Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Accident Injuries Treatment
Head And Neck Cancer Surgeries
Anterior Segment Surgery
Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cancer Pain Management
Column Traumatology Procedure
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Submit a review for Dr. KaliyaperumalYour feedback matters!
My dad is 62 years old. He is suffering from burning sensation on the feet and throat since last year. We have consulted lots of doctors and completed several tests as well. Except vitamin b12 all other reports were normal. Doctor says its neuropathy and has prescribed medicines for the same but still the problems persist.
What are preventive measures for Parkinson's disease in old age? What are the measures to keep mental faculties sharp? What contribution a diet variation makes to keep the intellect in fine shape, particularly in old age?
I hav a migraine since 2005, from that time I hav consulted many doctors and as per advice I used the medicine SIBELIUM 10 Mg, during this period the migraine attack reduces but when I left the intake of medicine, the migraine attack increases. Now more than 12 years hav passed but still I suffer from migraine attacks.
Hello doc, it seems that I have a lot of headaches lately, I assume that it is migraine, what should I do to reduce the effects of migraine?
I am a 27 years old female. I have back pain (sit area) since last 2 years. Pain increase even sit on chair for half an hour. It is not tolerable. Yes. I suffering by neurological symptoms like numbness, paresthesia, weakness in limbs.
Carpal nerve syndrome in my right hand. Kindly suggest remedy and specialist contact details. Thanks.
I have a migraine problem lots of time my head are being sharp pain and my neck have not turn around give me a answer.
My hands and feet have numbness on and off even if a raise by hands or feet for few seconds. I haven't felt this before but now I am. Is this normal or I need to consult.
Parkinson's disease affects the part of the brain that controls muscle movement. The exact cause of this disease is not known, but there is a decrease in a chemical called dopamine in the brains of people with Parkinson's. There is no cure for Parkinson's, but it often progresses slowly and the signs can be managed.
The 4 most common signs of Parkinson's are:
- tremors or shaking when at rest
- muscle stiffness
- slowed movement or problems starting a movement
- problems with balance and movement
As these signs worsen, you may also have trouble walking, talking, swallowing or doing simple tasks such as bathing or dressing. As the disease progresses, other signs such as pain, bowel or bladder problems and sleep problems may occur.
When you start to show signs of this disease, you should consult a neurologist for diagnosis and start medicines. Then you should consult a physiatrist or rehabilitation physician for making rehabilitation plan to prevent early onset of disability. Rehabilitation plan contains medicines, physical therapy or specific exercises, occupation-specific advises brace, etc.
The physical therapist can help you learn exercises that can help you with movements.
You may need to work with your neurologist or physiatrist to make adjustments in your medicines to keep your signs controlled. Over time, many people have side effects from the medicines used to treat Parkinson's disease. You may also need occupational therapy or speech therapy to deal with signs as the disease progresses. As your signs get worse, surgery may be an option to reduce tremors.
Things you can do to manage your signs:
- walk slowly with a straight posture and with your legs further apart.
- Think about taking big steps to help keep your steps more normal.
- use a 4-prong cane or a walker if needed.
- if you become stuck or freeze in one place, rock gently from side to side or pretend to step over an object on the floor.
- place tape strips on the floor to guide you through your house.
- Remove area rugs and furniture from your walking path.
- stand up from a chair or bed slowly to avoid feeling dizzy or lightheaded.
When using the bathroom
install grab bars on the walls beside toilets and inside showers and bathtubs to help you stand up.
- use a shower chair inside the shower.
- install an elevated toilet seat to make standing up easier after using the toilet.
- shave with an electric razor.
- wear loafers or shoes with velcro.
- wear simple dresses or pants with elastic waistbands such as sweatpants.
When eating or drinking:
- use a cup with a large handle to make it easier to hold.
- use a bowl instead of a plate to limit spills and make it easier to scoop up food.
- Work closely with your rehabilitation team to manage your signs of Parkinson's disease. Rehabilitation can significantly improve your quality of life.
My hands and head will shakes lightly, I have no bad habits, my son also suffering with the same problem (age: 30yrs),help me
I m 28 years old male. I have migraine from 12 years and I m taking pain killers very frequently due to that (average 5 pain killers per week. Do they have adverse effects on my health. And what pain killers should I take cause I m taking ZUPARS for now, they mess up my digestion very badly every time I take them. please answer my question n suggest me pain killers which do not effect my stomach. Thxx.
My sister in law is 25 yrs old. She was suffered from panic attack last from 4 days. She has symptoms like racing heartbeat, Shortness of breath, Sweating, Shaking, Changes in mental state including fleeing of detachment. Numbness in the hand or feet. Tightness. Fear that you might die. Please help.
I am a 32 years male. I have a pain in my left leg for last more than one year. Further there is frequent burning sensation in outer thigh and it feels that skin has strongly stuck in outer thigh and feels it is numb. Further there is sound in knee while standing up from sitting position. All above problems are in my left leg. What should I do. If I have to see doctor to whom I should go neuor, ortho, general or skin?
Sir/madam my wife is suffering from restless leg sydrom. She was not sleeping last 4 night. Please help.
Is there permanent cure for migraine.? I have migraine for last five years. I take three or six months course as directed by physician. But next year it come back again.
My friend she is 24, her weight is 40, she has a cuff, while cuffing she use to get blood little bit. Along with this she use to get headache, it is migraine and she use to take tablets for it. U please suggest me. What was reason for it.
Proper and sound hearing is essential for a healthy living. If you are suffering from lack or loss of hearing, chances are that you are missing out on life itself. Therefore, it is imperative that you undergo treatments in case you are suffering from any kind of hearing ailment.
There are various reasons that contribute to loss of hearing. Some of the common causes are:
- Increasing noise
- Genetically inherited
Over the years various surgical and non-surgical methods have surfaced that can help repair loss of hearing and damage. Among the other branches of medicines, Ayurveda is the most old and ancient method. It uses natural herbs in order to correct and treat hearing loss. This has proved to be extremely beneficial and potent and it cures hearing ailments with the help of a number of natural methods. Some of them are:
- Lukewarm mustard oil or sesame oil: If you are suffering from ache in ears or loss in hearing, try putting few drops of warm mustard oil and sesame oil in your ear and hold it with index fingers. At the same time store air in your mouth and let your cheeks contract and bulge for a minute or so. This ayurvedic tip considerably improves hearing and reduces ear pain.
- Radish juice and sesame oil: If you are suffering from sores and hearing problems, a mixture of the two can be beneficial. In this method, a small quantity of Radish juice should be boiled with a small quantity of sesame oil, till the juice absorbs the oil. This mixture should be administered twice a day in order to experience the results.
- Applewood oil: A variety of ingredients are required in order to create the resultant oil. Initially cow's urine should be boiled and the applewood powder must be added to it. This mixture should then be filtered and further added with sesame and goat's milk. This concoction is then boiled and the resultant oil should be stored and applied with cotton daily. This improves hearing a great deal.
- Mixture of neem and turmeric: In this method turmeric and neem leaves are boiled together. The steam should be taken as well as the water must be applied on the ears and surrounding areas. This has proved to be an extremely effective remedy in treating pus in the ears and consequent hearing loss.
- Mixture of Radish juice, turmeric, sesame oil and ajwain seeds: All these ingredients must be taken in selective quantities and boiled to get the resultant oil. This oil must be stored and used to treat loss of hearing and other ear diseases.
Related Tip: "6 Signs You Need A Hearing Test"