Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Kaleel Rehuman.M.PYour feedback matters!
My sister is suffering from breast cancer please guide us now till day she had already 3 chemo therapy completed in a nursing home in kolkata now doctor says operation is required what can I do please give me advice.
I guess some limb has been grown in side my breast. I am really concerned regarding this. Kindly help me.
I am 25 year old. 1 week back I found small lump inside my right side breast and it s paining when I touch (press). Is this serious problem?
What are the symptoms of skin cancer? I have a hard round shaped structure in thigh. Is it the sign of a tumor which would be harmful?
I'm 17 and this is not a fraud question. My nipples become stiff and erect when they are squeezed or felt cold. This make me hard to wear thin cloths as they can be seen. How can I remove this erectness of my nipples Please.
What is the symptoms of blood cancer. And I have cold till last 10 years and my friend has aids. So what is time limit of his life?
I have completed chemotherapy treatment for liver lymphoma. Now I am completely recovered. Can you suggest me some medication in Ayurvedic or Homeopathy to prevent occurrence of this disease. Thanks
I am 58 years old with enlarged prostate and urine filtration and will Tab Urimax-D 1 od clear my problem and reduce the size of my enlarged prostate and stop irregular urine flow and return to normalcy.
I am 24 year old female. I am using pregnancy conceiving tablets from last 1 and half year as I am suffering with PCOD problem. So is this a right way to take these kind of medicines for long cycles? Is this cause any harm like cancer to my body? Please reply.
Neck cancer refers to the formation of cancer cells in the throat or neck region of your body. Neck cancer is commonly seen in people above sixty years of age .But people above forty can also have the chances of getting neck cancer. Though the symptoms of neck cancer can vary from one person to the other,
Some of the common symptoms are stated as follows:
- Neck cancer affects the voice box, so a change in your voice can be noticed.
- Weight loss is also a symptom for neck cancer.
- A person suffering from neck cancer can also suffer from dysphagia or difficulty in swallowing.
- Sore throat in some cases can be considered as a symptom of neck cancer
- Bleeding from mouth or through your nose is also a common symptom for neck cancer.
- Ear pain in some cases is a symptom of neck cancer.
- Coughing persistently is also regarded as a symptom of neck cancer.
- Sometimes a lump in the neck is also noticed and it is usually painless.
- Some people also encounter breathing problem.
- In some cases a swelling of the neck, jaw or eyes can also be noticed.
Neck cancer involves certain risk factors too. Neck cancer can be treated in many ways. The following are few treatments available for neck cancer:
- Surgery: Your doctor can conduct a surgery for removing the tumors from your neck region. The doctor may decide to do either a microsurgery or laser treatment or endoscopy.
- Chemotherapy: If the tumor spreads to other regions or is large in size, then your doctor may recommend chemotherapy.
- Radiation: It is used to destroy the malignant cells. It is usually conducted after removing the tumor.
These three are the common treatments followed by doctors. Your doctor may also take help of other treatments like administering drugs to control the growth of cancer cells. But, sometimes treatments fail to work if the process of metastasis starts. So you should not ignore it, as soon as you encounter any of the symptoms stated above, visiting an oncologist is highly recommended.
Hello sir. I am 37 and diagnosed with stage 1ovarian cancer. Operated .Got six sessions of chemotherapy. And now cancer free. Before operation I had a blood filled mole at the front of foot thumb as I read somewhere that it is a first symbol of cancer. As it is dried little bit. I want to know is there any problem with this mole? As I want to remove it. And secondly can I get marry?
Breast pain, also known as mastalgia, can be termed as any type of discomfort, pain or tenderness in and around the breast or the underarm region. It can also be accompanied by a sharp pain or a burning sensation.
There are two major types of breast pain
Cyclical Pain: As the name suggests, this type of pain occurs on a cyclic basis and is linked with one’s menstrual cycle. It may happen when one is going through her periods and is influenced by hormonal imbalances. This type of pain is generally not a cause of concern.
Non-Cyclical Pain: This is generally not common and its cause can be linked to a variety of reasons; cancer or a malignant tumour in the breast being the most severe consequence.
Causes of Breast Pain
Lumpy breasts along with soreness and pain can be caused due to fibrocystic breast tissue.
Hormonal imbalance can also lead to pain or discomfort in and around the breast region. Abnormal prolactin limits can also be a contributing factor.
Breast cancer can also lead to pain, mostly in the left breast. Along with the pain, it can also induce a dull ache, tightness or heaviness in the chest.
Treatments for Breast pain
The various treatments for cyclical breast pain include:
Making modifications in the diet
Administering Vitamin E and calcium supplements
Including thyroid hormonal supplements in the diet
Reducing sodium intake in your diet
For non-cyclical breast pain, which is often the cause of cancer, a thorough examination is recommended. A clinical biopsy will be advised if the lumpy tissues make the tumour harder to be detected through a mammogram.
- If the pain is on account of an injury, then appropriate painkillers will have to be administered to reduce the pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an oncologist and ask a free question.
My prostate is slightly enlarged and the sonologist is of the opinion it is suggestive of benign hypertrophy prostate. It measures 4. 2- 4. 9- 3. 6 cms ( 39 gms } although I don't have any specific problem I would like to know when I should have the prostate removed. Thanks.
Cancer, or the big C, is always in the news. Use any keyword related to cancer, and there is definitely information overload. Also, with more people surviving cancer, there are too many tales to tell. All this leads to misconceptions and myths, leaving people, who are looking for genuine information, completely confused. The following are some common misconceptions.
- Cancer is a new-age disease: There is reference to cancer in ancient Egyptian and Greek stories, so cancer is definitely not new. However, it is true that the incidence has increased tremendously with the modern lifestyle habits.
- Food items prevent cancer: There are claims that food items like kale, blueberries, green tea, broccoli, etc., can prevent cancer. It is not true. They do have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, but are not helpful in preventing cancer.
- Acidic diet causes cancer: The body’s pH is not determined by the food products that we consume. Neither acidic nor alkaline environment is healthy, and further, the body has its own mechanism to regulate pH; so go ahead and eat what you like.
- Sugars cause cancer: Sugar, believed to be the main energy source, is required for growth. Since cancer is linked to uncontrolled growth, it is believed that more sugar leads to more cancer. This again is a false notion, as there is no connection between the two.
- Screening is only for breast cancer: Agreed, breast cancer is easy to screen for, but any person with predisposition can go for periodic screening to help in early identification and intervention.
- Cancer medicines kill more than they cure: Whether it is chemotherapy or radiation, they do not pick only the cancer cells. When directed at a body part, the radiation affects the entire area. Chemotherapy targets and controls growth of a lot of normal processes, thereby affecting normal life.
- There is no cure for cancer: It is not a simple process. Curing cancer involves multiple facets – some of which may not be known or unearthed. While there are some stories, which talk about how they conquered cancer completely, there are a greater number of failures. Do not conclude on either side. Each person and each type of cancer is treated differently.
- Tight undergarments are not connected to cancer: As popularly advertised, tight underwear and underwired bras do not cause testicular or breast cancer.
- Biopsies spread cancer: This is a misconception. Most people are scared to get a biopsy as they perceive that it may spread the cancerous cells to normal areas.
This is just a short list, and there are far too many false notions. Check with your doctor to validate the information before using it to take any decision. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.