Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Kalpana SureshYour feedback matters!
I have not comfortable now for next 30 days And my eyes become red today. And my body is become red.
I have red eye for 5 months and I take many medical treatments but no effect. Provide me the guidance of treatment.
Hi, I am 23 year female. I spilled vodka in my eye which is causing irritation in it. What shall I do?
I feel itching in my eyes. Sometimes I am unable to open them properly. (My eyesight is 6/6.) What is the problem?
My eye lids are lowering. Both eyelid mussels are weak & I guess it is hereditary as it was to my mother. Any treatment for this?
It's a question pertaining to my husband not me. He is 30 years old and underwent a scleral buckle just yesterday, I want know the do's and don'ts.
I am Parvindra (21) year old man. I get pain in my eyes and in my back when I wake up in the morning. What should I do?
Doctor I have a great problem I feel very bad all the time From my hands water is coming all the season it's liked that only And some it getting more and some time my eyes becoming blind that I feel very week I feel like I don't have power in my body so please do some thing give some tips to me.
I have suffering from eye right problem some time I adjust feeling pain on mine mind and some pressure also realize on my mind please solve it.
I have mine right eye vision low that was 6/9 and my left eye 6/6 what should I do for making 6/6 vision of right eye I don't want goggles any options?
Hi. My mother is diabetic ,and her blood sugar level is mostly high. Her vision is getting poor. What can be done as to maintain both her blood sugar level and healthy eyesight?
Meri left eye me ek black dot last 6 months se vision me dikhai de rha hai, mene pahle bhi treatment krwaya tha, lekin koi asar nhi pda. Mene April me chekup krwaya tab result:- right eye- sph. -1.5 cyl. -3.0 Axis 15 degree left eye- sph. -1.5 cyl. -2.0 Axis 180 degree. Mene aaj fir se chekup krwaya, result:- right eye- sph. -1.00 cyl. -3.50 Axis 10 degree left eye- sph. -1.25 cyl. -3.00 Axis 180 degree. Muje doctors ne black dot ki vjah ya uske treatment ke bare me kuch bhi nhi bataya. Sirf lense change krne ki advice di. Ab muje kya krna chahiye? Kya ye serious problem hai?
I have red eyes for last 3 days. What should I do? I am suffering from this. Please give me some suggestions.
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose.
Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes. Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in rigorous physical activity. Contact lenses are free from all these hassles - they are not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles is very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect - they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance - they help you look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient.