Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. KalaichelvanYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor am 25 years old. I have been married since two years and now we are getting ready for the family planing, so for that we had made a pre-conceptional visit with our doctor and she had checked my BP and had given few tests like Hb, Thyroid profile, FBS/PPBS and Rubella Ag Test. So the other test results were normal except the Bp (132/88 for the first visit and 130/92 for the second visit) & Rubella Ag Test that gave a non reactive result within a range of 9.30 and advised me to take the vaccination (R-Vac) on my second day of the menstrual cycle and reminded me to Not to get pregnant within 1 month. For the HT my doctor suggested me to meet a physician so for that I met a consultant physician so he checked my BP and it was normal. But for clearance of vaccination I asked him about the rubella ag test so he advised me that after getting the vaccination, I should Not get pregnant for minimum 6 months, since its a live attenuated vaccine so it may take time. So Doctor my question is how long should I not plan for the pregnancy after vaccination? Is it 6 months or 1 month? Is there any specific date for the vaccination as mentioned above (the second day of menstrual cycle)? Or any time?
I am suffering from cough for last two weeks and when I cough hard my chest start paining please suggest what should I do.
Hi sir I am having miss beats in my heart it happens mostly while I am lying I am taken all the test but there is nothing wrong please suggest something.
I am suffering from sugar suggested me some better meal for daily routine and exercise as soon as possible and I hsve blood pressure also for bp I take less amount of salt.
I feel pin poking like pain in left side of my chest sometimes, cannot gain weight even if I have a proper north-indian diet, I think if there is some lump formed in my testicle. Please provide me some help.
Hi i am Having been taking olmy for Five years, now my BP is around 100/70. Should I stop taking olmy.
Can the high LDL cholesterol patients can also intake ghee? Pls advice. We observed the LDL cholesterol as 146. Pls suggest us some healthy ways to maintain back the correct level of LDL with diet habits (food list) and exercises.
My wife is suffering from high Uric Acid Lab Test report is 6.4 mg, Suggest me for her suitable diet, How to decrease the high Level Uric Acid, Also give some home tips. Which vegetables are rich in Vegetable Protein.
Sir I have already ask about gynecomastia which is in right side of my chest ,no pain in that side but some times there is pain upper part of chest at left side ,sir what may be the reason.
I am a 28 year old male. My chest get pain so I am checked up sonography. Came to results. Minimal right hydronephrosis with hydrohureter with 4mm sized calculus in lower ureter. What to do ?
I hv eye pressure problem from last 2 year. It remains around 30. Also there is redness in eye. Pls advice for keeping low pressure and remove redness of eye.
Sir when I am wake up in the morning sometimes a lightweight ache is appearing on my chest. What is the reason of it and what is the solution. Please tell me sir.
Natural ways to cure BP which fruits and vegetables must eat daily dry fruits how much exercise how much yoga and how water should take.
I. Am. Suffering. From. Diabetes last 5 Years. But now I am suffering frim high blood pressure. Please suggest diet.
I am 21 year male my height is 164 cm and weight 70 kgs I have problem of blood pressure i. E, 160/100 or hypertension at this age high bp I done blood test also but found nothing kindly sugest me some thing so that I can able to recover.
High blood pressure is a condition which occurs when the pressure of the blood flow through the arteries increases, resulting in intense pressure. Hypertension occurs when the systolic pressure (pressure at which the heart pumps blood) and the diastolic pressure (pressure at which the heart relaxes) is more than 140 and 90 respectively.
Symptoms of high blood pressure are:
- Shortness of breath: If you have high blood pressure, then you may experience regular shortness of breath.
- Headaches: You may experience headaches on a regular basis.
- Weakness of the heart muscles: Hypertension results in a weak heart which may not be able to pump blood properly.
- Narrowing of blood vessels: Narrowing of blood vessels may lead to other complications such as failure of the kidneys, heart and brain.
- Vision problems: It may lead to vision problems as blood vessels in the eye may be affected.
The various causes of blood pressure are:
- Tobacco: If you smoke on a regular basis, you put yourself at an increased risk of getting affected by blood pressure.
- Lifestyle: Not exercising regularly, eating a sodium rich diet are all factors which can increase the chances of hypertension.
- Age: The chances of getting affected by hypertension increase as you age.
- Weight: Being excessively obese also increases your risk of getting affected by hypertension.
- Diabetes: Being diabetic makes you more prone to getting affected by diabetes.
- Hyperthyroidism: If you have an overactive thyroid gland, then it may result in hypertension.
Hypertension may result in various health complications in the body such as:
- Aneurysm: This is a disorder of the blood vessels which causes the blood vessels to bulge and weaken.
- Heart attack: High blood pressure causes the arteries to harden and thicken which may lead to a heart attack.
- Metabolic syndrome: This syndrome refers to a group of complications such as high and bad cholesterol levels and insulin levels in the body.
- Impaired brain functioning: It may also impair your ability to learn and impact your cognitive skills. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.