Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K Sathish Srinivas
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Tumors
Treatment of Testicular Cancer
Treatment of Blood Cancer
Treatment of Brain Tumor
Treatment of Lung Cancer
Treatment of Colon Cancer
Treatment of Cancer Pain
Treatment of Oral Cancer
Treatment of Prostate Cancer
Treatment of Throat Cancer
Treatment of Gastric Cancer
Treatment of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
Treatment of Lymphoma
Treatment of Cervical Cancer
Treatment of Bone Tumors
Treatment of Leukemia
Treatment of Renal Cell Carcinoma
Submit a review for Dr. K Sathish SrinivasYour feedback matters!
For the past three days I've been suffering from severe pain in my right breast. I consulted a gynec and she checked and told me to go for ultrasound breast, meanwhile she gave me taxim 200 10tabs and told me to take them twice daily. I got the ultrasound done. The doctor who did the ultrasound told me that there are no lumps. I feel extreme pain. And I can feel some nodes that cause real pain. Can't even touch that swollen nodes part. Can anyone pls help me out. The reason and everything about this.
Sir it is true that luteolin that present in carrots is more powerful than tamoxifen to control Harmon receptors in breast cancer?
Uterine cancer is also known as endometrial cancer and it mostly affects the middle aged women. The uterus of a woman is a muscular organ. The cancer can affect any part of the uterus and is more common in women having obesity, diabetes and hypertension. In most cases, the cancer starts in the endometrium, hence called endometrial cancer. Uterine cancer can be cured using any of the following methods:
- Surgical removal of the uterus along with ovaries, lymph nodes and fallopian tubes
- Radiation therapy
Although uterine cancer is curable, it's always a better option to prevent it. You cannot control all the causes for uterine cancer like those related to heredity. But other than that, here are a few ways in which you can prevent suffering from uterine cancer:
- Control body weight: Keep your body weight in control. Obesity can pose a huge risk of getting affected with uterine cancer. The fat in the body produces estrogen, which promotes the growth of uterine lining that is the Endometrium and may lead to Endometrial cancer.
- Breast feed: If you are lactating, then the risk of the cancer decreases, as breast feeding decreases ovulation as well as estrogen activities.
- Treat abnormal bleeding: If you are suffering from any type of abnormal bleeding, be that heavy periods, bleeding even after you reached menopause or if you start bleeding between two period cycles, consult your doctor immediately. Abnormal bleeding is the symptom of endometrial hyperplasia, which might eventually turn cancerous.
- Exercise: As already said earlier, keep your weight under control to avoid uterine cancer. Exercise to avoid increase in weight leading to obesity. It also reduces the estrogen level in your body.
- Healthy food: Healthy food is the key to avoid any disease, be that a common cold or uterine cancer. Eat a healthy and balanced diet everyday to be fit and bouncing.
- Birth control pills: It is believed that the intake of birth control pills helps to keep uterine cancer at bay.
So eat healthy, exercise and adopt healthy habits. Then nothing can stop you from enjoying life to the fullest.
I am 22 years old girl, I had an injury near my left breast 4 years back. But now I feel pain in that area I have painkillers bt no relief I get. I feel the pain while sleeping also. There is no mark but a very small lump I feel in my breast whenever I press that injured area. Please suggest me wht should I do or which specialist should I consult because nowadays m feeling the pain more frequently. Is there any tests required to detect the actual cause behind the pain? Please suggest me what should I do.
Enlargement of the prostate is a condition that can happen as you tend to get older. This can be treated with medications. However, did you know that the problem can be indirectly related to your performance in bed? It is true and read ahead to get acquainted with more knowledge.
Studies show that the urinary problems caused by an enlarged prostate can be one of the causes of erectile dysfunction. Getting up many times in a night to urinate can also indirectly affect this. Once the prostate enlarges due to old age or due to an underlying condition it affects the flow of urine. This increases the need to urinate frequently or prolonged time duration when passing out urine. Studies conducted have identified that this impacts your sexual life to a vast degree. Simply put, your urinary symptoms decrease the level of sexual activity.
When your thought process is on constant need to urinate enlarges, you might be physically less tolerant towards your sexual urges. Also, the sensation may be enough to put off any guy during the act. Prostate enlargement also affects your libido levels and can decrease the healthy sperm count. Prostrates important job is to aid the addition of semen to the sperm.
Some of the common symptoms a person undergoes when facing a prostate enlargement include a feeling of urgency, a need to urinate frequently, waking up many times in the middle of the night to urinate, a weak urine stream and straining to urinate. These lead to sexual deficiencies such as little or no erection during a sexual activity and sexual dissatisfaction and sexual problems. It can also be rightly summarized that this predominantly affects the old age men and these are something which a person may have to accept as a result of old age.
Prostate enlargement can be treated and you might have to undertake a dosage of medications for such conditions. A range of treatment options are available to deal with the enlarged glands. It depends vastly on your age and the conditions of your lifestyle you live in. You can choose to opt for a minimally invasive same-day procedure that will surely help you relieve the symptoms. Most people also do take up ayurvedic treatments for prostate enlargement which are very helpful. Do talk with your doctor before you go in for such ayurvedic remedies.
Herbs In Ayurveda That Help In Erectile Dysfunction!
- Asphaltum(Shilajit): The Ayurvedic herb Shilajit has been popular since ages for its wonderful effects on the male libido. The fertility rates and sperm counts increase multi-fold with the usage of Shilajit. Ayurvedic physicians recommend Shilajit herb for improving stamina and energy levels in males thereby helping them feel more powerful and efficient when working out.
- Withania Somnifera (Ashwagandha): It is a great antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory properties. It helps to promote overall well-being of the body and nourishes it with strength and immunity.
- Tribulus Terrestris(Gokhshura): Tribulus is a wonderful herb for strength and stamina. It helps improve the immunity which enhances the self-esteem and self-confidence in men. Tribulus herb for prostate health and power helps improve erectile dysfunction.
5 Yoga Poses for Erectile Dysfunction
The yogic techniques are also known to improve your testosterone levels and increase blood flow to your pelvic region, helping you treat erectile dysfunction and enhance your sex life. Try these yoga poses to promote to manage ED.
- Paschimottanasana: This posture can help relax pelvic muscles that are tense from sitting for long periods of time.
- Uttanasana: This is a staple in many yoga routines. This intense stretch may help you with anxiety. It even helps with infertility while also improving digestion and stimulating the organs in the abdomen.
- Baddha Konasana: You may have heard this as a Butterfly Pose. Along with stretching the inner thighs and groin, it stimulates the prostate gland along with the bladder, the kidneys, and the organs in the abdomen.
- Janu Sirsasana: Head-to-knee pose is the most effective when performed on an empty stomach. It helps with your flexibility, especially in the hamstring muscles, thighs, back and hips. It also helps with blood flow in the lower abdomen and groin.
Dietary changes such as the inclusion of ghee, nuts, urad (black gram) lentil and sweet items reported help in the cure of erectile dysfunction. Hot and spicy foods should be avoided as they can upset the doshas of the body and impede treatment. You can take an ayurvedic treatment package for effective results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Please my prolactin level is 96.4 and am not pregnant or been pregnant before my breast is very painful and the bones of my hand and feet hurt and my veins hurt too and I have milk discharge in my two breasts whenever I press it please what could be the cause.
I am ovarian cancer patient. I completed of the treatment procedure viz; surgery and chemotherapy. In surgery my ovaries, uterus, and tubes are removed. My surgery was done in 27 April 2015 and chemotherapy was completed in September 2015. Now I am totally ok and I keep check of my CA125. My CA125 is now 5 point. But the problem is my weight it is increasing day by day. I joined gym class but it also doesn't work. During gym weight is continuously increased. please help so that I could loss my weight. Suggest some diet for me. Now my weight is 75 kg and my height is 5 ft and my age is 26. please plz help my. please suggest some low budget diet because I am belongs to a lower middle class family. I can't go for this costly diet. please help me I want to loss weight so I can live a fit and healthy life. Eagerly waiting for your valuable reply. Thanks.
What are the side effects of radiotherapy (IMRT) in prostate cancer? And how to do basic management after radiotherapy.
Most text on the National Cancer Institute website may be reproduced or reused freely. The National Cancer Institute should be credited as the source. Please note that blog posts that are written by individuals from outside the government may be owned by the writer, and graphics may be owned by their creator. In such cases, it is necessary to contact the writer, artist, or publisher to obtain permission for reuse.
The prostate gland, an essential part of the male reproductive system grows throughout your life. As you grow older, it becomes imperative to keep this organ healthy.
Here's what you can do to maintain a healthy prostate:
1. Workout to stay fit - Exercising regularly and maintaining an optimum weight can help to keep your prostate gland at an optimal health. Several types of research have revealed the beneficial aspects of exercising. It's said that physically active men are less likely to suffer from enlarged prostate if they performed a physical activity of low to moderate intensity. Likewise, physically active men who ran for 90 to 108 minutes are 20% less likely to develop erectile dysfunction.
2. Eat fruits and vegetables - Including fruits and vegetables in your diet can help to maintain a healthy prostate. Guava, papaya, tomato and watermelon are some of the options that spell good for your prostate. Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts should also be included to boost the health of the gland. Ideally, you should have about 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
3. Have more soy products - Eating more soy products like tofu, soy flour, soy nuts can help to keep cancer of the prostate at bay. A study published in the British Journal of Urology International revealed that men who had soy products saw a 40% decrease in their risk of developing an enlarged prostate.
4. Have selenium-rich foods - Having foods rich in selenium (a powerful trace mineral) like tuna, eggs, cashews, onions, garlic, etc can reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer.
5. Say yes to healthy fats and no to trans and saturated fats - Choosing healthy fats like avocados, nuts, and olive oil can aid in boosting prostate health. At the same time, limiting saturated fats and trans fat intake are vital for keeping the prostate gland healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.
I am 48 years old. Had mastectomy in 2007 t1n1mo right breast. Had chemotherapy 6 cycles and 5 years of tamoxifen. A recent breast ultrasound shows some simple cysts in the left breast. What does it indicate? is there any chance of these cysts turning malignant please Advice.
My uncle is having oral cancer and he hv been operated also but now even after operation his cancer is spreading and reached the other side of mouth he also have 2 small pockets of pus on the other side his has swelling on all over his mouth and his will power is very less. Dr. which they were consulted said he can not operate the other side you have to take chemotherapy. Why he cannot be operated on the other side is there any way to cure his cancer please help me prescribe some suggestions plz.
I have a problem with my mouth it smells. I want some suggestion regarding problem. And I want to know that what is cancer?
Hello, My wife is Chinese and her relative in Dalian, China is suffering from Cancer. We are traveling to China in March and they have requested to carry 2 bottles of Erlonat150, 30 capsules. They have provided the prescription but government hospital in China only provides prescription in chinese / mandarin language but with govt stamp. I need guidance on how can I buy the medicine in India and carry the medicine to China.
Aged is 53 years. I am a thyroid patient since 20 yrs, two years back I had breast cancer and am doing good after the surgery, chemotherapy and radiation course. Recently I had got thyroid profile test done and the results are as follows. T3 = 0.85, t4 = 13.71 and tssh = <0.006 presently I am taking 150 mg eltroxin tablets daily early morning. Please let me know is that correct does or shouls I change the dose. If so what dose should take now. Earlier when I was taking 200mg I was 67kgs and now I am 73 kgs. Please advise accordingly. Thanks in advance.
Does green tea is good for health? Does it loses the body weight? Does it make our body free from cancer?
Meri maa ka treatment 3 months ago tata hospital me huaa tha. Doctor chemo ke liye bola tha. But maa darr se nhi gayi. tumor kaafi bad gya h, kya ab treatment ho skta h? dard bhi khafi hai. Please advise
Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH) is a condition which results in the enlargement of the prostate gland. The Prostate gland is situated near the Urethra (a tube which helps flush out the urine from the bladder). Generally, the chance of developing BPH increases after one crosses the age of 50. But it is yet unknown as to why some men experience more severe symptoms than others.
Causes of BPH
This condition generally occurs because of old age and affects almost all men above the age of 75. It occurs because of the various hormonal changes and changes in cell growth that the body goes through, as one becomes old. Sometimes BPH can set in due to genetics. If BPH sets in due to genetically reasons, it usually is quite severe and affects men before they reach 60.
Symptoms of BPH
Quite a few men who develop BPH, experience no symptoms at all. But when symptoms of BPH, known as lower urinary tract symptoms (LUT) start, they can be either mild or very severe. The severity of the symptoms is not related to the extent of the enlargement. Many a times men with only a mild enlargement complain about severe symptoms, while men with a highly enlarged prostate gland have not complained about any discomfort faced.
Symptoms of BPH tend to worsen due to cold weather and also because of physical and emotional overexertion. There are certain medicines, which should be avoided if you suffer from BPH, as they have a tendency to worsen your symptoms, for example diphenhydramine, pseudoephedrine, oxymetazoline spray and other antidepressants.
The symptoms of BPH are related to bladder emptying and issues with bladder storage.
Symptoms related to the urine drainage from the bladder are:
- Strain while urinating
- Weak urine flow
- Some dribbling after urination
- Sudden urge to urinate
- Pain while urinating
Symptoms related to storage of urine in the bladder are:
- Waking during the night to urinate
- Urinating frequently during the day and at night
- Sudden urge to urinate, which may be hard to control
It however, has to be kept in mind that these symptoms may not primarily occur due to prostate enlargement, but are the result of other conditions like urinary tract infections, prostatitis, prostate cancer, neurological disorders and even diabetes. Thus, it is essential that you visit a doctor and get the cause for these symptoms diagnosed properly.