Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. KalivananYour feedback matters!
Yesterday I felt severe Pain at my lower back and right side of body from stomach to knee. It's looks like muscle inside is stopping me to walk and stand. Today nothing is experienced. What's the reason behind this. Is sitting for an almost of 2hr can cause this issue or what will be other issue.
Doctor I am 25 years old male. I am having pain in my right elbow since 2 years. It pains sometimes and sometimes it disappears as if no pain. I could not do any work when it is paining. Please Suggest what to do. Is it serious?
I am 21 years old, I have too much back pain, I am gym trainer, I hav asked lots of doctors but pain is not yet gone. Please help me what to do?
Rheumatoid arthritis is a disorder of the joints characterized by swelling, inflammation and pain in the joints. This disorder is an autoimmune disorder, wherein the immune cells of the body start to view the tissues of the body as a potential threat.
Homeopathy treats this condition very effectively as it focuses on treating the cause of the disorder. The remedies in homeopathy moderate the overactive immune system and thus help in reducing inflammation in the bones. The homeopathic practitioner starts the diagnosis by enquiring about your medical history, symptoms, working environment and provides treatment accordingly.
Homeopathic medicines that are generally or most commonly indicated to treat rheumatoid arthritis are:
- Calcarea carbonica: Arthritis that leads to the formation of nodes in the affected joint, accompanied by symptoms, which aggravate during damp weather, is very effectively remedied by this particular homeopathic medicine.
- Arnica: Arnica is a homeopathic remedy that is used to treat symptoms of chronic arthritis where you experience a sore feeling on a regular basis. The symptoms tend to worsen if you touch the affected area.
- Bryonia: If you have a throbbing pain in your joints, then Bryonia is recommended. The symptoms tend to worsen in cold weather.
- Calcarea fluorica: This remedy is recommended if the pain tends to improve with the application of heat. The symptoms include swelling of the joints and formation of nodes. It is especially used if arthritis develops after an injury.
- Kali carbonicum: If the joints are extremely stiff with the pain aggravating during the early morning hours, then this remedy is prescribed. It also helps if the symptoms tend to worsen in damp and cold weather.
- Pulsatilla: This remedy is prescribed in cases where the intensity of the pain keeps on fluctuating and also if the pain is not localized. The symptoms tend to worsen in warm conditions and improve in cold conditions.
- Rhododendron: Rhododendron is recommended if the symptoms of arthritis tend to flare up and aggravate in cold conditions. Generally the p, in increases during the early morning hours or if you stay stationary for a long time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Sir I have pain in my both ankles back side, when I walk I feel pain pls tell me the cause and remedy.
From my childhood days I did not work a long distance so when I was supposed to do to walk along to walk and little distance I feel very painful to my legs what I have to do with this.
I am 26 year old male. I am having back pain for the last 5 years. I went to so many doctors but it did not worked out. Kindly help me.
Im feeling discomfort around neck and shoulders and slight pain when I move my neck backward or side ways around my neck and join. And I can feel pain inside my shoulders inside wain/something when I move my check. Why im feeling like that. I can not keep my head I same position for so long. I feel like some discomfort. What should I do?
My father aged 59 years met with an accident and his left side ribs got fractured and found in X-ray that his shoulder got swelling and also found that there is mild bilateral pneumonia .Is it ok to remove chest belt and shoulder belt while sleeping? A doctor has advised to wear it while sitting and has told that it's not necessary to wear while sleeping .And what about mild bilateral phenomena? How it has to be healed? Is it dangerous? What can he do to get rid of that problem? He has sugar within range of 160 to 200 .In fasting it shows 125 and after food it is 160 to 200 levels for this week.
I have a job in software company. Earlier it was stressful job but last 4.5 years it is not. Have a tendency to increase weight. Current weight is increased from 75 to 82. I daily do stretch exercise with 50 push-ups to increase the strength of muscles. Started jogging but back pain started hence stopped. I am a vegetarian and love to eat home food. No frying or spicy at home. Have a problem with cholesterol.Please tell sir .
My glucose label is uncontrolled from 6 year ago. I take treatment from allopathic doctor but I feel no satisfaction because muscles pain, nerve weakness, constipation also feel uncomforted all time. My weight is 58 kg .Age-67 years.
Having a problem beside the left neck to the shoulder point . This is the second Time in last two months .Can you tell exactly what is issue with me ? Any solution for this.
I have knee pain due to being overweight. What do I need to do and why does this knee pain happen only on one of the knees.
Knee replacement is a procedure where the weight-carrying surfaces of knee joint are replaced surgically to ease the pain or any disability. People suffering from osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or psoriatic arthritis undergo knee replacement. All these conditions revolve around stiffness and painful knee. This surgery is usually performed on people aged over 50.
Knee replacement is mainly of two main types:
- Total knee replacement where both the sides of knee joints are replaced
- Partial knee replacement where only single side of the joint is replaced
In case of partial knee replacement with minimal invasion, a smaller incision, which is 3 to 5 inches, is required. This leads to minimal tissue damage, and the surgeon can work between the fibres of the quadriceps muscles. Here, an incision through the tendon is not required. This may result in less pain, recovery time is reduced, and motion is better as scar tissue formation is less.
In total knee replacement, four steps are performed:
- Removal of damaged cartilage surfaces, which is at the ends of the femur and tibia, with a small quantity of underlying bone.
- Replacement with metal components, which help as a recreated surface of the joint
- Incision of knee cap with a resurface made of a plastic button, which is optional based on the case
- Insertion of a medical-grade plastic spacer amid the metal components. This creates an effortless gliding surface.
After general or spinal anaesthesia, an incision of 8-12inches is made in the front part of the knee. Joint part which is damaged is removed from the surface of the bones. The surfaces are then formed in a way to hold a metal or plastic artificial joint. The thigh bone shin as well as knee cap is attached to the artificial joint with either cement or a special material.
After Effects of the Procedure-
After the surgery, patients may stay in a hospital for three to five days. Post surgery, notable improvement can be seen after a month or later. The patient is gradually relieved from pain with the construction of new gliding surface during surgery.
There will be slow progress in the movement. In the beginning, one may walk with a support of parallel bars and then with the help of crutches, walker, or cane. After full recovery in about six weeks, people can enjoy normal activities except running or jumping.
Presently, over 90% of total knee replacements function well even after 15 years of surgery. Hence, knee problem is no problem at all!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!