Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K.V.Sathyanarayan
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K.V.SathyanarayanYour feedback matters!
I am a 19 year old woman and i am suffering from hypothyroidism, it causes lots of hair fall and weight gaining, i am having homeopathy medicine for it but this hairfall and weight problem depressing me. Wnat to know really effective remedies. Thank you.
Hello, please tell me the good substitute of sugar for making tea. And also for other uses. I do not have diabetes and other diseases. Thank you.
My dad 55 yr old, has a history of chronic gout and rheumatoid arthritis, his recent HbA1c is 9.5, currently he just uses metformin and the last time I checked his sugar levels it was 225, please recommend a stronger tablet for blood sugar control, he also seems to have a recent flare up of diabetes for which he uses indomethacin as pain killer.
I am having blood thyroid. What should I do to reduce it? I need help please. What type of medicine I must take? Else any special treatment for that.
I am 29 years old and having hypothyroidism but it's under control. My question is I am regularly going for aerobics class since last 2 months but my weight is not getting reduced even to 1 kg but 2 years back when I was diagnosed with thyroid and I joined gym for 1 month Only, My weight loss was 3 kgs. When the workout is even more than the previous one?
Have creatinine 2.8,I am diabetic-2 and FBPS and PPBS are normal with medicine. I am on depression and sleeping tab. I want to reduce weight from 70 to 60 kg, can not do walking due to knee problems. I like Dates very much but I am afraid, it may increase my sugar level. Q- Should I take 4 nos of Dates daily.
I am thyroid patient I taking my medicine but my face looks heavy/ puffy or swelling. I feel very embarrassing with my face. I don't know the reason. And I can't breath properly from my left nose. Is both r connected? please suggest for my face. Please help me.
Diabetes refers to a medical condition where the glucose level in your blood increases. It usually happens if there is an excess amount of glucose in your body and your body is unable to utilize it efficiently. In this condition your pancreas either stops producing insulin or fails to produce the requisite amount and hence prevents glucose from entering the cells of your body.
This in turn affects your blood glucose level. Millions of people around the globe are affected by diabetes irrespective of their gender or age. For most people diabetes is generally a lifelong medical condition and can affect your health seriously if it gets severe.
There are many stages and types of diabetes, such as Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes, Gestational diabetes, Pre-diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus and Diabetes Insipidus. Not all diabetes can be prevented but some of the above mentioned ones can be prevented with proper care. Below mentioned are eight tips to prevent diabetes
1. Eating the right portion: The primary key for preventing diabetes is choosing the right amount of food. Eating the right portions can help you to stay away from diabetes. Consider seeking advice from a nutritionist or dietician for knowing the exact portion size you should eat according to your age.
2. Exercise on a regular basis: Exercising regularly for at least half an hour a day can help you to prevent diabetes. You may consider walking or running exercises.
3. Choose the right food: Opt for whole grains as this can help you to maintain your blood sugar level and keep diabetes at bay. Also, try and avoid red meat as it contains high levels of iron which can affect insulin production and increase your chances of developing diabetes.
4. Get rid of obesity: If your BMI is more than thirty then you are suffering from obesity. Obesity increases your chances of developing diabetes. So in order to prevent diabetes you should work at maintaining a balanced weight.
5. Avoid carbonated drinks: Carbonated drinks contain high levels of sugar. This can increase your chances of developing diabetes. So you should try and avoid drinks like colas.
Following the above mentioned tips can help you to avert diabetes.