Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kalaivani Mohan
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kalaivani MohanYour feedback matters!
I am an unmarried female of 23 age. I am having problems with my periods. I get some amount of bleedings even after 10 days of my last periods. And this month i.e. Today I am on my 2nd day of periods. I found little pieces of meat like things which made fe afraid. Wht should I do?
Unlike the rest of our body, our teeth do not have the power to heal themselves. This is because cells that are responsible for the healing process are not present in large numbers in the teeth.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!
Hello, I have been married for 4 months. These days my menstrual cycle is unscheduled. It gets delayed by 5-6 days every month. Also, I am getting heavy bleeding with pain in back & leg calves & a lot weakness which makes me unable to keep active and get up of bed. I have a problem of vertigo frequently, however I don't know if it's related to this anyhow. Please suggest if all this is normal or any home remedy can help or should I consult in personal. Thanks.
Had my menses 7 march and have not had period since. I had sex on 6 April and took postinor 2 first pill 1 hour later and second pill exactly 12 hours on. Now on the 8 April I tested negative for home urine pregnancy test but still not had my period and today is 11 April. Am worried pls help.
Tulsi leaf a day = No cancer
1 lemon a day = No fat
1 glass of milk a day = No bone problem
3 litres of water a day = No diseases.
My wife was pregnant but suddenly she fainted and now when we visited hospital doctor upon ultrasound made conclusion that baby is dead I intra uterine death but after few hours now my wife feel that baby is revolving inside like normal. She is admitted in hospital and her hemoglobin was 2.2 upon tests so she is undergoing blood transfusion what should we do now.
I am 24 years old woman and my husband is 27. We are planning to have baby next year. We also want know what is appropriate age for pregnancy.
Sir/madam. My child is 40 days old.in her left breast there is nod and she feels pain for last today. The milk for it yellowish colour so she does not feed from it. Is it a serious problem. Due to the holidays we are not able to consultant doctor. My child cries a lot has she doesn't get enough milk. Please help.
Smoking has several bad effects on your body, and it can invite many diseases be it related to the heart, lungs, brain or respiratory system. Millions of people everywhere in this world die from problems triggered by smoking. Cigarette smoking is one of the most harmful threats to your body; there is no way you can expect to remain safe while being an addict. It is not easy to give up smoking in a day. You might require some other sort of oral stimulation in the process of quitting.
There are many toxic compounds in a cigarette which further damage your cells. Tobacco is carcinogenic and hence cigarette smoking can result in several types of cancer. Tobacco smoke mainly consists of:
- Nicotine: This is an extremely addictive substance. As smokers are hooked to the nicotine, they find it very hard to quit. This acts really fast on their lungs, and reaches to the brain within 15 seconds after you inhale.
- Carbon monoxide: It is a dangerous gas without any taste or smell. You body absorbs it immediately as it is very hard to discriminate between oxygen and carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide decreases heart rate and muscle functions thus pushing you towards slow death.
- Tar: It is a poisonous chemical which causes cancer. Whilst smoking, 70% tar remains in your lungs. It is basically a sticky brown material.
Smoking is one of the most important reasons behind preventable deaths. The diseases that can be caused by smoking are:
- Brain: stroke is one most threatening diseases that can be caused by smoking. Smoking increases your chances of suffering from a stroke. Smoking increases brain aneurysm, which develops the chances of stroke. It can rupture the blood vessels in your brain and it can lead to brain death too.
- Heart: when you smoke the smoke enters the blood vessels of your body and it damages the blood circulation system. It can give you several heart diseases like - stroke, heart attack, coronary heart problem and peripheral heart problem.
- Lungs: your lungs get the worst effects of smoking. Asthma, cough, wheezing and cold are just the tip of the iceberg. Your lungs directly absorb the nicotine and tar. Other diseases like pneumonia, lung cancer and emphysema can also occur.
- Mouth and throat: smoking causes very common oral problems like bad breath and stained teeth. It can also cause gum cancer and throat cancer. 93% of throat, head and neck cancers occur due to smoking.
- Infertility and reproduction: smoking destroys blood vessels, which supply blood to the penis causing male impotence. It destroys sperm count in men and egg count in women. It can also cause cervical cancer. Apart from this smoking also causes premature birth, stillbirth and illness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.