Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K SubramaniyanYour feedback matters!
Sir I'm 25 years old. I'm love failure. Im very stressed and even shivering of my hands and body. So what to do.
My mother has a problem she has migraine type problem in sep she fainted but she doesn't have a migraine problem but why she get fainted share in lucknow doctor says report are normal. Plss suggest me best doctor for brain problem.
Hi, I am 45 years old female have leg pain under Left feet mostly at night while getting up in the morning numbness in hands feeling heavy below the head. My mother is suffering fr Rheumatoid Arthritis from 44 yrs now 67 yrs old. Is there any test to identify the disease at the early stage for me. My mom took Siddha treatment in the beginning for 6 years but no improvement then changed to allopathy. My height is 145 weight is 36kg was anemic now improved having fissure in ano taking ayurvedic treatment.
Hi. I have one personal question. I am in a relationship with my Boyfriend. Now he is suffering from glioblastoma MULTIFORME TUMOUR. So he said to me that to get rid from this tumour we both have to make physical relation in that he will get my DNA. He said I have to swallow his sperm by mouth in which our both DNA will become match after then I have to give him my small amount of blood in the injection then he will inject my blood in his body in which his tumour to be well. He said that his doctor told to do like this to get well. So please guide me that is he telling true.
Your child needs complete care whether it is emotional, psychological or physical. A thorough evaluation of your child’s body and mind is vital at nascent stages. Especially if you observed any complaints by your little one that may require medical help, such as:
1. Frequent headaches:
Much like adults, children too can experience headaches that last from 30 minutes to 3 hours. A range of primary or secondary headaches like, migraine, meningitis, sinusitis or tension may affect children due to neurological issues.
2. Blurry vision
If you observe either a vision developmental delay or near-sightedness and farsightedness in your child, it might be related to neurological issues.
3. Slurred Speech
If your child is 7-8 months and is not responding to sounds or cannot babble non-sense words, it calls for a neurological check-up.
4. Motor and Co-ordination Delay
Sometimes babies are unable to perform motor skill activities like crawling, walking or using fingers to grip or hold, such delay requires attention of the parent.
Check if your kid has become lazy and decreased his physical activities due to fatigue and tiredness suddenly of late.
6. Abnormal Movements
Common involuntary movements or tics like eye blinking, twitching of nose, grimacing or making sounds is in some cases overlooked. Tourette syndrome is an example of such a tic, which has been evaluated as a neurological issue.
7. Tremors or Seizures
Children are prone to febrile seizures (fits) or tremors along with fever that occur between 6 months and 5 years. These are signs of neurological issues that require an immediate check-up.
8. Numbness in Limbs
Neurological complications in your child’s infancy may also cause joint pain and numbness of arms and legs.
9. Behavioural disorders
A change in behaviour or attitude in your child is noticed if he/she is suffering from attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, school problems, sleep issues, intellectual disability or other neural conditions.
This symptom is tricky in children, as it may be confused with general tiredness by your human eye. It may be unheard of but many children face trouble in performing easy tasks. A neurological exam may identify the source for treatments.
An underlying problem to the nervous system can cause harm or impairment in the normal growth and development of your kid. Early diagnosis helps in correct care, recovery and prevention of long-term problems. You can opt for a routine neurological examination if you find such symptoms in your child. These exams check the functioning of your child’s brain, spinal cord, nerves that come from the brain and spinal cord and offers accurate diagnosis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
My nerves r weak whenever I do push-ups my hand and neck vibrates. What's the reason how get cured. Is it a normal one r adverse.
Sir mam I have a serious facial palsy and it will remain permanent bow should I live my life by having this type of face this is really troubling my face help me I am jusf 24 years old just .i will remain permanent sir help me .
Hi sir/madam, when I sit in the chair (bench) for even 2 min, my both legs got torpored (numbness). When I stand it is disappearing. But the pain at my legs lasts for 2 to 3 hours. I have been suffering from this problem for 4 months. Please suggest me how to cure that problem. Thank you sir.
My grandfather got paralysis a year ago and past few days he got pits. Why is this happening. His left cerebrum was dried. No other diseases.
I am feeling tingling sensation in hands, feet and sometimes throughout the body. Tingling is sometimes more and sometimes very less. Kindly advice.
Diabetes 2nd stage, legs affected, one time paralysis done please help for save him to diabetes. ANd make proper control on diabetes.
I am 64. 5 years old, gender male, height 5 ft-4 inch, weight 80 kg. I am suffering from essential tremor. My father had also same problem.(i. E. Inherent). My left and right hands are shaking while doing work like writing, eating etc. My question: you are requested to inform the name of medication to cure/reduce this problem,
I am 43 years old Male. I can observe numbness in my both great toes since a year (even though it is mild, I can feel the numbness) What is the Reason?
My wife is suffering from meningitis. First time it was in june 2013 and again it repeated this time. Please suggest me?
Nerve pain or peripheral neuropathy, as it is medically known, is characterized by pain, numbness and weakness that arise out of nerve damage. This pain is usually restricted to the feet and the hands.
What are the common causes?
Diabetes is the most common cause for this condition. However, other causes, such as injuries, infections and prolonged exposure to certain toxins can also trigger nerve pain.
How can you control nerve pain?
Nerve pain can be managed and taken care of at home taking into consideration the points that have been mentioned below:
- Topical Painkillers: Certain over the counter ointments and creams can help relieve nerve pain. These medications act as local anesthetics; that is they numb the area of the pain. Capsaicin, a derivative of chili peppers, is one of the major ingredients used in these medicines. Others use botanical oils as the major ingredients.
- Painkillers: There are painkillers available OTC which can curb nerve pain. However, painkillers such as ibuprofen, aspirin and acetaminophen do not really work well for severe pain of the nerves.
- Supplements: The lack of Vitamin B12 is considered to be a very important cause, and at times, a catalyst for nerve pain. In a case such as this, Vitamin B12 supplements or injections might be administered. Although more research needs to go into this, but certain supplements, especially gamma-linolenic and alpha-lipoic acid can help soothe nerve pain caused by diabetes.
- Acupuncture: This time honored Chinese approach is a proven alleviator of nerve pain. Acupuncture releases chemicals which numb the pain, or prevent the pain signals from travelling to the brain.
- Physical Therapy and Massages: Physical Therapy can especially heal and strengthen weak muscles that can stem from acute nerve damage and pain. Though more evidence is needed, according to a few sufferers of this condition, massages can be helpful with the tremendously painful muscle spasms that can so often result from nerve pain.
- Relaxation Techniques: In combination with the above mentioned approaches, relaxation techniques can go a long way in relieving debilitating neural pain. Besides being helpful with dealing and reducing a few stress phases of life which can cause nerve pain, these techniques might actually root out the actual pain itself.
- Lifestyle Modifications: This one’s always a winner! Eating a well-balanced diet that guarantees all nutrients in uniform amounts can never go wrong. Regular exercises for about 30-45 minutes can remedy different types of pain; nerve pain being one of them. Try and limit alcohol intake (a peg once a week won’t harm one, but binge drinking can play the ultimate spoilsport and make all health plans go topsy-turvy!). Abstain from smoking or chewing tobacco as this is usually the primary contributor towards any medical condition or disorder.
- Interventional pain therapy: It is newer mode of pain therapy for many neuropathic pain conditions, where regular pain therapies don't work. It is done in operation theater under fleuroscopy guidance as per MRI or other investigation report with clinical examination.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.