Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kalpana Suryakumar
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Kalpana SuryakumarYour feedback matters!
For depression-anxiety, I am prescribed Venlor XR 150 mg 1-0-0 and for my schizophrenia, I am prescribed Fluanxol 1 mg 1-0-0 and 3 mg 0-0-1. There is lot of relief. As I am having a lot of tension, I am prescribed espazine 1 mg 1-1-0. My question is whether espazine react with the above mentioned drugs or is it contra-indicated. Please confirm.
Have you been stressed out lately and feel like you have lost your mental peace? You should consider trying yoga for reviving your peace of mind. Yoga poses integrate a combination of physical health and spiritual health, which allow you to cope with the various tensions you experience in everyday life. You get a calm and relaxed state of mind and your sense of both internal and external well-being also improves. Here are the best yoga poses, which help you bring mental peace.
- Anjaneyasana - high lunge: For performing this yoga pose, you should stand up straight and bend forward on one of your knees, keeping your other leg stretched behind. Your arms should be held above your head, and you must inhale and exhale all the time. This pose gives you positive energy, which enhances mental power and strength.
- Anjaneyasana - low lunge: This yoga pose involves the bending of one knee in a low lunged position, keeping the forward knee flexed at a 90 degree angle. Your arms should be stretched. This yoga asana is good for increasing your mental focus, and helps in releasing all sorts of tensions. It is very effective for total mental peace.
- Garundasana - eagle pose: This is a high level yoga pose that helps in improving your concentration and balance. All negative mental energy you possess get dispelled. It involves a chair pose, with one of your left arm wrapped around another. Your arms should stay entwined. This asana enables you to develop mental and physical harmony, which results in inner peace.
- Natarajasana - dancer’s pose: This is another effective yoga posture, which helps in boosting your concentration power. It involves standing on one leg while you bend forward having one arm stretched in front, and another grabbing your foot of the leg, which is raised.
- Virabhadrasana - warrior pose: This yoga pose aims at combating your inner conflicts in order to attain a relaxed mental state. You need to stand on one leg, bend forward, raise your other leg, and clasp your hands behind your back. This practice is effective in eliminating negative emotions, which upset your mental peace.
- Urdhva prasarita eka padasana - standing split pose: This yoga asana involves standing with one of your legs resting on the ground, while the other one is extended upwards. Blood rushes to your head, which improves your mental functions. You also experience a serene state of mind, which is important for a sound mind.
Apart from these, the Adho Mukha Vrksasana or the Handstand is also effective for attaining mental peace. Here, you need to propel your body upwards, supporting your entire body weight on your hands.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
From the last one year I am facing a situation, I can control my dreams. In my dreams I pinch myself and get to know its a dream. When I feel no pain I start enjoying dream. I do whatever I want to do, I fly in dreams, kill people, hav sex, use magical powers, buy things, visit places so, every night is a excitement for me and as a result I like dreams more than reality. But during day I am all right. I do my daily tasks job, study and family responsibilities. Why this? I am afraid some day I might become a psycho? please explain.
Don’t like social gatherings? Have you always been the one who avoids family get together? If your answer is affirmative, then you are probably suffering from Avoidant personality disorder (APD). Avoidant personality disorder is a psychological condition wherein, one feels extremely shy. Becoming overly sensitive to rejection and developing feelings of inadequacy are common signs of this disorder. This disorder can lead to problems in your work life and relationships.
With APD, the commonly surfacing symptoms would include disapproval and disregard of situations and people, rejection and embarrassment. It generally gets very difficult for the one to get acquainted with new people and form intimate relationships. One generally ends up misinterpreting people’s comments and criticism thus, feeling angry and frustrated all the more.
The exact cause of APD has not been established yet. It is believed that environmental and genetic factors play a role in this disorder. People who are inherently shy and reserved are usually prone to developing this psychological anomaly.
How do you treat APD?
- Psychotherapy: Cognitive behavioral therapy is a treatment option for APD wherein, the doctor counsels on how to change one’s thinking patterns and thought process, thus, influencing his/her actions.
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy: Psychodynamic therapy involves you becoming aware of the unconscious thoughts. It helps you figure out how your past experiences frame your behavior. Your past emotional pains can be resolved with this technique so that you can move ahead with your life.
- Medications: Anti-depressant medications used to treat depression and anxiety can be used to treat APD. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.