Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KalpanaYour feedback matters!
The child is female of 10 years old, is thin and lean. She is not putting up weight and very little interest in educational activities. She is very dull and not interested in any outdoor activities. She has fever with cough frequently and also complaining of loose stools many times.
I have severe night time back pain and knee muscle pain after the delivery of my baby. My weight is 65 kgs and height 5 ft. I breastfeed my baby in sleeping position. Please give some good medication.
My baby daughter is now 18 days old. But her complexion is dark. My son has a good complexion. He is 8 yrs old. Whoever. Sees my daughter is asking why is the child so dark. Which gets me hurted. Is there any solution for this. Mam. Or will the complexion change as time goes on.
Hi, I have 3 year old daughter. She is not gaining weight at all. She eats well but then to no growth. I' m very much worried. 2 months before I did some test in which the result was low hemoglobin and more count of wbc. Please help
I have twins of 2 yrs. Boy and girl among which girl is not eating any food. She only demands for milk or water. please suggest.
My 8 month old grand daughter is unable to hold or lift her head. What are the probable causes. Which check do you suggest for diagnosis.
My baby is born in 36 week and her birth weight is2. 1 kg .after birth she had small pda 2 mm ,asd 11 mm and sever pvh. And also enlarge heart .now she is turn 1 years but her weight is only 5.9 kg how to take care of baby for increase her weight and also doc suggest furoped medicine .is this medicine is good for baby?
I'm 29, I have one and half year baby, after delivery my weight is normal but now before 7 months onwards my weight is decreasing, wat the Reason, why I'm getting less weight, nw my weight is 37. Please help me I'm looking very very thin.
The partial or total inability to hear is known as hearing impairment or hearing loss. It can be present at birth, or develop later in life.
There are a number of factors, which may cause hearing loss
1. Age - Age is the biggest factor when it comes to the loss of hearing, and you may lose the ability to hear as you age. This condition is known as presbycusis. It becomes difficult to understand high-frequency sounds like that of a child or a woman when you get old.
2. Noise - When you are exposed to loud noises for a prolonged period of time, it damages your ears. This leads to loss of hearing. 5% of the total population of the world is affected by noise (the degree of suffering varies). It may be a result of continuous exposure to loud music or a sudden exposure to a loud noise like an explosion.
3. Hereditary disorders - Hearing disorder may be inherited by the dominant or recessive genes of parents in the child. 70-80% of these cases inherit from the recessive genes, whereas 20-25% inherit hearing loss from the dominant genes.
4. Trauma - Serious injuries of the head/ears may cause loss of hearing, which may be either temporary or permanent. When damage is caused to the brain, the brain fails to process the message conveyed by the ears. So even if the ears are totally functional, a person may face the problem in hearing.
5. Perinatal problems - The ototoxic effects on the fetus due to excess intake of alcohol during pregnancy lead to hearing the loss in about 64% of the infants born to alcoholic mothers.
Also, premature birth can be associated with hearing loss due to high risk of being exposed to noise in neonatal units.
Knowing about the causes of hearing loss can lead you a step closer to preventing this disorder as you age.
Here are some useful tips that can help prevent hearing loss:
1. Be more aware - You should be diligent and aware of the situations, which may risk your hearing ability and should try to avoid such situations as much as possible. Limit your exposure to sources of hazardous noises like firearms, firecrackers, concerts and clubs.
2. Take precautionary measures - If your occupation calls for working at an environment of loud noises, use earplugs or earmuffs to block out the excessive noise. Also, make sure that you work in a place where employers take all the necessary measures of noise control under the federal or state regulations.
3. Monitor your use of gadgets - Monitor and control the use of hearing devices, and try to reduce the use of headphones/ earphones as much as possible.
Related Tip: Why Do You Get an EAR Discharge?
My wife stopped breastfeeding to our baby on 8th feb 2016 and on 15th feb 2016 she found small lump on her right breast, she also feel pain in her right breast too. She had needed her baby for last two years. Her right breast is little big in comparison of left one. What kind of symptom is this, and tell us any treatment or home remedy for this problem.
My baby is 5 months old. He is suffering with cold from 5 days. Can I use salbutamol 2.5mg nebuliser? I have given paracetamol, phenylephrine, cpm combination with advice of pediatrition.?
My son who is 45 days old demands for breast milk more often. Sometimes in 1 hr interval and continues to drink for about 20 to 30 min. Will this overfeed my baby? Does this result in digestive problems?
My baby has completed six month. Please advice diet plan for him. N also how much quantity should be given initially.
Am breastfeeding mom to 2.6 years son. Sever back ache. L4 l5 upper stomach very heavy n lower abdominal dragged down. How to get rid of it n I am suffering from bronchitis. Shortness of breathing. Heavy flem. I feel my body total punchered. No stamina. please suggest.
Can I use diaper everyday for my new born baby? He gets irritated if I use cloth nappy and doesn't sleep properly.
Bedwetting or nocturnal eneuresis as it medically is quite common in children. Generally, bed-wetting before age 7 isn't a concern. At this age, your child may still be developing nighttime bladder control.
Bed-wetting is involuntary urination while asleep after the age at which staying dry at night can be reasonably expected.
Most kids are fully toilet trained by age 5, but there's really no target date for developing complete bladder control. Between the ages of 5 and 7, bed-wetting remains a problem for some children. But if it still continues after 7 its a matter of concern this means the nervous control over the bladder is not yet reached.
Causes of bed wetting:
Commonest of all is habits. Many children habitually ignore the urge to urinate and put off urinating as long as they possibly can
Urinary tract infection: the resulting bladder irritation can cause pain or irritation with urination, a strongeurge to urinate (urgency), and frequent urination (frequency).
Inability to recognize a full bladder. If the nerves that control the bladder are slow to mature, a full bladder may not wake your child — especially if your child is a deep sleeper.
Stress and Stressful events — such as becoming a big brother or sister, starting a new school, or sleeping away from home — may trigger bed-wetting.
Role of homoeopathy in bedwetting:
Homoeopathy works on the immune system. Homeopathic medicine will increase the muscle or nervous control and hence can cure it in a months time.