Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K SubramaniyanYour feedback matters!
I am a housewife and I have 7 month child I have feel weakness and my hand is shaking. please gave me proper solution.
I am 49 years old I am suffering from nerve pain below knee since 1987 ( for last 27 yrs) mri reports are normal. All blood reports are normal. Neuro physiian says it is restleg syndrom. He has given me lonazip-md. 5mg tablets daily at night. Please guide me restleg.
This is regarding my brother in law. He has been experiencing seizures since childhood whenever he has a lack of sleep the previous night. Recently we got his EEG, MRI (FOR EPILEPSY PROTOCOL) and other blood tests done which was referred by Dr., Mumbai. All the tests were normal and the doctor prescribed Valprol CR 200 thrice daily for 2 years and also said that if the medicines are taken on time for the said period then the condition would be cured forever. So could you please confirm me is it true if the medications are taken on time then he would lead a seizure free life forever? Please let me know.
What are the symptoms of sinus headache and migraine? Actually some doctors said I have migraine and some said it's sinus I'm confused.
Very often I get up from sleep and find my arm get numb and then I change positions and after some time it becomes normal. What should I do to correct this. I am a male aged 58 and I take medication for BP, i, e One tab of Cresar 40 mg and one tab of Amloguard daily in the night.
My young brother is handicapped from childhood. He can't able to walk properly can't eat properly and his brain is nt as good as us. His right leg nerves is getting hard day by day. Physiotherapists give him a shoe to walk with it . Any other solution for my brother to cure his defect permanently?
Left side of my father does not working properly due to got a paralysis attack 4 year ago. Will my father came out from this illness ?
I am 37 years old male. From past 2 years, I have migraine like headache mostly arising due to too much sound near me. Sometime also due to empty stomach. No history of hypertension and diabetes. I am not sure when it will start. It start any time of the day or night. Goes only after taking head ache pill like disprin. Kindly suggest is this symptoms of migraine or because I am empty stomach, this headache starts? What should I do in such situations?
If you are being treated for Parkinson's disease. How can you maximize the effect of Levodopa? The effect of levodopa can be maximized by increasing its absorption from the digestive system. In particular, taking levodopa on an empty stomach is very important.
- Take on an empty stomach: Do not eat anything 1 hour before taking levodopa. Do not eat anything for at least 30 minutes and if possible 1 hour after taking it. Take the pill with 2 glasses of water so that it can dissolve. If taking the levodopa on an empty stomach makes you nauseous, confirm that your medication has the right amount of carbidopa in relation to the levodopa (25%). If you continue to feel nauseous, you can eat a piece of white bread around the time that you take levodopa. Do not apply any butter, yogurt, cheese or similar high protein spreads. Protein can drastically decrease the absorption of levodopa.
- Get your constipation treated: This is critically important too. Being constipated can slow down the passage of levodopa through the digestive system. In most patients, drinking adequate water and taking stool softeners is helpful.
- Get your ulcer treated: It can be difficult to recognize that you have a gastric ulcer. However, if you have a burning sensation in your stomach at any time, or belch frequently, you may have a gastric ulcer. If you think you have an ulcer you should get tested (there is a simple breath test now) and treated with antibiotics (not antacids!)
- Do not take levodopa with iron tablets: The iron binds to levodopa and prevents its absorption. Keep a gap of at least two hours between these two medications.
- Try taking levodopa with orange juice and carbonated water (soda): Mix equal quantities of orange juice and carbonated water (soda). Take your regular levodopa with a glass of this preparation instead of water. The carbonated water hastens disintegration of the tablet, and the acidity of both things helps in levodopa absorption. There are special tablets of levodopa (dispersible levodopa, Madopar) which can be dissolved in this preparation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.