Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. K.SubramanianYour feedback matters!
Sir I feel numbness and shocking like electric shock in my right hand. What symptoms of this decease and how to cure. Plzzz suggest me sir plzzz plzzz.
I am 21 year old female I have migraine problem for last 1and half year and my treatment is going on from p. G. I. Is there any permanent solution for this problem?
I'm 70 years old,suffering from Parkinson's disease for last 1 year, taking allopathic medicine, dopamine,for 3 months along with yoga and pranayama.Could you suggest something more?
My father is 52 years old on 24/4/15 he is paralysed by half body now he was little bit ok. But still he lost little memory and forget few thing in daily life routine please advice what can I do ?
I am having some migraine problems whenever I use my phone for longer duration sho what should I do?
I have migraine issue. Left side, pulsating quality of headache, severe pain intensity, happens after walking alot or climbing too much, feeling of nausea and intolerance to sound or light!
Hi is duloxetine used to treat Parkinson disease ?Is it evident that using duloxetine confirms one has Parkinson? Please suggest.
Dr. hume migrain hai so ye bataye ki kya iska koi ilaj hai india mai aur kuch suggest kriye kaise ye thik hoga please Dr. bcz bahut dard hota hai body mai.
I have a back pain after elipsy and till now I did not take medicine. Tell me should i continue my medication or not ?
I am 24 years old my problem sleepiness insomnia causes to over thinking depression please help me sir homeopathic medicine.
My mother is suffering from neck pain. Sometime she point out numb area at back of her head. What should she do?
Epilepsy is a neurological disease which is characterised by recurring epileptic seizures. These seizures can be brief or can persist for prolonged periods. Vigorous episodes which last long can result in physical injuries such as broken bones. Mention that 6th February is International epilepsy day.
Causes of Epilepsy
The cause of this condition isn’t very evident; however, most medical practitioners attribute epileptic seizures to brain injury, tumours, infections in the brain or birth defects. Some doctors believe that epilepsy is caused due to genetic mutations and is an outcome of abnormal activity of cells in the brain. Other causes for this condition can be alcohol or narcotics withdrawal and electrolyte problems.
- Repeated seizures
- Impaired memory
- Bouts of fainting
- Short spans of blackout
- Sudden bouts of blinking and chewing
- Inappropriate repetitive movements
Types of Seizures
A seizure, also known as fit, is usually a brief episode characterised by uncontrollable jerking movement and loss of awareness due to abnormal neuronal activity in your brain. A collective occurrence of these seizures causes epilepsy.
There are three types of seizures an epileptic person usually encounters.
- Idiopathic: This kind of seizure has no apparent cause
- Cryptogenic: The doctors believe that there is a cause for the seizure but cannot detect it
- Symptomatic: These seizures occur due to a reason.
- Medication: Medication is the most common treatment in case of epilepsy. Drugs taken on a regular basis can stop the seizure partially. But in very severe cases, they seem to have no effect at all.
- Surgery: For symptomatic seizures which are caused due to abnormal brain function, surgery can be a way to get rid of seizures. In some minor cases, nerve stimulation in the brain and special diets can be prescribed to control the epileptic seizures.
Five facts about epilepsy you need to know:
- Epilepsy is not psychosis or madness and can be treated easily
- Popular celebraties with epilepsy include Aristotle, Alfred Nobel, Alexander the great, Sir Isaacs Newton, Martin Luther and Julius Caesar etc.
- Woman with epilepsy can have a normal pregnancy
- Newer medicines for epilepsy are effective and very safe
- Surgery can cure epilepsy in some patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.