Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K Senthil
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. K SenthilYour feedback matters!
Been exposed to loud music in front of the speakers for a long time. Have a ringing sound and a full feeling in the left ear since last night. It is getting better but still it is there.
My nose is bent. The nostrile bone itslef is bent. Will there be any problem if I go through an operation?
I have pain in my ears from the last night after I listened loud music from my headphones. so, please tell what to do.?
I am suffering with minor issue of sinus due to which I have a regular sneezing issue apart from that I find it slightly tough to breathe. What can be the best ayurvedic or Homoeopathic remedy for the same.
I am 21 years old, I have problem with my nose I get mucus from my nose while eating, when ever I get mucus even I get irritation also because I get mucus all time when ever I take little of spicy food.
Sinusitis or sinus is an infection in which your nasal passage becomes inflamed and congested. The main cause of the health problem is due to a virus. But there are rare cases in which the infections are caused by a bacteria or in even rarer cases by a fungus. Some health conditions including tooth problems, allergies and nasal polyps can also result in sinus problems. Here are some of the effects of sinus on your health.
- Headaches: Headaches are one of the primary and most common effects that sinus brings upon your health. The headaches result mainly because your nasal passage becomes completely blocked if you suffer from a sinus infection. The headaches are usually more adverse in the morning. The main reason behind this is that the fluids in your body accumulate in your sinus at night as you lay down for a long period of time. These type of headaches usually get worse when you are traveling due to a sudden change in the air pressure.
- Facial Pain: Facial pain along with an excruciating headache sometimes becomes unbearable in people who have sinus problems. When you have an infection in your sinus and it swells, it causes an immense amount of pressure on your facial region which leads to the pain. The pain continues between your jaws, your eyes, on both sides of your nose. You may sometimes experience pain in your teeth as well. The bridge of the nose and the region under your eyes may seem puffy due to the fluid accumulation.
- Nasal Discharge: The nasal discharge is more frequent and you will end up blowing your nose number of times than usual. You may also experience as postnasal drip. This is a special condition in which the mucus is seen dripping at the end of your throat because of which may make ticklish. This happens because of the excessive buildup of discharge in your nasal region. The postnasal drip sometimes also leads to a hoarseness in the voice and you may have to clear your throat from time to time.
- Cough: A cough usually results from postnasal drip. Coughing usually aggravates at night as the postnasal drip goes down the throat and tickles the nerves of the nasopharynx which often triggers a cough.
- Extreme Fatigue: The fatigue is a common side effect of sinus problem since your body employs your immune system to fight off the virus and uses up body's energy in the process leaving you tired. The postnasal drip and headaches often lead to poor sleep which makes you feel even more tired.
So, these are some of the effects that sinus problems can cause on your health. But with proper care and medical assistance, you can combat the problems effectively.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!