Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. K.V.SathyanarayanYour feedback matters!
I have been trying to conceive frm d past 5months had gone to d doc for a check up. She gt my prolactin and TSH checked up and everything is normal. She did a follicular study and it showed that everything is ok im jus ovulating on d 21st day of d cycle. Bt I dn seem to have d egg white discharge throughout the cycle. Is ths d reason im unable to conceive? Is d egg white discharge necessary for conception? Ths is my second child.
Sir, I have thyroid problem from past 10 years now I am using thyronorm tables suggest by doctor for permanent treatment.
Hi, my husband has high blood sugar, and that time he used to take 2 medicines 1 is glynase mf, and another one is voglimac - 0.3, but recent fasting sugar test has appeared only 79 so in this case shall he take any medicine or not? if yes then which medicine will to take?
I had cabg in 2003. I have become diabetic for last 8 yrs. I do light exercise including forward bending like paschimotanasana. I have been keeping fine but for last 3 weeks, I am experiencing pain in the chest. Kindly advice if it is due to exercise. My ECG shows LBBB. intake medication regularly.
I have diabetes last hba1c report is 10.0 I am taking human mixtard insulin taking morning 12 units and evening 5 unit. I have thyroid too. Taking thyronorm 75 mg tablet. What should I do reduce hba1c level?
What are the benefits of insulin treatment over the medications for diabetes? Are there any side effects of Insulin treatment?
WHAT IS THE CAUSE OF THYROID? What are the effects of thyroid? AND HOW TO control OR REDUCE IT TO THE NORMAL. My TSH Result is 8.5.
I am taking sitagliptin 100mg on one time a day, volix m 0. 3 alongwith breakfast or dinner time, gp4 before breakfast, or gp2 before diiner from one month but after one month checkups of my bs fasting is 170 and bs pp is 260 now. My age is 39 years male. Ecg and other lipid profile serum cretenine reports are normal. What should I do ?
I am a diabetic since 28 years, past 4 years I am suffering from foot problems (un tolerable burning in night, and numbness in foot) I am taking tablets 1) Pregabid 75 mg 2) Dulotin 10 mg according Dr. Advice, my average blood sugar level 8.2 it is this time, before that it is 7.2 Now blood sugar level will be controlled, FBS 103, PBBS 176 Further what to do kindly inform. Thanking you with kind regrades.
What happens to a diabetic person if three crocin tablets powdered are consumed with bittergourd juice daily ?
My mom is having too much pain in her knees may be arthritis. She is taking medicine but of no use. She is not able to walk some time. Please suggest me some thing. Her age is 50 above having diabetes and high blood pressure some time.
My fasting sugar levels are in the range of 100 to 120 n post is 110 to 140 & when i got my hba1c test done,result was 5.8 n ABG was 120.With these results i wanted to know am i diabetic?
I am 27 year old female suffering from thyroid tsh 12.90 n low blood sugar n low hb n calcium what can I do for this? is it cause any problem in conceiving please reply.
I am a 68 year old thyroid ca patient. If I upload I131 THERAPY scans during past 6 years can you tell me if there was uptake and where? How I upload the scan?
Diabetes is a serious disease, but if properly managed is not life threatening. Diabetes can be explained as the body’s inability to regulate insulin production. This leads to fluctuations in blood sugar levels. This disease affects every part of the body including the skin. For some people, a rash is among the first few symptoms of diabetes. Most diabetic patients suffer from a skin condition at some point or the other. Here are a few common skin ailments that affect diabetic patients.
- Bacterial infections: A weakened immune system makes diabetics more vulnerable to bacterial infections than normal. These bacterial infections can be typically seen in the form of styles on the eyelid, boils, carbuncles and nail infections. They usually make the skin around the infected area red, inflamed and painful. Most skin bacterial skin ailments can be treated with antibiotic creams and pills.
- Fungal infections: One of the most common fungal infections that diabetic patients suffer from is known as Candida albicans. This ailment is characterised by a red, itchy rash that is surrounded by small blisters. It is caused by yeast-like fungus and usually found in moist areas like the armpits or between the toes. Other fungal infections that affect diabetic patients include ringworm, jock itch, athlete’s foot and vaginal yeast infections.
- Itchy skin: Diabetics often suffer from itchiness that could be triggered by yeast infections, dry skin and poor circulation. People with poor circulation will find their calves and feet to be the itchiest part of the body, While poor circulation and yeast infections may need medical attention, dry skin can be easily treated by keeping the skin internally and externally hydrated along with the use of a mild moisturising soap.
- Vitiligo: This is a skin condition where the melanin producing cells in the skin are destroyed. This leads to a patchy appearance that can be typically seen on the hands, face and chest. Vitiligo is considered to be an autoimmune disease like diabetes and has no known cause or cure. Sunscreen is a must for diabetic patients suffering from vitiligo as the unpigmented skin has no protection from UV radiation.
- Diabetic blisters: Patients with severe diabetes may also suffer from diabetic blisters. These blisters usually occur on the extremities of the body and resemble blisters caused by burns. They are usually pain-free and heal on their own.
- Disseminated granuloma annular: This condition is characterised by a ring or arc shaped areas on the skin. They can usually be seen on the fingers and ears but may also occur in the chest and abdomen. This rash may be reddish or skin coloured. Medical treatment is not generally required for this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.