Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kalaiselvi VairavelYour feedback matters!
What is symptoms of thyroid. I visited hospital he told me get a t3 and t4 test because i think thyroid can be cause of heavy pain in the body.
What should my uncle's blood sugar be when he wakes up (when he is fasting) and what should it be after he has his meals.
I have a problem with thyroid so give suggestions how to cure and what are the medicine should I take.
My husband is suffering from uric acid level 7.8 please suggest what food must be avoided and which food is good for him. He loves to eat nuts ie munghfali the most. Can it be avoided or have no problem to eat.
Hi sir my cousin 26 Year old female recently she knows, having diabetes results like fbs 252 mg/dl, pbs 309 and Hb A1c 8.7% so please tel me witch type of dait and treatment she have to take and how to consult doctor.
I did my cbc test and its normal except for my erythrocyte sedimentation rate is 30 mm at 1 hr And sugar pp (post breakfast) is 101 mg/dl. I loose concentration while studying .n my intake capacity of information has become low compared to before. Can you help me.
My grandfather is diabetes patient and doctor still change their medicine to control sugar near about 10 times but it was still facing fluctuations in sugar level. Can he start for regular insulin injection and also suggest special food as he is very weak. His age are 75 years. Thanx.
3 month before my uric acid is 10 then as per doctor I started medicine eboxo40 for 2 months then it become 4.7 then stop medicine by endocrinologist doctor for 1 month now my uric acid is 8.1 why it is increased I am not taking alcohol and non veg. What is the reason and solutions.
My Father is suffering from High Sugar and High BP after the treatment of 2 year in this field so please suggest me how.
Hi my father has blood sugar level 120 before breakfast but after food he has 218 how to control it? is any new medication is required?
1. Foods Belonging to Brassica Family:
Consume foods like cauliflower, brussels sprouts, peanuts, cabbage, broccoli, kale, mustard greens, turnips, rutabagas, soybeans, spinach etc which contains goitrogens.
• Goitrogens helps to block the ability of thyroid to use iodine and hence slows down the activity of the thyroid.
• Eat raw cruciferous vegetables to get maximum benefit as goitrogens are active in the raw state.
2. Include More Berries:
Add at least one serving of berries in your diet plan to control hyperthyroidism.
• Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries contain anti-oxidants which improves your immune system.
3. Omega-3 fatty Acid and Proteins:
Omega -3- fatty acid helps to control the hyper stimulated thyroid gland. Proteins are necessary for the building of muscles and to provide energy for the body. Protein sources also contain l-glutamine which helps in rebuilding the gut and de-inflaming the body.
• Eat cold water fish, flax seed oil and nuts to get the omega-3-fatty acid necessary for the body.
• Include soy, turkey, walnuts, salmon, tuna and trout in your hyperthyroidism diet.
4. Dairy Products:
Hyperactivity of the thyroid gland can remove the calcium from your blood. The body compensates this loss by leaching calcium from the bones. This can cause osteoporosis.
• Include three servings of yoghurt, cheese, milk or cottage cheese in your daily diet.
5. Spinach and Collard Greens:
If you are allergic to dairy products, you can get your daily supply of calcium from vegetable sources like spinach collard greens etc.
• Figs, prunes and sesame seeds are also excellent hyperthyroidism foods.
This is another vital component of hyperthyroidism diet. The hyperactive thyroid gland can deplete the zinc.
• Include almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, peanuts which are rich in zinc in your diet.
7. Fiber Rich Foods and Anti Inflammatory Foods:
Fiber rich foods are beneficial for the proper working of the thyroid gland. Anti inflammatory herbs help to reduce the inflammation of the thyroid which is the reason for hyperthyroidism.
• Include whole grain foods, like oatmeal, whole grain breads, brown rice etc in your food.
• The anti inflammatory herbs to be included in your diet are turmeric, ginger, rosemary, cinnamon and oregano.
8. Antioxidant Rich Foods and Vitamin D:
It is also necessary to consume antioxidants and vitamin d rich foods in the diet. This will reduce the oxidative stress caused by hyperthyroidism. Vitamin D can reduce the inflammation and auto- immune reactions of the body.
• Avocados, olive oil broccoli etc contain antioxidants.
• Salmon is a good source of vitamin D. You can get your daily dose of vitamin D from eggs, mushrooms etc.
• Spend 20-30 minutes in the sun to get the necessary vitamin D for the body.
9. Cassava, Sorghum, and Millet
These food items contain cyanogenic glucosides which blocks the iodine availability of the gland.
• These foods increase the immune function and gives protection from osteoporosis
10. Vitamin C and Vitamin E
These vitamins are helpful in reducing the oxidative stress caused by the hyperactivity of thyroid glands.
• All the citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C.
• Bell peppers, olive oil, wheat etc are a good source of vitamin E.