Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KaliyaperumalYour feedback matters!
There is numbness in both legs. From Mr. I test it was found that nerves have been suppressed by L4 and L5. Doctor has advice me to undergo surgery. Is there any other treatment rather than surgery. And did I have to take proper treatment by orthopaedic or Nero.
I am a 57 yrs old male & diabetic. Feeling acute numbness at the side of both the thighs. What do I do? please help.
I want nerve treatment my nerves very weak, nas k bich m fool gayi hai bahut jagah par naso mai or nas bahut dhili ho gayi something like snake shape my nerves very weak.
Continuously little headache from more then two week. Looking like something moving in my head. Sometime I feel like my body is not in my control. What is this.
My husband is having migraine from past 1 month he is taking tablets please tell me how many months it will take to cure completely? Or should he take tablet life long for migraine?
I have a pulling strain on the right posterior side of my neck since past 4 months due to which last three fingers of my right hand go numb at times and my shoulder also aches. What could be the problem? Thanks.
My mother feel numbness in some body parts sometimes like hand leg cheek what is the cause of this and much it will be danger on future?
I Am suffering from Migraine for the last 6 months. What should I do now? I have been taking regular doses of Prodep 20mg.
I m suffering with migraine. Past 2 years. please can suggest me permanent treatment. And medicine for instant recovery.
If you are being treated for Parkinson's disease. How can you maximize the effect of Levodopa? The effect of levodopa can be maximized by increasing its absorption from the digestive system. In particular, taking levodopa on an empty stomach is very important.
- Take on an empty stomach: Do not eat anything 1 hour before taking levodopa. Do not eat anything for at least 30 minutes and if possible 1 hour after taking it. Take the pill with 2 glasses of water so that it can dissolve. If taking the levodopa on an empty stomach makes you nauseous, confirm that your medication has the right amount of carbidopa in relation to the levodopa (25%). If you continue to feel nauseous, you can eat a piece of white bread around the time that you take levodopa. Do not apply any butter, yogurt, cheese or similar high protein spreads. Protein can drastically decrease the absorption of levodopa.
- Get your constipation treated: This is critically important too. Being constipated can slow down the passage of levodopa through the digestive system. In most patients, drinking adequate water and taking stool softeners is helpful.
- Get your ulcer treated: It can be difficult to recognize that you have a gastric ulcer. However, if you have a burning sensation in your stomach at any time, or belch frequently, you may have a gastric ulcer. If you think you have an ulcer you should get tested (there is a simple breath test now) and treated with antibiotics (not antacids!)
- Do not take levodopa with iron tablets: The iron binds to levodopa and prevents its absorption. Keep a gap of at least two hours between these two medications.
- Try taking levodopa with orange juice and carbonated water (soda): Mix equal quantities of orange juice and carbonated water (soda). Take your regular levodopa with a glass of this preparation instead of water. The carbonated water hastens disintegration of the tablet, and the acidity of both things helps in levodopa absorption. There are special tablets of levodopa (dispersible levodopa, Madopar) which can be dissolved in this preparation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.