Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kalaimani
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KalaimaniYour feedback matters!
My husband just rubbed his penis outside my vagina unprotected? Is there any chance of getting pregnant? Or any STD? Do I have to take any precaution?
Hello. My age 21 and 75 kgs height 5.7. I am suffering from pcod since 1 year and increasing my weight day by day. I used cycloset syrup for 3months and nw my using apcod sachets twice daily since 6 months but der is no result and I am not getting periods regularly. I am getting when I take deviry for 5 days and next after 10 days I am getting menses. My friends advising me took to take 21 contraceptive pills per month. Is it correct to take it. Any advice for my problem. I am tired to go to hospital n I have consulted many doctors for my problem. So please give me better suggestion in curing my problem thank you.
Hi, I'm 25 years old recently married. My periods are late for a week and a half, supposed to get periods on 15 th, Also suffering from cramps, nausea,back pain. Did a home pregnancy test the result was negative. Am I pregnant or not? Shud I do another test?
I am 27 year old male and married last six month. From past 4 months we had unprotected sex for planning baby but no result yet. So pls kindly suggest for further treatment.
When a girl is pregnant Nd she is doing sex then there will be chances of any problem? and what the problem create in a boy and girl?
Without taking pills my girlfriend never have periods and sometimes pills also don't work. I want to know the reason why is she suffering from this kind of problem.
One of my friend had unprotected sex with her husband and after 15 days of due date she did not get her periods. She tested for pregnancy with pregnancy test kit at home also and kit shown negative. Why this happens so any there any chances to pregnancy also? What should she do to avoid pregnancy in such case?
My boyfriend tried to insert his finger in my vagina, but that was a superficial insertion and was not much deeper. But from that Day my vagina has become red and I feel pain while peeing. Please give me some remedy.
I am 24 years old. I am 24 weeks pregnant. I am suffering from cramps in lower legs. What should I do? Also suggest me diet chart.
Common Cause of Infertility in Females
- One of the two ovaries releases a mature egg.
- The egg is picked up by the fallopian tube.
- Sperm swim up the cervix, through the uterus and into the fallopian tube to reach the egg for fertilization.
- The fertilized egg travels down the fallopian tube to the uterus.
- The fertilized egg implants and grows in the uterus.
In women, a number of factors can disrupt this process at any step. Female infertility is caused by one or more of these factors.
Ovulation disorders, meaning you ovulate infrequently or not at all, account for infertility in about 25 percent of infertile couples. These can be caused by flaws in the regulation of reproductive hormones by the hypothalamus or the pituitary gland, or by problems in the ovary itself.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).In PCOS, complex changes occur in the hypothalamus, pituitary gland and ovaries, resulting in a hormone imbalance, which affects ovulation. PCOS is associated with insulin resistance and obesity, abnormal hair growth on the face or body, and acne. It’s the most common cause of female infertility.
- Hypothalamic dysfunction.The two hormones responsible for stimulating ovulation each month — follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH) — are produced by the pituitary gland in a specific pattern during the menstrual cycle. Excess physical or emotional stress, a very high or very low body weight, or a recent substantial weight gain or loss can disrupt this pattern and affect ovulation. The main sign of this problem is irregular or absent periods.
- Premature ovarian insufficiency.This disorder is usually caused by an autoimmune response where your body mistakenly attacks ovarian tissues or by premature loss of eggs from your ovary due to genetic problems or environmental insults such as chemotherapy. It results in the loss of the ability to produce eggs by the ovary, as well as a decreased estrogen production under the age of 40.
- Too much prolactin.Less commonly, the pituitary gland can cause excess production of prolactin (hyperprolactinemia), which reduces estrogen production and may cause infertility. Most commonly this is due to a problem in the pituitary gland, but it can also be related to medications you’re taking for another disease.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
I have noticed blood in urine from last few days and have a burning sensation too. And periods also heavy bleeding. Please advice. My age is 50 years.
Hi yesterday my wife started with periods so in future which date we will do intercourse to conceive please do advise and also suggest is there any medicine also?
Hello mam/sir she had periods before a week ago and after that we had unprotected sex or we can say that we do not use condoms while having sex and I come his vagina and she is bleeding and after 10 to 15 mint I give unwanted 72 pill to her is there chances to get pregnant plzz give me some proper solution.
I am Dr Mohan Raut. I am practising Gynaecology from last 27 years and partner of ICPRM, India's first Immunotherapy centre for patients of treatments with repeated miscarriages or IVF failure or Implantation failure.
Today I am going to talk on an interesting topic, Pregnancy as Nature's miracle and how Immunology plays an important role in pregnancy maintenance?
Our body has a defence mechanism for Immunology system which protects us from various diseases. So anything which is foreign to our body is not acceptable to our body and our body builds up and immunological response against that. This is how the bacteria viruses which are prone to enter our body are prevented by our immunological system. Even in case of transplant is done, suppose kidney transplant, our body will not accept any kidney. It has to be matched with our body, tissue match is important. In a transplant, the kidney is donated by blood relation which can be easily acceptable.
Now in pregnancy lets see what happens. In pregnancy, 50% is from the mother and 50% is from the father. Now the part which comes from father's body is a foreigner to mother's body. So practically, there should be a rejection of pregnancy, but it doesn't happen. Because normally, there are immunological mechanisms within mother's body which protect the pregnancy in the uterus. Now in some unfortunate women, these mechanisms don't react normally or they are abnormal and because of which mother's immunological system considers the pregnancy as foreign and builds up an immunological response against the pregnancy. This stops the growth of pregnancy and leads to miscarriage. Now depending upon on what stage this response becomes maximum, we can get maximum presentations;
- Like when the response is late, then there will be a pregnancy, then the growth will stop and leads to miscarriage.
- If it an early stage possible, then there will be only a pregnancy test positive. Nothing will be seen in sonography and there will be a biochemical pregnancy.
- Or if happens very early, before missing the periods, then it leads to implantation failure and infertility.
So this is called as Alloimmune problem, responsible for miscarriages. This problem can be diagnosed with certain tests and can be treated with the treatment called immunotherapy.
In my next video, I will tell that how we can diagnose various immunological problems and other causes of repeated miscarriages.
For more information, you can contact me on www.lybrate.com.