Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K.V.SathiyanarayananYour feedback matters!
I am a 24 years old girl, I have a weight issue my lower body is increasing fastly my calves curves are going to be straight, my calcaneus part area are swollen for a long time my hip cellulite are also increasing day by day. I have already tested my blood test and thyroid test all are ok. My upper body is lean but my lower is not. Please tell me what is the problem.
I have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism and been taking Euthyroxine since 2.8 years now .Dose started from 25 mcg and with TSH levels almost same , it's progressively increased to 150 mcg. Lately doctor did thyroid scan to detect that I have HAshimoto diseases. .however , I have always observed signs like swollen hands , tiredness feeling throughout and still exists. Also , my weight has increased from 85 to 104 kg, all though I take only home food , no junk fries ,cola ,burgers etc .also , I observed that my muscle has reduced and have become skinny all though my tummy and weight is increasing .I am thinking to consult endocrinologist again but any natural remedies to boost immunity and reduce or cure this .
Infertility is defined as not being able to become pregnant after a year of trying—or after six months, if you are 35 or older . And it’s not just a woman’s problem. One-third of infertility cases are due to male-only problems, one-third to female-only problems, and the final one-third to a mix of male and female problems or unknown problems
What Causes Infertility?
To become pregnant, many steps in the reproductive process have to be precisely aligned:
A woman’s ovary must release an egg (ovulation).
The egg must then travel through the fallopian tube toward the uterus, which is also called the womb.
A man’s sperm must be in the woman’s body during this specific time. It must also meet and join with (fertilize) the egg as it is traveling through the fallopian tubes.
The fertilized egg must then reach the uterus.
At the uterus, it must push its way inside and implant itself (implantation).
If there is a problem with any of these steps, infertility can occur.
Infertility in Women
Female infertility is most often caused by problems in ovulation—marked by irregular or absent periods. These problems may be related to hormonal disorders, such as polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), or primary ovarian insufficiency (POI), when a woman’s ovaries stop working before age 40.
Other causes include:
uterine fibroids, benign growths that can keep fertilized eggs from implanting properly in the uterine lining
scar tissue after surgery
blocked or scarred fallopian tubes, due to infection or endometriosis
Endometriosis is an often painful condition in which the uterine tissue that is supposed to line the inside of your uterus begins to grow outside the uterus, causing it to become trapped as it has no place to go (uterine tissue inside the uterus is shed each month during the menstrual cycle). The surrounding body tissues become inflamed, and scar tissue may form—sometimes inside the fallopian tubes.
Infertility in Men
Problems with sperm production and delivery, low sperm count, and low motility (the ability of sperm to swim and fertilize the egg) can all affect male fertility.
Varicocele is a disorder where the veins servicing a man’s testicles have incompetent or leaky valves. The backflow of blood can enlarge the blood vessels and can raise the temperature of the testicles causing a low sperm count or abnormal sperm. Testicles are generally slightly below the core body temperature.
Other lifestyle choices can impair healthy egg and sperm production, including:
heavy alcohol use
being overweight or underweight
an excessive amount of exercise
In men, environmental toxins, such as pesticides, and high temperatures (for example, in hot tubs) have also been shown to affect sperm count.
I am using thyroxine since 10 yes after my delivery. Are there any possibilities for me to get pregnant.
Sir, I am 40 years male old & I am diabetic, in blood test, I have ldl cholesterol - 117 mg/dl hdl, - 39. 6 mg/dl triglycerides - 176 mg/dl serum creatinine - 0. 9 mg/dl ldl/hdl ratio is 3. 0 cholesterol / hdl ratio is 4. 8 non-hdl cholesterol: 152 mg/dl doctor suggested the medicine i. E" atorvastatin tablets 40mg, is it correct dose? please clarify my doubt.
I have thyroid and due to thyroid i am getting much fat. So how i can reduce my fat in case of thyroid?
Hi Doctor, I have done with HSG TEST and reports are normal. Please let me know what we can do to get conceived this month. Today is 10th day of my periods. Please help me as we desperately want kids to fulfill life. Thank you in advance for the help.
My sugar level is 396 mg/dl without fasting and with fasting it is 263 mg/dl please tell me wht should I intake for breakfast, lunch and dinner which food and fruits to avoid. Please suggest.
My sugar in morning fasting was 75 but after break fast 2 hrs latter is 220 intake medicine before breakfast why it is so high after break fst.
Hi , My friend is doing such things and sending me updates. He's not staying near to me. After injecting complete cartridge of lantus his sugar levels dropped multiple times in that day but he had some juices and food to get his levels up. Not sure y he's doing such things but I want to know will there any long term effects by these action can we detect by any diagnosis that the effects are due to injecting such insulins? Please help me out if so I will try to plan such diagnosis to him so that I can prove to doctor that he's injecting insulins and try to stop him. Please help me out what diagnosis I can do for him to prove he's injecting insulins.
Male infertility is characterized by irregular sperm function or reduced sperm count. There are a host of causes that may lead to infertility in men such as lifestyle choices and obesity.
The various symptoms of infertility in men are:
- You may experience lumps or swellings in the testicles
- You may have chronic respiratory problems
- You may experience low libido
- You may have ejaculation disorders
- Impaired sense of smell
- Chromosomal complications such as reduced body hair
- Your sperm count may be low
The reasons of infertility may range from medical causes to lifestyle choices; some of the causes may be related to the environment. A common cause of infertility is due to problems with transportation of the sperm. These are mainly due to blockages in the tubes that carry the sperm.
The various reasons for infertility in men are:
- Infection: Various infections such as inflammation of the testicles and epididymis, which causes blockage of the tubes carrying the sperm can be a cause.
- Varicocele: This condition is characterized by swelling of the veins that are connected to the testicle. This condition is known to change the normal temperature of the testicles, thus leading to complications in sperm production.
- Hormonal imbalances: Various hormonal problems such as complications of the hypothalamus, pituitary and adrenal glands may lead to low testosterone levels in the body.
- Problems in sexual intercourse: Problems such as erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation are reasons why you may have infertility.
- Medications: Various medications such as using anabolic steroids, antifungal medications and chemotherapy may hamper production of the sperm and thus reduce your fertility.
- Radiation exposure: If you have been exposed to radiation such as x-rays, your sperm production may be impaired, thus causing infertility. However, this condition can be reversed if you are no longer exposed to the radiation.
- Consumption of alcohol and smoking: Both alcohol and cigarettes may cause problems in sperm production, and cause erectile dysfunction. Excessive drinking may lead to complications in the liver resulting in infertility.
- Obesity: If you are overweight, then it's time to lose those extra kilos. Obesity leads to a number of health problems, one of them being erectile dysfunction.
I am 31 year old, male. I am suffering from severe foot pain especially in the morning since 6 months. I am not diabetic. Kindly give me advice to solve my problem.
I am 48 years old Male. I have high uric acid since more than 20 yrs & have been taking Zyloric two tablets a day but it seems to be less effectI've now. What should I do? Right now it is 9.8. Have high bp too & RBCs are also high as per latest tests.
Sir, I am a Diabetic Patient, Age-80 years. My problem is Increased Creatinine, Serum Level i. E 3.3. Please advise me Medicine / Treatment of increased creatinine Levels. I take medicine as trajenta for Diabetes and Eco-Sprin, Trental 400 and Ketotreat.
I am diagnosed for hypothyroidism with 8.5 tsh. I am advised to take eltroxin 25. I have severe skin allergies and 11.5 hemoglobin. Any problem?
Is lady finger juice one glass early morning good to reduce diabetes and later on one tablet of vabose m.O.3 if taken will do to reduce the sugar which is 200 in empty stomach and 400 after food 2 hours
I am 53 yrs old male, my problem is while I am in sleep in day or night time, urine passes slowly in drops and wet my cloths and bed. I am a diabetic.
Which digital glucose meter will show perfect blood sugar? I have Dr. Morepen glucoone. Bt it does not show perfect readings.
The thyroid gland is a tiny gland that produces the hormones which affect the body's metabolic process. When these hormones are produced in less or more quantities, it may result in an imbalance of the thyroid gland, leading to a range of thyroid issues including hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism and others. Overproduction or underproduction of the thyroid hormones can also cause a variety of other symptoms and conditions. While this affects the state of one's general well being, health and weight, it also has an effect on the patient's libido.
Let us learn more about the link between thyroid and sex:
- Thyroid in Men: Men who are suffering from hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism as well as related conditions like goitre or Garves Disease, have complained of sex related problems. These problems are known to affect at least 50% to 60% of the patients, as per various medical reports. The sex related issues include premature ejaculation, low sex drive, delayed ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, and others.
- Thyroid in Women: It has been found that almost 10% of women over the age of 50 suffer from some form or the other of thyroid hormone imbalance. Apart from fatigue, depression and muscle ache as well as weight alteration, depending on the type of thyroid problem, thyroid patients who are women have also experienced problems when it comes to libido. Sexual dysfunction and arousal problems are high on the list of these issues.
- Hormonal Treatment: One of the most common ways of treating this sex related thyroid problems for thyroid patients is through the use of hormonal therapy. Besides getting the testosterone, estrogen and other androgen levels checked, the patient must also get a full hormonal evaluation along with a check-up of the adrenal function. This can help in pointing any anomalies and the hormones that will require replacement with the help of appropriate medication.
- Optimal Drug Treatment: A T4 only drug or Levothyroxine can lead to a resolution of sexual problems that one encounters as a part of thyroid problems. There are many doctors who may switch to a T3 drug once the libido is restored and brought back to normal.
- Supplements: Men may require testosterone supplements, while women may need estrogen or progesterone supplements to tackle the sexual problems in such cases. These can be rendered as a patch or through an injection.
- Sex Therapy: In many cases, sex therapy considered as a popular and effective form of addressing the problems and helping the patients get around the same. This is especially helpful if depression is one of the symptoms of the thyroid disorder.
A thorough physical check-up also helps in treating such problems for thyroid patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.