Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Dr. Kalpana SuryakumarYour feedback matters!
I have a boy friend. He is my closest friend too. But nowadays he ignored me a lot. He also did this. But this time he doesn't want me anymore. I try to forget him. But I can't. As I have very few friends and they are always busy with their boy friends, they can't give me time. I feel so depressed. So lonely. He insults me all the time. I just want to forget him. I disturb him unintentionally. like I call him or text him. Thus I make him angry. Our relationship is 2.6 years old. We r same aged. Sometimes I feel I am a psycho that's why I disturb him and make him angry and day by day I am losing my self-respect. we are not in any kind of physical relationship. Still I can't forget him. Pls help me doctor. Am I a mad?
I have been diagnosed with anxiety neurosis. It feels very uncomfortable at my left chest. Multiple ECG done. Nothing found. I am very negative. Thinks negative. M I developing any heart issues or its just in my mind? Pls advice.
I am a girl 19 years old. Since a few days I get irritated at small small things I think too much and that too negative thought is coming into my mind. I am suffering from stomach ache too. I do not know whether its evil eye or what but I also get blackout at times.
Hello sir. I have a query related to my mental issue. As doctors says I am suffering from ocd problem from last 2 yrs. There is no positive results are coming. There are 15 doctors treated me. And all are well experienced. So I am finally hopeless. Approx 14 hours I am sleeping in 24 hours. Because if I don't do this I just can't control my self. And there is no such thoughts are coming in my mind which are related to ocd. But it is true my problem was started with an word like- I wanted to forgot something and for this I was started to many things. And finally I have gone in very deep. But at this time I am not doing something for this but my illusion-"i have problem" are not going. Please answer me that is it any mental issues of human being are there that can't be treat.
I am a singer. And I have to perform in front of many peoples but. I found myself nervous all the time in front of people. My body starts shiver. I do not know why. I can not concentrate. Help.
Upon reaching adolescence, children's bodies undergo several changes and so do their minds. It is then that their minds are most, as well as least impressionable. And the daunting question regarding the upbringing of an adolescent is how to treat their constantly changing behavior?
Here are some of the tantrums adolescents more commonly throw, and what should ideally be your approach to it:
- Your child seems to hate you: It is very common for a phase of emotional exclusionism to prevail between 16-17 years of age approximately. And the worst thing you could do is heighten that emotion by returning the hatred. Make sure you're firm against any extremely unacceptable behavior, but at the same time, show them that you're there for them no matter what.
- Electronic devices become the center of their attention: Whenever you want to have an earnest conversation with your children, their attention seems to be drawn solely to their phones and computers. They feel the need to be connected to their friends and all times. Ways to monitor that are by setting limit to the maximum hours spent on devices or making them pay their own bills, which will make them more responsible rather than splurging unnecessarily. Also, if your child is not entirely secluded from the family, it is probably best not to interfere all the time.
- Ignoring the curfew: Your kids often stay out later than the set limit. But it is quite possible that your curfew is unreasonable when compared to other parents' curfew. Find out what the average time limit is; it may prevent your child from bearing a grudge against you. In case they still fail to respect your curfew, make sure you spill out to them what the consequences can be, like being grounded for a week. However, in certain cases, your child may be spending time doing nothing constructive, but away from home. There may be something else going on, find out what that is.
- Being friends with the wrong people: Sometimes it might happen that you think some children do not have a good influence on your child, but you cannot say that directly because adolescents tend to get very defensive about their choice of friends. Unless the adolescent is doing something harmful with the friend, like using drugs, let him exercise his choice. Otherwise, don't hesitate from seeking professional help to counsel your child.
- Being over-dramatic: Every emotion is heightened in your child and you cannot tell them that what they are whining or being overjoyed about are trivial, because that's their prime focus then. Let them realize on their own how irrational they sound or else you may risk spoiling your relation with them.
What is the solution for anxiety. And mood swing or fear of death always. Can weak heart become a strong heart.
I am suffering from nerve depression what should I do. Which tonic is helpful to solve my problem? Please advise.
I want to left smoking bt can not do that. Daily I smoke 5-6 cigrate. How to control on this. Could you please give a suggestion for this. And from lst 6 years m smoking cigrate.
I keep forgetting things very often. When I am told to something, I forget what I was doing previously and I make a lot of silly mistakes. How can I overcome this?
Hi sir, I'm married woman age 25 and I hv the problem that I smoke I want to quit dis smoking bt every time its fail. I hv also try medicine for dis. Please sir tell me what to do. Help me in dis.
I get angry at small things and cant control it. I even get violent once angry. I wish I could control my angle but I cant.
Hi I am 36 years old healthy male with no or zero health problems. I eat in moderation and hit gym 5 days a week. Yes job related stress a there in life which I think is a normal thing. My wife often complains/points out that There a lack of natural glow on my face. Please suggest how can I have the same?
My mother is suffering from bipolar disorder-mania for many years starting from age 18. Now around 49. It's normal most of the time but will happen many time in a year and will continue for one or two weeks. Is there any permanent solution or new findings or medicins for this problem sir. I'm at 27 now. Son.is there any possibility of inheritance for me in any manner in future sir? I have a sister at 28 also normal now.
I am 24 year girl. I am engaged someone since last ten year. But now at present our relationship become very bad stage. Whenever I want to doing any good things but after all result become negative. And after that I feel guilty and frustration. When I feel that he can't understand my feelings than become I heart and punished myself for our satisfaction. Now for all reason my thinking is become so negative regarding him or my self. please suggest any solution.
Feelings of shyness or discomfort in certain situations aren't necessarily signs of social anxiety disorder, particularly in children. Comfort levels in social situations vary, depending on the individual's personality traits and life experiences. Some people are naturally reserved and others are more outgoing.
In contrast to everyday nervousness, social anxiety disorder includes fear, anxiety and avoidance that interferes with your daily routine, work, school or other activities.
Emotional and behavioral symptoms
Signs and symptoms of social anxiety disorder can include persistent:
Fear of situations in which you may be judges worrying about embarrassing or humiliating yourself concern that you'll offend someone intense fear of interacting or talking with strangers fear that others will notice that you look anxious fear of physical symptoms that may cause you embarrassment, such as blushing, sweating, trembling or having a shaky voice avoiding doing things or speaking to people out of fear of embarrassmentavoiding situations where you might be the center of attentionhaving anxiety in anticipation of a feared activity or even spending time after a social situation analyzing your performance and identifying flaws in your interaction expecting the worst possible consequences from a negative experience during a social situation
For children, anxiety about interacting with adults or peers may be shown by crying, having temper tantrums, clinging to parents or refusing to speak in social situations.
Performance type of social anxiety disorder is when you experience intense fear and anxiety only during speaking or performing in public, but not in other types of social situations.
Physical signs and symptoms can sometimes accompany social anxiety disorder and may include:
Fast heartbeat set stomach or cause trouble catching your breath dizziness or conversations dating attending or feeling" out of body" diarrhea muscle tension
Avoiding normal social situations
Common, everyday experiences that may be hard to endure when you have social anxiety disorder include, for example:
Using a public restroom interacting with strangerseating in front of othersmaking eye contactinitiating conversationsdatingattending parties or social gatheringsmissing work or schoolentering a room in which people are already started returning items to a store
Social anxiety disorder symptoms can change over time. They may flare up if you're facing a lot of stress or demands. Although avoiding anxiety-producing situations may make you feel better in the short term, your anxiety is likely to persist over the long term if you don't get treatment.