Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Kalavathy GurusamyYour feedback matters!
How to protect our selves from getting cancer? What are steps to be taken to be protected? What are diet to be taken?
My father is 88, he has been diagnosed as having prostate enlarged with median lobe projecting into bladder base, he is under treatment of the doctor having given for prostate, a small dose of pain killer, and recommended not to have any surgery at this age. Do you think surgery is a must, or any alternate remedy for the same is possible. At times he feels slight pain near male parts while getting up or standing.
My friends are addition for tobacco they are affaded often some diseases so what are symptoms of cancer?
My brother is 55 yrs. What prophylactic measures he shud take to avoid prostate hyperplasia. Regards.
I am 66 years male with problem of involuntary leakage of urine during sleep at night. I have Diabetes which is controlled. I do not have any prostrate problem. Please suggest a medication to control my above problem.
My 21 year old sister had a tumour like something in her breast and has undergone with ultrasound of breast and her reports came hyperechoic lesion. What does that mean? And is it serious? What treatment is needed for this!
My dad is suffering from lung cancer he is going under chemotherapy but his haemoglobin level is not rising. What should we do?
I am recovering from blood cancer . It is been 4 years now and am unmarried. How about the possibilities of me getting into healthy land wat should be done to put on weight and be healthy. Recommend some intakes.
Ovarian cancer tends to occur in the cells of an ovary. The ovaries are the two glands which are responsible for female reproduction. They produce ova or eggs and also create the female hormones oestrogen and progesterone. Ovarian cancer begins when abnormal cells in the ovary start to multiply rapidly and grow out of control to form a tumour.
Generally, it was believed that ovarian cancer does not deliver any specific side effects until the tumour has spread to a later stage and early indications of ovarian cancer were not recognizable.
Nonetheless, in some of the cases, ovarian cancer may bring about early indications. The most widely recognized symptoms of ovarian cancer are as follows:
- Constant bloating
- Ache in your gut or pelvis
- Inconvenience eating
- Feeling full instantly
- Urinary issues, for example, an urgent need to urinate or urinating more frequently than expected
In case that you have at least one of these side effects and it happens every day for more than two or three weeks, try to consult a doctor or a specialist.
These symptoms are basic for a few women. They may not imply that you have ovarian cancer. It is very important for women to understand that these symptoms do not necessarily imply that they have ovarian cancer. The same number of other common and harmless conditions can bring about the same indications. Additionally, different reasons for these symptoms are significantly more common than ovarian cancer. These may include irritable bowel syndrome and urinary tract infections (UTIs). In any case, the early indications of ovarian cancer tend to follow a pattern, which is as follows:
They begin abruptly.
They do not feel the same as your typical stomach-related or menstrual issues.
They happen almost consistently and do not leave.
Different signs and symptoms that affect a few women with ovarian cancer include the following:
However, these side effects are also common in a few women who do not have ovarian cancer. Most of the ovarian cancer cases are diagnosed at a later stage after the tumours have spread. Fortunately, around 20% of women are diagnosed early, when the infection might be generally treatable. There is no complete screening test for early ovarian cancer. General pelvic examinations now and then, followed by ultrasound examinations or blood tests for cancer-related markers, have been routinely used for ovarian cancer screening. However, none of these tests are particularly effective when it comes to identifying ovarian cancer.
In case some of these symptoms start to manifest in your body, one should go for a general check-up. This is so because cancers are usually diagnosed at later stages where treatment is very difficult. Hence, the sooner one knows, the better it is.
When I using my mobile my left breast s paining surely its by mobile I used sleep with mobile near before now not. Wat to do any serious.
My father is 52years old he is getting throat pain since 2months. Got reports that cancer in early stage? Can I know how many stages will be? Nd what is the time span for one stage to another stage?
Dr, M 54yrs old female attained menopause 4yrs ago and 3 months before when i noticed occasional bleed went to check up, done my USG and found my endometrium slightly thickened and been advised to go for D&C. M very much worried if it will lead to cancer.Kindly advice me
Hi I want to know the symptoms of the cancer please let me know quickly please. Am suffering from cogh from 3 months. Hey please let me know what the problem.
The food you eat is critical for your overall well-being as cancers that often affect the human body are of gastrointestinal origin. Stick to organic and chemical free foods to live a healthier life, since they reduce the risk of cancer substantially. Regular consumption of the food items mentioned below increase your risk of developing cancer, as well as many other conditions and should be avoided at all costs.
- Microwave popcorn: Most microwave popcorn bags are lined with c8, also known as Perfluorooctanoic Acid (PFOA), which increases the risk of certain cancers such as kidney, testicular, bladder, pancreas and liver cancer notably. Microwave popcorn also contains an artificial or synthetic butter flavoring called diacetyl, which is extremely toxic and obstructs breathing.
- Canned tomatoes: While tomatoes are considered to be cancer fighting foods, their canned counterparts are extremely unhealthy and may cause cancer. This is mainly due to the lining of the cans they are put in, which contains a chemical known as Bisphenol A or BPA that has been proven to elevate the risk of infertility as well as prostate and breast cancer. Due to the high acidic level. BPA leaks from the lining of the cans and penetrates into the fruit. Tomatoes should be cooked fresh or stored in glass jars.
- Processed/Grilled red meat: Processed meats such as sausages, prosciutto, bacon, pimento loaf, bologna, hot dog, etc., contain various chemicals and preservatives such as sodium nitrate. This is added to make the meat look fresh and appealing, but are, in fact, carcinogenic in nature. Moreover, you should also avoid grilling meat, since it releases a carcinogen known as heterocyclic aromatic amines, which is another dangerous food item that smoked meat contains as it picks up tar from the smoking process.
- Farmed salmon: It is imperative to avoid farmed salmon because they are fed unnatural diets that are contaminated with carcinogens, antibiotics, chemicals, pesticides and so on. They also harbor sea lice, 30 times greater in amount than wild salmon. High levels of PCBs, cancer causing dioxins, and mercury have been found in them. It is advisable to opt for wild sockeye salmon instead of farmed salmon. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a oncologist.