Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Kaleel Rehuman.M.PYour feedback matters!
Hello. My dad is suffering from Gallbladder Cancer which is on last stage. He is not been able to eat anything. He is very weak and only taking liquids. Digestion power is very low. Whatever he take just vomit after sometime. Can you please suggest what should we do? I am week financially. Please help me. I can't see him like this.
Dear Sir, Can we break radio therapy in cancer treatment (mouth cancer ). Here in my case Radio therapy is started (allahabad Location ) and we want to concert with Doctors in Delhi.
• The exact causes for cancer is not known.
• It is multi-factorial disease – many factors contribute or predispose this condition.
• Modern diet – increased intake of junk food and decreased intake of fibers and roughage.
• Age, environmental pollutants or social, emotional factors influence the disease.
• Family tendency.
• Exposure to radiations.
• Occupational exposure to pollutants – lung cancer.
• Increased consumption of cigarettes - lung cancer.
• Tobacco chewing – oral cancer.
• Chronic alcoholics – liver cancer.
• Use of contraception, excess sexual freedom, virginity, women with no children – cervical and uterine cancer
• Late marriages, women who have not breast fed there children – breast cancer.
• Non vegetarian diet especially high consumption of meat and red meat.
• Obesity hypertension and diabetes have been seen to be associated symptoms.
SIGN AND SYMPTOMS:
• Most of the time there is no presentation no pain, cancer usually is detected accidentally and by the time it is detected it has spread in the whole body.
• Painless swelling in breast or at the site of cancer.
• Intracranial space occupying lesions can present with fits, severe headaches, vomiting, papilloedema.
• Abdominal lesions can cause constipation.
• Bronchial lesions present with cough & shortness of breath.
• Hemorrhage from various orifices.
• Pain either due to nerve compression or due to distension of an organ.
• There can be deep bone pains or referred pains.
• In terminal cases depression, loneliness & irritability.
• Tumor may cause obstruction affecting ingestion, digestion absorption, malabsorption through secondary intestinal changes.
• Pain, fatigue, depression, Anxiety, Nausea vomiting and diarrhea.
• Taste changes- mouth blindness develops – bitter and sweet thresholds are altered. Patient will avoid chocolate, coffee, tea, red wine, citrus fruits red meat cheese due to altered taste
• Low intake of food can cause severe weakness
• Loss of weight.
• Food aversion
• Early satiety
• Loss of body cell mass
• Emaciation- loss of subcutaneous fat and body protein leading to weight loss and muscle weakness.
• Metabolic disorders – altered metabolism of fats, proteins, carbohydrates, glucose, vitamins, minerals and electrolytes.
• Immunodepression- changes in the function of the immune system.
• Hyponatraemia and Hypercalcaemia
• Acid-base imbalance
• All these symptoms can be exacerbated by cancer treatment like chemotherapy or radiation.
• Give high energy and high protein diet.
• Wide variety of food should be selected to ensure all vitamins and minerals are included in the diet.
– Increase intake of antioxidants like vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, selenium.
• Include Japanese sea vegetables (arame, hijiki, kombu, nori) in diet if available, they are remarkably nutritious.
• Wheat grass juice is recommended – grow wheat grains in a pot – grass comes up in a weeks time so its advisable to plant seven pots so as to have every days supply. Extract juice from these grass and consume twice a day. It helps you to develop immunity and remove toxins from the body.
• Consume ½ cup of bitter gourd every morning. Advisable to add little ginger and turmeric to it. You can also add honey or jaggery to it, to alter its bitter taste if required.
• Daily eat 3-4 mint and basil leaves.
• Have high energy food / drink like sugarcane juice, fats.
• Consumption of sesame seed / oil is advised as it is a very good tonic and has anti-cancer properties.
• During the cancer affections and treatment, there is high demand for energy hence fats are required in high amount. Hence it is recommended to fry food rather than grilling them.
• Vegetarians should increase their consumption of pulses and legumes (peas and beans).
• Consumption of fresh fruits and raw vegetables is advised.
• Milk and milk products should be avoided to those patients with intestinal damage who are also lactose intolerant or those who cannot tolerate, digest or absorb a normal diet in such case liquid supplement formula can be used.
• Multivitamin supplements may be required in case of digestive and metabolic disorders. Should be taken as indicated by your physician.
• Tube feeding can be used in patients who cannot or are unwilling to take food orally.
• Parentral feeding – is considered when there is gastro-intestinal tumors or gastro-intestinal tract is not functioning
Dr Mrs Neeraj Gupta
Gupta Computerised Homeopathic Clinic
what medicine should take for enlarge prostate. I have to go to loo 3/4 times at night. Somebody suggested Himplasia which is ayurvedic treatment .Should I take it? Pl advice. RI am 75 years old and do not want to get it operated.
Hi this and from past 10 years I am having fribo adenoma on my right breast and twice I have been operated but again and again coming back.
Hello Doctors, My girlfriend (24 years) is experiencing itching in left breast and a tiny lump in right breast, she is about to have her period after two days, is it due to PMS or she have to go for checkup Some times a transparent white discharge comes out from nipple after squeezing the breast Please help!
One of the most significant glands in the male reproductive system is the prostate gland, which is responsible for carrying urine from the bladder. It is located right under the bladder and helps in production of semen which contains sperm.
Prostate cancer is a slow growing form of cancer that is rarely seen in men below the age of 50. It may occur due to both, genetic and environmental factors. Here is a list of measures that can help in preventing this ailment.
Food Intake and Weight: Apart from age, the major factor that contributes to the risk of prostate cancer includes food and weight. Doctors suggest that bringing down your intake of calcium and fat that comes from red meat and excess dairy can help in preventing the onset of this ailment. The calcium intake should not go beyond 1,500 mg per day, which is why doctors will usually ask you not to have supplements. Cooked tomatoes with olive oil as well as cruciferous vegetables including broccoli and cauliflower should be included as a vital part of one's diet, while fish should be taken regularly as it is a source of healthy or good fat like Omega-3 fatty acids. In general, you should have fewer calories which should be matched up with ample exercise so that a healthy weight and balance is maintained.
Stress and Blood Pressure: Stress and anxiety are also major reasons that contribute to the onset of this disease. One will need to see a doctor about high blood pressure, especially the kind that is triggered by stress and causes hypertension. Also, you must control your cholesterol and stay out of depression to ensure that your risk of developing prostate cancer reduces. Also, having these conditions along with prostate cancer makes the survival chances that much lower. So, you must get the right medication and treatment for these conditions as well.
Lifestyle: One will need to quit smoking, that can cause a number of ailments including prostate cancer. Also, drinking alcohol in moderation is required in order to have a healthier lifestyle and cut the chances of developing such ailments.
Screening: While your diet and other aspects may be right, there is still a great chance of developing prostate cancer, especially if anyone in your family has been afflicted with this condition in the past. Therefore, it is recommended to get an annual screening done so that you eliminate the chances of finding it out late, and can check the growth of any anomalies as soon as they take place. Getting regular checks ups done and getting diagnosed for the problem when the earliest symptoms begin to show are both crucial for prostate cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a oncologist and ask a free question.