Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Kalavathy GurusamyYour feedback matters!
Hi, I just recently got married. Me and my wife were trying to make love, however I was not able to penetrate my wife because of the pain she is facing. At one time the neighbors of my hotel room came to check out if everything was okay. She does not have any lubrication and the pain seems to be unbearable. Due to this our sexual life is taking a hit. Is this normal and can you suggest something?
Hi sir my wife is taking krimson 35 tablet to prevent pregnancy since from two years is there any side effects of medicine taking regularly is there any natural way to prevent pregnancy.
transmission of gel type fluid from vagina. What is that? Does it indicate towards any infection in body?
My age is 30. I have high blood pressure. And I one kidney is ectopic. I have first pregnancy on 2009 but my child was abnormal so I abort it. But recently I know from my dr. That I have unicornuate uterus. My dr. Suggest me for surrogacy. He tell that you have a high risk of pregnancy. I want your suggestion. What can I do?
What causes orgasmic disorders?
Orgasms are intensely pleasurable feelings of release caused by sexual excitement and stimulation. Difficulty in achieving orgasm can lead to dissatisfaction and problems in relationships. Orgasmic disorder or dysfunction, sometimes known as anorgasmia, inhibits one's ability to orgasm during sexual intercourse or other sexual activities. Both men and women can suffer from anorgasmia though it is more prevalent in women.
The three types of orgasmic disorders
1. Primary anorgasmia is when you've never had an orgasm
2. Secondary anorgasmia is when you suddenly have difficulty reaching orgasm, even though you've had one earlier.
3. General anorgasmia refers to the condition where you can't orgasm in any situation even with adequate sexual stimulation.
The causes of this disorder can be different for both the sexes. Here are the causes of anorgasmia in men and women:
Causes in women
Female anorgasmia can be caused due to physical or psychological factors or a combination of both. Psychological factors include anxiety about sex, stress, depression, self-esteem issues, fear of losing control in front of your partner, inadequate stimulation and relationship problems. Medical conditions such as diabetes, chronic pelvic pain and injuries to the spine or hormonal disorders and changes are physical factors that may cause anorgasmia.
Causes in men
Male anorgasmia also stems from psychological and physical issues. Medical problems such as diabetic neuropathy, genital surgery, pelvic trauma, spinal cord injuries, thyroid disorders and low testosterone levels can be the reasons for anorgasmia. Depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, stress and relationship issues also affect men just like in women and can be the cause of orgasmic disorder in men.
Other common causes
Those with a history of sexual trauma may particularly suffer from anorgasmia. Cultural and societal beliefs and lack of a safe environment also affect both men and women. Use of antidepressants and other medications have also been seen as a cause of orgasmic disorder in both the sexes. Fear of getting pregnant or getting your partner pregnant may inhibit a sexual response and cause anorgasmia. Substance abuse and alcoholism is a factor affecting both sexes and can lead to orgasmic disorder.
Related Tip: 5 Mind Reasons You're Might Not Be Getting an Orgasm
Pregnancy is a time when you have to be at your vigilant best even as you go about your normal life. If you happen to be a smoker and enjoy a drink once in a while, then it may be time to change these habits. Ideally, one should let go of these habits as soon as the couple starts trying for a baby, as how you treat your body in the preconception stage will have a great bearing on how your body adjusts to pregnancy and the aftermath of childbirth. Let us find out the dangers of smoking and drinking during pregnancy. (Learn more about healthy pregnancy)
- Alcohol and Your Baby: While you may be thinking that a drink or two of wine in a week may not do any harm to your foetus, this is actually a misnomer. One should steer clear of even a sip as the alcohol usually ends up passing through you placenta and right into your growing foetus.
- Alcohol Break Down: When the alcohol gets passed through your system and into the baby, there is a definite health hazard to the foetus. This is due to the fact that the body tends to break down alcohol in a much slower manner, than it would break down any other food or beverage. And the risk is that much more heightened in case of the growing foetus, because the tiny bodies are not equipped to handle the breaking down process properly. This may lead to a rise of the blood alcohol level of the foetus, keeping it at that level even after the mother's blood alcohol level has been restored to normal.
- Retardation and Other Related Ailments: When the blood alcohol level of the baby remains high, it can lead to a variety of problems that can go from mild to severe. Retardation, heart ailments and more can be born from this issue. Also, this can lead to deformed facial features as well as behavioural problems like aggression.
- Smoking and Low Birth Weight: When you smoke during your pregnancy, it doubles your risk of birthing a baby whose weight is significantly lower than the acceptable standard and what is considered normal (learn more about the affect of smoking on your and your baby's health)
- Smoking and Other Complications: Also, smoking during pregnancy increases the chances of having an ectopic pregnancy, which can lead to the loss of the foetus. Further, you can also end up having a premature baby, if you smoke during pregnancy, as this will lead to the burst of your water before the actual labour begins. Finally, smoking during pregnancy can give rise to complications in the placenta, which will result in a separation of the placenta from the uterine wall, much before the delivery actually happens.
Hi, I am 22 years old. Before 2 years ago I had sex with my boy friend during that time I got pregnant 2 times and I take pills to abode it due to those pills I suffered with lot of pain an d so much bleeding due to which I losesweith ,hair fall and nad bad health condition. After this I am worried now that is there is any problem to conceive again with me because now i'm very week and become thin and not gaining weight also and my menses are very short for just 2 to 3 days only. I want to recover my self again for good health and better mind. please suggest me best. I have undergone for a medical test of feritin level that is just 19 only according to reports.
I lost my virginity with my boyfriend, i am so much worried I don't know how it happened But I'm not sure I will marry him or not How can I get again virginity?
I have exactly 30 days of marriage but I feel negative thoughts because I had most masturbation that's why feel sad . Please give me a idea for how to create quick conceive for my wife?
I have lots of facial hair, some acne also, my periods also get delayed but rarely. I am four years married and took all the related tests as I had problem in conceiving but all the tests were fine except in ultrasound there was some issue due to which doctor suspected pcod but when hormonal test was done it was fine so the possibility of pcod was overruled. But now I have conceived and I am 6 weeks pregnant. I feel consistent pain in lower abdomen and also after I take susten200 I feel diziness. My doctor told me its normal. Also in ultrasound the same issue is there and in urine my epithelial cells are 10-20. Is everything fine or there can be some issue?
I am 11 weeks pregnant now. My history was; hyperptolatemia, pcod and one time miscarry. Now my scan report is normal. HR also normal. Now am getting leg pain, sometimes getting abdominal pain and since three days am getting headache also. Why am getting headache? Is there any problem with me?
I am having infection in groin area from last 6 months. It spread wide fastly. Can you help me about this?
Me and my gf had sex last night, she is still bleeding and have a lot of pain, she is even cannot walk properly due to pain. What should I do to reduce her pain? Please suggest thanks doctor!
My mother right armpit and breast pain sometimes before two year age 52 pain in not regular take when she take medicine then she feel good but always feel pain what's the problem please explain.
For a morning jog of no longer than 30 or 45 minutes at a relaxed pace (you can hold a conversation), a glass of water might be all that's needed ahead of time provided you had a decent dinner the night before. But if last night's meal wasn't filling or if you ate it early, drinking some orange juice or a banana will replace glycogen stores in your muscles to stave off sluggishness. If you're heading out in the afternoon, have a snack like fruit yogurt, milk and fruit, nuts, and milk or nut chikki.
There's no need to take in calories immediately, but try to eat a snack, your breakfast or your next meal within an hour or two. Skipping a solid post-run meal could lead to lethargy or sugar cravings later in the day or down the road, even sickness or injury.