medications whereas severe symptoms may require prescription medications.
The various medications for allergic rhinitis are:
- Antihistamines: Antihistamines may be administered as pills or nasal sprays; these medications can help with itching and sneezing. Antihistamines help in limiting the effects of histamine in the body.
- Nasal corticosteroids: These prescription medications can help treat itching and inflammation in the nose. They are usually the first medications that are administered.
- Decongestants: Decongestants are over-the-counter medications that can be used to treat congestion in the nose. You should be careful not to overuse these medicines as they can increase blood pressure.
- Allergy shots: If medications do not relieve symptoms of allergic rhinitis, the doctor may prescribe allergy shots to treat the disorder. The injections contain allergens in small amounts which are injected over a period of time; this causes the body to get used to these allergens, resulting in a reduction of the symptoms. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Im having chest pain for last 3 days. Thought it may be acidity. Took antacids and pain killer but no effect. What should I do? please help.
My Mother has weakness and not able to walk since she feels as if she does not have legs, still she walk, her age is 69 she has High BP problem and recently she had fever cold and cough. Last week she was admitted also due to high BP problem but got discharge since 2D echo test was normal. Please suggest whom should I concern. She is able to walk but since due to weakness in legs she is not able to walk much.
My mom has problem of blood pressure and joints pain in hand, back. So which medicine in homoeopathic medicine take?
Hello sir, I am suffering from chest pain and my body feels so much tired please suggest me how I cure it.
Does olive oil prevent heart disease? Short answer: Yes The health benefits of olive oil come from the presence of polyphenol, antioxidants that reduce the risk of heart diseases and cancers. But to get these healthy compounds, consumers should buy good-quality, fresh" extra-virgin" olive oil, which has the highest polyphenol content. Most commercially available olive oils have low levels of polyphenol associated with poor harvesting methods, improper storage, and heavy processing.
I just checked my cholesterol level. Here are the results Below. Total cholesterol - 231 mg/dl LDL cholesterol direct - 148 mg/dl TC/HDL Cholesterol ratio- 6.3 VLDL Cholesterol -43.6 mg/dl LDL/HDL ratio -4 NON HDL cholesterol - 194.38. Is there any high risk? Do I need to urgently see a doctor?
Hypertension usually refers to high blood pressure. This may lead to severe complications and increase risk of stroke , heart disease and death . It may even damage one's body before symptoms develop.Treatment and lifestyle changes can help control high blood pressure to reduce further risk of life-threatening complications.