Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Does surgery for shoulder impingement the option? I am having pain in right shoulder and unable to lift arm and scratch back.
Ever been in a situation where a medicine you used to take regularly to deal with something, has suddenly stopped being effective? This is because of antibiotic resistance. This refers to the ability of bacteria to change their structure so as to resist the antibiotic. Thus, an illness that was once easily treatable is no longer affected by the same medicines and the bacteria causing the infection multiplies, thus worsening the condition.
How do bacteria develop antibiotic resistance?
When you take a drug, not all the bacteria present is affected equally. While some bacteria die out, others turn dormant. Repeated and improper use of antibiotics can lead multiplication of the dormant bacteria, which results in spreading of disease, instead of containing the same. One of the main causes of this is using strong antibiotics to treat minor viral illnesses.
What can you do to fight antibiotic resistance?
- Follow your prescription: When taking a course of antibiotics, it is also essential to complete the course and not leave it midway just because you are feeling better. Antibiotics are also most effective when taken regularly. Hence, avoid skipping a dose in your treatment. Doing this does not completely cure the infection, but increases the bacteria's resistance to the drug.
- Do not take someone else's medicine: Self medication can do more harm than good. Each drug attacks a particular combination of symptoms. Taking medication prescribed for someone else can increase the bacteria's resistance to antibiotics. It can also delay correct treatment, thus allowing your condition to worsen.
- Discard the leftover medication: When stored for a long period of time, medicines lose their potency. Thus if you were to take them later, they would be less effective against the bacteria.
- Do not take antibiotics for a viral infection: In any case, antibiotics to not address viruses and hence, the medicine will not have a beneficial effect on the virus. However, it can affect the bacteria present in your body by making it resistant to the drug.
- Do not use antibiotics for an extended duration: Use of antibiotic for treating issues such as acne can contribute to antibiotic resistance. If you must take any such medication, ensure that you are being cared for by a healthcare professional. Most doctors will suggest giving your body breaks between antibiotic courses when it comes to long term medication.
- Try natural remedies: Many common bacterial infections can be successfully treated naturally in their early stages. Aloe Vera, turmeric, garlic and tea tree oil are some of the natural cures for a range of bacterial infections. The biggest advantage of these natural cures is their lack of side effects.
Their professional education includes three years of specialized study after becoming a dentist, emphasizing child psychology, growth and development. Infants, preschoolers, children, and adolescents each need different approaches in dealing with their behavior, guiding their dental growth and development, and helping them avoid future dental problems. The pediatric dentist is best qualified to meet these needs.
To help a child stay totally healthy, the pediatric dentist often works with pediatricians, other physicians and other dental specialists. All children, whether healthy, chronically ill, disabled, or mentally challenged are served best through this team approach. This specialty is becoming even more important as a result of technical advances in medicine and dentistry and the increased populations of children with chronic diseases and congenital problems.
Pleasant visits to the dental office promote the establishment of trust and confidence in your child that will last a lifetime. Our goal at our clinics, along with our staff, is to help all children feel good about visiting the dentist and teach them how to care for their teeth. From our special office designs, to our communication style, our main concern is what is best for your child.
Our pediatric dentists provide an ongoing assessment of your child’s dental needs and may suggest preventive procedures like additional fluoride, dietary changes, space maintainers or sealants. We also undertake all necessary therapeutic procedures like fillings, apexogenesis, apexification, stainless steel crowns, habit-breaking appliances etc. Our specialists are trained in management of uncooperative, physically handicapped and mentally challenged children and we are also equipped with options like sedation dentistry to cater to the dental needs of special children.