Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kala Suresh
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kala SureshYour feedback matters!
I am 23 year old male and used to have dyspnoea at regular intervals. I have used salbutamol and montelukast substitutes. Can you please tell me any other options which will not harm my body?
I am diabetic 66 years old suffering from fungus in my penis. The effect of this is bad throat cough. Please advise.
I am 23 yrs old male having many problems. I have 15 yrs of allergy (sneezing) and taking nezalast nasal spray occassionally. Then I have 4 yrs of asthma. My both eyes have keratoconus and c3r is done before 4 yrs. I have history of cholesterole on border line and hypertension too. And importantly I have history of mitral valve prolapse (mvp). What should I have to do to control these all?
I am suffering from dry cough. I had tried some cough syrup and medicines but nothing worked. Can you please suggest any medicines for my problem.
Hi sir/madam I am suffered from cold and cough from last one week onwards and I am using medical also but problem was not solved. So kindly give me suggestion to get solve my problem.
I am suffering from dry cough since 4 months, i've had my urine, saliva, running and blood test done. I've taken all the prescriptions my doc had given but still I have no relif. He said I have li'll cough in my lungs. I do smoke tough but trying to quit. What should I do? Any home remedies would help? And i'm also having a itch under my testicles and beside them on the thigh and when I itch it there will be a small pimples there and it dosent feel good. Thank you.
Sir, since milk is the best of calcium but I am a milk intolerant so cannot take the same. Sir lassi prepared from curd provides the same amount of calcium as of milk. Further please tell me also whether lassi possess the same amount of calcium and nutritions which curd provides.
I am a 13 year old girl. My weight is 60 kg and height is 164 cm. I play tennis and I get fatigued very fast, after running for 200 m I am short of breath and am not able to run further, it takes me at least 20 minutes to become normal. It has been 6 months now and I run 5 days a week, still there is no improvement. Sometimes it is so horrible that feel I will die if I don't stop. I also feel very sad and depressed and feel like crying every second, there is no particular reason but many reasons altogether. What should I do?
The human lungs are an intricate and a vital organ of the body. This organ is responsible for filtering the air you breathe, separating the oxygen and infusing it in the blood to be used by the body. The lungs have multiple tube-like structures within it, known as the bronchial tubes. The lining of these tubes may become inflamed due to a bacterial or viral infection and thus result in bronchitis. However, a significant percentage of bronchial inflammation or bronchitis is also caused by allergies. Inflammation causes swelling which not only results in breathing difficulties, but also causes other problems as well such as excess production of mucus, painful coughing and heaviness in the chest area, etc.
Homeopathic approach towards curing allergic bronchitis
Homeopathy is a form of medication which is symptom based and takes into account the general disposition of the person along with the apparent symptoms. Thus, prescribing medications also differs according to the differences in each patient. Some of the more well-known homeopathic medications usually prescribed are mentioned below. However, you should consult a homeopathic doctor first as they would be able to evaluate your condition best and then prescribe the correct medications accordingly.
- Arsenica Album: This medication is usually prescribed for people who have general weakness in the body that accompanies bronchitis. Some of the other indications wherein Arsenica Album may be prescribed may include restlessness and increased coughing after midnight and wheezing.
- Antimonium Tartaricum: This is another very effective medication when there is rattling in the chest. However, although you can feel a lot of mucus within, very little of it tends to come out. Antimonium Tartaricum is very effective in such cases. Another indication for this medication is the worsening of the coughing after eating.
- Pulsatilla: If you have a lot of mucosal discharge after coughing which is yellow to greenish in color, then Pulsatilla may be prescribed for you. Some of the other indications wherein Pulsatilla is usually prescribed are a lack of thirst and the cough worsening while lying down which may force you to sit up. Cough also tends to be loose in the morning and becomes drier in the evening.
- Bryonia: Another allrounder medication very effective in treating multiple disorders, Bryonia is very effective in treating Bronchitis as well. Some of the indications where this medication is prescribed would be – extreme thirst, dry cough, dryness of the mucosal membranes in general, pain in the head and chest while coughing and the cough starting when getting into a warmer room.
- Hepar Sulph: An overtly increased sensitivity to cold air or coldness, in general, is the prime indicator for this homeopathic medication. Any exposure to coldness immediately triggers a cough and the coughing tends to be worse in the morning. You may also rattle excessively from cold and wheezing may also be present.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!