Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KalaimaniYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor. I am getting irregular mensuration cycle that to with heavy bleeding. I need to control my bleeding.
I was having 3 and half month before Abdominal pain doctor gave me meftal spas for stop that pain. And second day morning. When I went to washroom the baby sac comes out through urine and blood clots so I want to know that why it happens and if I want to plan for next when should I plan.
Many people choose to utilize essential oils for asthma, as they can reduce respiratory inflammation and prevent a severe reaction to the triggers from asthma. By definition, asthma is the chronic inflammation of the airway, typically caused by certain triggers in the environment, or through physical activity. An asthma attack is basically an allergic reaction, in which the immune system overreacts to a trigger, sending a rush of blood and histamines to the respiratory tracts. This can cause a release of mucus in the airways and swelling of the respiratory tracts, making it difficult to breathe. When combined with the inflammation of the tissues, this can cause spasms in the respiratory system, causing wheezing and coughing.
Some of the most common triggers for asthma include cigarette smoke, animal dander, changes in weather, physical exertion, respiratory infections, sulfides in certain foods and beverages, perfumes, environmental pollutants and chemical irritants. With such a wide range of potential triggers, asthma is an unpredictable and dangerous condition. Some asthmatic attacks can be fatal if rapid treatment (via an inhaler or essential oil) is not administered. Some people develop asthma as they get older, while others are genetically predisposed and suffer from this condition from childhood. Due to the potential risks of asthma attacks, pharmaceutical treatments are highly recommended by doctors, but essential oils for asthma, particularly in mild cases, can be very effective.
List of best essential oils for asthma:
Some of the most useful essential oils for asthma include chamomile, clove, peppermint, lavender, eucalyptus, oregano, thyme, frankincense and tea tree oils.
1. Thyme oil
With its immune-boosting properties, as well as its expectorant and antibacterial abilities, thyme oil is ideal for asthma sufferers, as it can clear out the excess mucus in the respiratory tracts and eliminate infections that can exacerbate asthma symptoms.
How to use – this essential oil can be added to a steam inhalation treatment, or mixed with other aromatic compounds or carrier oils and applied to the chest, where it can be inhaled throughout the night for clear breathing in the morning.
2. Lavender oil
There are certain sedative and anti-inflammatory properties of lavender oil that make it ideal for treating asthma. It can reduce swelling in the respiratory tracts and soothe muscle contractions, preventing the bronchospasms that can cause wheezing.
How to use – you can add lavender oil to a warm bath and inhale deeply from the aromatic fumes, or mix lavender oil with jojoba oil and apply it to the chest as a vapor rub. After 20-30 minutes, you can wipe your chest clean, as the smell can be quite potent.
￼3. Eucalyptus oil
One of the active ingredients in eucalyptus oil, eucalyptol, is a known expectorant that can also break up excess mucus in the respiratory tracts, making it easier to breathe, while also soothing ;inflammation in the throat and breathing passages.
How to use – add 4-5 drops of eucalyptus oil to a pot of steaming water, cover your head with a towel, and breathe deeply so the microparticles of the oil can do their essential work in your respiratory tracts.
4. Oregano oil
Asthma symptoms are often compounded or exacerbated by respiratory infections and a weak immune system; oregano oil is packed with antibacterial and antiviral compounds that can boost your respiratory health and make your immune system less susceptible to overreactions in the form of asthmatic attacks.
How to use – do not use this oil in an inhaler or room diffuser, as it can cause breathing difficulties. However, when rubbed on the chest, neck or throat, it can absorb into the skin and provide relief.
5. Tea tree oil
When an irritant or asthma trigger enters the body, it stimulates an immune system response in the form of excess mucus production and inflamed airways. Tea tree oil can directly counter this response by the body and prevent a serious asthma episode.
How to use – due to the potency of tea tree oil, it should only be inhaled, rather than topically applied. Add 5-6 drops to a pot of steaming water, cover your head with a towel and breathe deeply for rapid, soothing relief.
6. Frankincense oil
This is one of the best essential oils for asthma, as it can not only reduce inflammation in the airways, but also prevent allergic reactions by the body. It will cut through mucus and relieve tightness in the chest, promoting normal, healthy breathing, even in the midst of an asthma attack.
How to use – many people choose to diffuse frankincense oil into the air for all-day relief from respiratory conditions, although applying a diluted version of this oil (with coconut oil) to your chest at night can help you breathe normally all night for uninterrupted sleep.
7. Clove oil
The anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic properties of this popular essential oil make it the perfect choice for asthma patients; it can prevent the respiratory tracts from seizing up when an allergen is detected, while also easing muscle tension in the throat so breathing can continue without interruption.
How to use – clove oil has a wonderful aroma, making it a popular choice in room diffusers, as well as steam inhalation treatments. Some people choose to mix it with a carrier oil (such as almond or olive oil) and use it as a chest rub. However, sensitivity to this oil is quite high, so never place the undiluted oil on the skin.
8. Peppermint oil
Armed with decongestant, anti-spasmodic, soothing and anti-inflammatory properties, peppermint oil is an excellent remedy for asthma sufferers, even during an asthma attack. It can open the breathing passages and prevent an asthma attack from becoming more severe.
How to use – you can topically use peppermint oil on your chest to promote good respiratory health, or add a few drops of this oil in a steaming pot for an inhalation treatment. Adding 10 drops to a warm bath and inhaling deeply as you soak is also a good approach for asthma.
9. Chamomile oil
This legendary anti-inflammatory oil is able to soothe respiratory inflammation and support the immune system, making it less likely to overreact to potential triggers. It can also function as an expectorant to eliminate excess mucus from the throat and lungs, making asthma attacks less severe.
How to use – you can add a few drops of chamomile oil to a cup of chamomile tea for a direct treatment of the respiratory tracts, although you can also inhale this oil during a steam inhalation treatment to help you keep your breathing clear all day.
A word of warning
The inhalation or application of essential oils for asthma can be extremely effective, but there are a number of risks associated with essential oil use. Allergic reactions can be common, along with skin inflammation and gastrointestinal distress (when consumed). Furthermore, some essential oils are slower acting than others, so in the midst of an asthma attack, they may not provide the instantaneous relief that is necessary. If you are an asthma sufferer, it is critical that you speak to your doctor about the severity of your condition and the potential risks of using essential oils for asthma. Severe cases of asthma can result in impaired or completely blocked respiratory function, so great care should be taken when treating this potentially fatal form of inflammation.
My wife is pregnant. Its her 4th week. Can she drink cranberry juice of real juice company as she have wheat allergy. What other things can she have as she is suffering from wheat allergy and thyroid problem.
Hi doctor. I am in 30 week pregnancy. My baby bump is normal. It didn't look like a pregnant lady. Everybody says that my baby's growth can't occur properly but my doctor says that it is perfect. How can I know that my baby is growing properly or not. Now my weight is 60 kg.
Hello sir/mam! I am 23 yr, 1 years back in october 2015 I had taken periods delaying tablet uske bd periods thoda upar niche ho rhe the. Uske bd I had taken ocp 72 hr in January. Uske kuch din bad se mere periods delay ho rhe the 15-20 days weight gain b ho rha h. 15 days z the maximum days jb delay hote h.abhi kuch din pehle hi itna delay hue. Den bleeding bhi jyda nhi hui but blood was in darkest red or brown in colour. 2 din bleeding rahi uske kuch din bd spotting dikh rhi thi. Or aj thoda bleeding hui. I do not understand muje kya ho rha. Is there any serious problem? Please help!
After taking misoprostol I got periods in 24 hours for the 5-6 days but again when I check for the pregnancy test after 12 days it was positive. M I pregnant? Or if not then how many days it will take to show negative pregnancy test?
I started having sex since 1 year and sexually active and very aroused for sex and I'm 27 now Since puberty my vagina is very very dry and never got leucorrhoea Now I get difficulty in sex and always have to use lubricant to avoid pain during sex Even when my boyfriend licks my vagina for long time I get aroused but I don't get any discharge He says it tastes normal No offensive smell No itching No eruption I had sex till today only with my boyfriend and never used any contraceptive please help me to get a natural vaginally discharge.
The after effects of any surgery can be harsh on the body. Post knee replacement surgery, one will need to remain in a straight and relaxed position for a long time due to the bed rest prescribed by the orthopaedic specialist. Yet, it is important to carry out some kind of activity after the surgery so as to make the knee strong, firm and ready to be normal again.
Here are a few physiotherapy exercises that can help post knee replacement patients:
- Pumps and Circles: Ankle pumps and circles should be done in sets of ten per direction. This can help in ensuring that the blood circulation and nerve function normalise within no time after the surgery. This action is especially helpful because it affects the heels, calves and leg muscles before reaching the knee. Ensure that you rotate each foot clockwise and the counter clockwise.
- Thigh Squeeze: The thigh squeeze is an excellent want to ensure that you are working the muscles of the legs without putting undue pressure on the knees. This is especially helpful when you have been advised bed rest. This motion involves squeezing and releasing the thighs so that there is some amount of firmness that is being built along with strength and stamina. You can hold the squeeze for five to ten seconds before you relax and try again.
- Heel Slide: The heel slide is a good option for those who are going through bed rest. This exercise ensures that you work your knee in a suitable way as the bending motion gets the knee to get used to being functional again. Due to the posture of the patient, this does not put pressure on the knee. Slowly bring your heel up, stop and then slide it down. Repeat at least ten times for each knee before increasing it to twenty times.
- Kicks: While you are lying down, you can render small kicks into the air. Repeat at least ten times for each leg before increasing it gradually to twenty kicks per leg. This should be done when you are lying flat on your back. This exercise can help in flexing and strengthening your quadriceps. Hold the kick for at least five to ten seconds before you relax and repeat with the other leg.
- Sitting Flex: You can also sit in a chair and flex your knee, holding the leg out in front of you for at least five to ten seconds, before slowly bringing it down and lifting again. This will help in strengthening the thigh and knee to a great extent.
You will need to exercise regularly in order to recover well after a knee replacement procedure.
Am 23old female am married I have thyroid from past 5yrs am not able 2 conceive d percent wat I should please tell me.
Hello, My last mc came last month on 20th jan but still not come I just play with my boyfriend so how can I know pregnant or not?
My wife is 17 weeks pregnant. Need to know whether supplements such as WHEATGRASS powder, SPIRULINA CAPSULES & OMEGA 3 Can be taken during this periods.
Doctor mujje ek baat batao pregnant hona ho to sex ka bhi koi din hota hai kya. Or pregnant hone ke liye kitne baar sex karna padta hai. Aur doctor please describe karke mujhe poori information dijiye. Mein bohot pareshan hun meri wife pregnant nahi ho rahi hai.
Gonorrhea is a bacterial disease that is transmitted through intimate contact. If not treated on time, gonorrhea can become serious. Every year millions of people get affected with this disease across the globe.The area of infection predominantly involves the anus, vagina, penis and urethra.
Symptoms of gonorrhea
Gonorrhea often shows no symptoms. It is found that only two out of ten women show signs of gonorrhea and one out of ten men show signs of gonorrhea. This disease can take as long as 14 days to show any signs of its existence. Some common signs in women include menstrual irregularities, throwing up, abdominal pain, painful intercourse, swelling of the vulva, frequent urination and yellowish vaginal discharge. Some common signs among men include burning sensation while urinatingand discharge of pus during urination. Some common symptoms include itching of the anus, throat selling, oral infection and painful bowel movements.
- Complications in pregnancy: Apart from premature labour and stillbirth, gonorrhea can get passed on to the fetus as well. Some other symptoms include eye infection and joint and blood infection. If the fetus gets an eye infection, antibiotics drop is prescribed by the Doctor.
- Infertility: If gonorrhea is not treated for a long time, it can lead to infertility. Women might find infections in regions such as the uterus, fallopian tube and ovaries. Men might find infection in their testicles, urethra, etc. It can lead to a condition known as the epididymitis. If this condition is not treated, men can become permanently infertile.
- Arthritis: Arthritis can lead to a condition known as the disseminated gonococcal infection (DGI). This is a condition, which leads to arthritis or soring of skin. Women are more prone to developing this condition than men. Some common symptoms include fever, joint pain and fever. If DGI is not treated on time, it can lead to permanent damage of joints.
How is gonorrhea treated?
Gonorrhea is easily treatable and medication involves antibiotics along with other drugs. In case a pregnant woman gets diagnosed with gonorrhea, antibiotics are not prescribed. It is strictly advised not to involve in any sexual activities while the treatment is underway. Some of the common precautions that should be taken while undergoing treatment involves the following:
- Taking the medication on time. At times, symptoms go away, but completing the full medication course as prescribed by the doctor is required in order to completely get rid of the bacteria.
- Gonorrhea medicines should not be shared with anyone
- Consulting the doctor every three months to ensure that the disease is fully cured
- To make sure that your partner gets treated along with you in order to mitigate the risk of recurrence. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.