Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kaleel Rehuman.M.P
Submit a review for Dr. Kaleel Rehuman.M.PYour feedback matters!
I have a lump in my right breast for around 18 months. It sometimes gives a painful stretching sensation. What should I do?
We have more than 200 bones in our body and each of them is susceptible to bone cancer. However, long bones in the arms and legs are most susceptible to this condition. Bone cancer can be primary or secondary. Primary bone cancer involves uncontrolled and abnormal cell division within the bones while secondary bone cancer refers to cancer that originated somewhere else in the body and later spread to the bones. While children and adults are equally at risk for primary bone cancer, adults and elderly people are more susceptible to secondary bone cancer. If diagnosed early enough, bone cancer can be treated and even cured with surgery, chemotherapy or radiation.
Hence it is essential to recognize the signs and symptoms of bone cancer. Here’s what you should look out for.
- Pain in Bones: Pain is one the primary symptoms of bone cancer. As the tumour grows larger, this pain can become more intense. In its early stages, the pain may be experienced as a dull ache inside the bone or the affected part of the body. It may also increase or decrease according to your activity level or may be experienced only at night. However, not all bone pains signify ‘cancer’ as this is also a symptom associated with osteoporosis.
- Swelling: In some cases, the abnormal growth of bone cells can result in the formation of a lump of mass that may be felt through the skin. In other cases, the affected area may also show signs of swelling.
- Breaking of the Bone: Cancer can weaken the bones and make them more brittle. This may make the bones more susceptible to fractures. A bone breaking in an area that has been painful or sore for a long period of time may be a sign of cancer. This is known as a pathologic fracture.
- Reduced Flexibility: If the tumour is located near a joint, it may affect the range of movements possible and make simple actions uncomfortable. For example, a tumour around the knee may make walking and climbing stairs a painful exercise.
Other symptoms to look out for are sudden and drastic weight loss, tiredness, excessive sweating at night, fever and difficulty breathing in case cancer has spread to other organs. Since many of these symptoms are common to other medical disorders, you should conduct a doctor immediately if you notice any of them. A physical examination and a couple of tests along with a biopsy will be required to confirm a diagnosis of bone cancer.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Skin is a very vital organ of your body as it protects your body from external injuries and also helps in regulating your body temperature. The gradual development of cancer cells on your skin region is known as skin cancer. Skin cancer is a very common disease that is affecting people worldwide. Many causes are responsible for skin cancer.
Some of them are stated as follows:
- Overexposure to sun rays. The Ultraviolet rays can cause serious damage to your skin that can lead to cancer.
- Sun burns may also result in the development of cancer cells
- Frequent exposure to toxic chemical substance can also trigger skin cancer.
- A frail immune system may also contribute to skin cancer.
- Certain scars on your skin, if left untreated, may become cancerous and eventually lead to skin cancer.
- Consuming unhealthy foods and being unhygienic may also lead to skin cancers.
Skin cancer may develop all over your body or on any particular region of your skin. It can spread to other parts of your body rapidly. The symptoms of skin cancer depend on the type of your cancer.
Some of the common symptoms of skin cancer are as follows:
- A sore on your skin that cannot be healed
- Swelling of your skin
- You may also get an itching sensation frequently
- Appearance of bumps
- Bleeding of the affected areas
- Appearance of reddish spots
- A bleeding mole
Skin cancer is absolutely curable if treated at an early stage. Ayurveda offers effective remedies for treating skin cancer.
They are mentioned below:
- Panchakarma therapy is the most effective treatment for healing skin cancer. It involves purification and removal of harmful toxins from your body through its 5 constituent therapeutic treatments namely, Vamana, Virechana, Nasya, Basti and Raktamokshana.
- Drinking green tea can be very helpful. It is known to have anti cancerous properties which help prevent and combat this killer.
- Including more of citrus food in your diet such as lemons, oranges; excluding oily, fried foods and cutting down on higher quantities of sugar can prove to be beneficial.
- Applying turmeric paste on the affected areas may help you to guard against skin cancer.
You must not ignore skin cancer and seek advice from a doctor as early as possible since the process of metastasis (spreading of cancer cells to different spots of your body) is very rapid in this case.
A bone cancer (osteosarcoma )4stg can be curable through treatments? Is it a life threatening disease ?which Is the best oncology hospital for the treatment of this disease? My sister 14yo diagnosed with these disease. Help us guys.
Hi my father is 75 years old n suffering from colon rectal cancer 4 stage. It has been spread in diff organ also. please suggest something better for him. We can do thanks.
Hi There, Please advise as I am having mild pain in my left breast. Few days ago, I had small hard inflamed spot on the skin of my left breast but now it is fine I used soframycin over it, Kindly suggest me the solution, what should I do now? And what are the reasons for pain. Regards.
I am suffering from Follicular Thyroid cancer. The total Thyroidectomy surgery and one step high dose radio iodine therapy completed. Can anyone suggest what are the other suggestion like food, medication,exercise etc need to follow up?
Ovarian cancer takes place when the cells in either of your ovaries have an abnormal growth. The ovaries are two small organs, situated on either side of your uterus. They deliver female sex hormones and store and discharge eggs (ova) that help a woman reproduce. Ovarian cancer is a serious disease that emerges from various sorts of cells and growths inside the ovary.
Specialists do not know precisely what causes ovarian cancer. Hereditary qualities, for example and other DNA changes, are a danger element for few ladies. Around 10 out of 100 ovarian cancers are thought to be brought about by quality transformations in the BRCA1 or BRCA2 genes. Women who go through changes due to these carrier genes are more at risk of contracting ovarian cancer.
The earliest symptoms of ovarian cancer are as follows
- Frequent bloating in the uterus or stomach area.
- Pain in your pelvis or belly.
- Inconvenience while eating, or feeling full quickly.
- Urinary issues, for example, a critical need to urinate or urinating more frequently than expected.
Treatment options for ovarian cancer
The decision of treatment and the long-term result for ladies who have ovarian cancer relies upon the sort and phase of cancer they are in. Your age, general wellbeing, personal satisfaction, and wish to get pregnant should be considered. The primary treatment methods for ovarian cancer are:
- Surgery to see whether you have cancer or not and to treat it. This may include taking an ultrasound and biopsies to check for the spread of cancer.
- Chemotherapy, which uses medications to kill the cancerous cells. It is suggested after surgery for most phases of ovarian cancer.
- Women who are in a more progressive stage of ovarian cancer may have a portion of their chemotherapy before surgery and whatever is left of it after surgery. This can make the surgery more secure for these women.
- Radiation treatment might be utilized to pulverize the cancer cells with the help of high-measurement X-ray beams or other high-vitality beams.
Side Effects of Treatment Methods:
Most medications for ovarian cancer cause reactions. They may vary, depending upon the kind of treatment, your age and general well-being. Reactions of surgery rely on the degree of your surgery and spread of the disease. In case your specialist removes your ovaries, you lose the capacity to bear children or get pregnant. Furthermore, in case you were all the while bleeding before your surgery, you will begin with your menopause.
Symptoms of chemotherapy may incorporate loss of appetite and weight, queasiness, fatigue, vomiting, nausea and hair loss. There is also a possibility of getting a very serious infection. One should get regular or annual check-ups done to see if there are anomalies in either parts of the bodies since natural symptoms of cancer are only visible after a certain stage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.